• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Auctions Tinker Bell Heart Pins - hologram bubble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Auctions Tinker Bell Heart Pins - hologram bubble?

starry_solo

Judge of the Dark Court
Staff member
DPF Administrator
Rating - 100%
541   0   0
While researching Tinker Bell pins, I came across these really cute Tinker Bell Heart pins, including the very first pin to sell out in a Disney Auctions!

That would be the first Tinker Bell heart (according to Pinpics.)

I know some DA pins came with hologram bubbles on the back while others did not. I also found it interesting that the first Tinker Bell heart pin is a LE250 while the other 5 are LE500 (there are cute pins that she's hugging a heart that says "Mom" and "Dad" that are LE1000) but I didn't copy the pictures here.

Anyhow, my question is this, did any of these DA pins come with the hologram bubble on the back? Was the hologram bubble infrequent - that is it wasn't based upon year of release but something else?

Thanks for any information you may have!

here are the ones with her hugging the hearts::
pin28332th72
pin28440th72
got the dad, need the mom still for my collection.

Interesting random fact. the purple one you have up there is one of several DA pins that had incredibly similar open edition releases during I believe "Tink Tuesdays."

As to the hologram... My understanding (I could be wrong) is that early pins did not have them, but later pins did. They were added to the last year or two of pins released by DA.

I know we have the last 2 (#31669 and 31958) in our collection. I do not recall ever seeing the hologram on those, but will double check when I get home.

Interesting random fact. the purple one you have up there is one of several DA pins that had incredibly similar open edition releases during I believe "Tink Tuesdays."

As to the hologram... My understanding (I could be wrong) is that early pins did not have them, but later pins did. They were added to the last year or two of pins released by DA.

Those are cute.

Ah, I know I bought some other DA pins - Lilo & Stitch Bath Story ones - that didn't have holograms but my investigation of those showed they didn't come with them. And I think there were some non LE bath ones (like Stitch Sundays) I think.

Hopefully someone has information about the first three. The fourth with the word "Tink" is a bit odd. LOL

Thanks Tealke! I still wonder when they started putting them on :p Oh well, one of the gurus can tell us

DA only put holograms on the lower editions, so LE100 and LE250 would definately have had holograms, once they started using them. I dont think the LE500 had holograms, or maybe just a few did - cant remember!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back