• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Designer Dolls 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Designer Dolls 2015
Ok thank you! I will probably just end up going Friday and testing my luck. But then again, I would hate to miss what they release. Ill have to think about it a bit more.

FYI: They still had pre-orders available for the complete designer set on Saturday & Sunday. The D23 exclusive was also still available on Saturday and Sunday as they sold a limited number of dolls then.

What a terrible "proposed" line up...

Seriously? Hans and Elsa? What has he ever done to her (other than try to cut off her head)... But compared to Anna... He did much worse! Boo! Imagine a wait haired Anna with Hans!

Also, Peter Pan and Captain Hook? Double sculpted head! I don't think we will see any Male VS Male sets...

Here's the line up that I propose:

1. Snow White and Grimlhide
2. Cinderella (in her pink dress) and Tremaine
3. Aurora and Maleficent (Although both are pretty exhausted, so I'm ok if they skip)
4. Mermaid Ariel and Ursula OR Vanessa
5. Belle and Gaston
6. Jasmine (Red outfit) and Jafar
7. Esmeralda and Frollo
8. Mulan and Shan Yu
9. Gothel and Rapunzel
10. Tiana (White Dress) and Facilliar
11. Anna and Hans
12. Elsa (battling her demons by herself)
13. D23: Frozen Translucent Blue skin Anna and Hans with Shattered Sword and Elsa on the ground.

That line is soo good that I'm ok with them releasing them together. Maybe one in the fall and the other in spring. That would be great!

Not to be a Debbie Downer (wahhhh-wahhhhh) but this rumour sounds absolutely ridiculous. I mean, I LOVE the idea of heroes vs. villains myself, but look how piss poorly the last set with double dolls sold. The retail price for sets with two dolls is just too high for most people's budgets so while the most adamant collectors will find ways to save for the whole set or pass on most and just get their favourites, many of these dolls will end up warming shelves, with the small possibility Disney will have to mark them down to move them. Look how long it took to sell out three of the individual sets from the last batch (of course the three POC ones...of course). Look how the entire set ended up back on the Disney Store website, months after they were supposed to be sold out! Look how some of them are randomly popping up in brick and mortar Disney Stores!

IF Disney does another double doll set they will either make a much lower edition size or skimp on the dolls so they can lower the price to maybe around $100.

But even then it just seems so silly to me. We already have TWO designer Snow Whites and Rapunzels - we don't need a third. Peter Pan would require an entirely new body mold, something I don't see happening for such a limited run. Anna and Kristoff in a line titled "Heroes and/vs. Villains", wtf?

I dunno, I think this was just some random person on the Internets claiming to be a Disney Store cast member out for a good troll. Radio Disney Club is usually reliable. Don't trust anything else.

What a terrible "proposed" line up...

Seriously? Hans and Elsa? What has he ever done to her (other than try to cut off her head)... But compared to Anna... He did much worse! Boo! Imagine a wait haired Anna with Hans!

Also, Peter Pan and Captain Hook? Double sculpted head! I don't think we will see any Male VS Male sets...

Here's the line up that I propose:

1. Snow White and Grimlhide
2. Cinderella (in her pink dress) and Tremaine
3. Aurora and Maleficent (Although both are pretty exhausted, so I'm ok if they skip)
4. Mermaid Ariel and Ursula OR Vanessa
5. Belle and Gaston
6. Jasmine (Red outfit) and Jafar
7. Esmeralda and Frollo
8. Mulan and Shan Yu
9. Gothel and Rapunzel
10. Tiana (White Dress) and Facilliar
11. Anna and Hans
12. Elsa (battling her demons by herself)
13. D23: Frozen Translucent Blue skin Anna and Hans with Shattered Sword and Elsa on the ground.

That line is soo good that I'm ok with them releasing them together. Maybe one in the fall and the other in spring. That would be great!
I really hope yours never happens only because I would need to buy every set! Seriously if this were the line up I'd cry with happiness.

Even though I am ecstatic at the thought of a Peter Pan and Captain Hook set (you guys don't even know how happy that would make me) and the thought of a Rapunzel and Gothel set sounds wonderful, the actual line up itself seems...too bizarre. Elsa being with Hans, as several people have already pointed out, doesn't make a lot of sense. Hans manipulated Anna for almost the entire film, and didn't really interact or mess with Elsa until near the very end. The only reason Elsa would be with Hans instead of Anna is so Disney has an excuse to make a D23 exclusive Elsa doll. Then an Anna and Kristoff set makes ZERO sense seeing this is a Heroes vs. Villains line. They would only be there simply to cash in on the Frozen craze. Also, why would Peter Pan and Hook be in a line that seems to be primarily focused on characters from Disney Princess films?

The list just isn't very well thought out in my opinion, and the fact that we have two dolls per box again isn't a very smart idea. The Fairytale Designer collection, while a beautiful line, wasn't as successful because of the inflated price tag of having two dolls in the same box. People are STILL having problems selling some of the 2nd wave dolls at select Disney Stores and even on eBay. Granted, most of these dolls are the POC, which never sell as well as the others anyways for some weird reason, but they did have problems selling them regardless. Look at the recently released Fawn. Fawn isn't even a very well known character, and she sold really quickly because of how well done she was and her cheap price tag. I can also appreciate Disney trying to give us more villain dolls, but do we really need to have villains we have already gotten? Same things goes for the princesses too.

If this turns out to be true, then I hope there is more to this list than the information we have already gotten. I hope that they at least change some of the character choices, like changing Anna and Kristoff to Cinderella and Lady Tremaine (seeing it is the 65th anniversary of Cinderella and the same year the live action Cinderella movie comes out). It would be a MUCH better idea to just make a line of Disney Heroines (though all of the princesses are heroines), which people have been wanting for many months now. That gives them an excuse to create dolls of Elsa, Anna, and Merida while also creating dolls of characters like Alice.

Last edited:
I doubt that disney would make a heroines line. Their goal is to make a product that sells good, making less popular characters such as Jane, Esmeralda, etc, wouldnt sell good. Even the mulan, Pocahontas, and tiana couple dolls didn't sell that good, and they are part of the disney princess franchise. It would be nice if they redesigned all the princess in those fancy outfits like the first designer edition, or they could make a movie accurate addition were they look exactly like in the movie with a nice backround, like cinderella in a poofy silver-ish white dress with heels instead of boring flats.

I doubt that disney would make a heroines line. Their goal is to make a product that sells good, making less popular characters such as Jane, Esmeralda, etc, wouldnt sell good.
I completely disagree. A lot of people always say this but it has never been tested... Because disney never releases merchandise (or at least quality merchandise) for these films/characters.

i personally would buy 10x more Meg, Esmerelda, and Jane merchandise than I would for half of the princesses.

I completely disagree. A lot of people always say this but it has never been tested... Because disney never releases merchandise (or at least quality merchandise) for these films/characters.

i personally would buy 10x more Meg, Esmerelda, and Jane merchandise than I would for half of the princesses.

Disney might use the sale of their Blu-Rays as a measuring tool for popularity.

I don't think Hercules, tarzan, and hunchback are best sellers. Compared to the princess movies.

Disney gave us a blue Aurora. They've given us quite of few things that fans have asked for. I think a heroine collection is possible. They could make it like the original designer collection. A certain amount per popularity. Elsa and Anna 8k. Merida 6-7k. Meg, Esmeralda, Alice, Wendy, and maybe others at 4k. I feel like those three ladies would sell better then others on the wanted heroine list.

Last edited:
I would die for a designer Alice. But they might wait until the new Tim Burton through the Looking Glass is released for her.

Which actually sparks an idea. With these Live-Action remakes being done, like Cinderella and the Jungle Book, do you think there might be a chance of heroine dolls being released with live-action movies? (Like if they were to do a LA hunchback or even maybe releasing a designer Wendy on the coattails of the new Pan movie. It's a stretch, but still a possibility.)

Of course this would also mean that we would have to have live-action movies for them first, but it's still a glimmer of hope.

Disney gave us a blue Aurora. They've given us quite of few things that fans have asked for. I think a heroine collection is possible. They could make it like the original designer collection. A certain amount per popularity. Elsa and Anna 8k. Merida 6-7k. Meg, Esmeralda, Alice, Wendy, and maybe others at 4k. I feel like those three ladies would sell better then others on the wanted heroine list.

I can't see Disney doing more than 5 dolls if they did a heroine line. I could easily see us getting Elsa, Anna, Merida, and Alice. I could see disney having the fifth doll be either Wendy or Tinkerbell. I know we already have a tinkerbell doll but she sold pretty well from what I can remember and she is one of the more popular female characters. I cannot see them doing Meg, Esmeralda, or Jane Porter. Disney does not promote their movies at all. We see the characters in the parks some but there hasn't been quality merchandise for any of them in years.

I agree with MagicLover1. They could do a heroine line like they did the original designer line with certain characters having varying edition sizes. Elsa and Anna are mega popular so they could be LE 8 or 9000. Merida and Alice LE 6 or 7000. Esmeralda and Meg seem to be the two heroines most people remember and talk about so they could be LE of 4000. Jane is a maybe. I would put her with Esme and Meg in the 4000 category.

I don't know about Wendy She would probably look similar to Alice. I would release them in this order:

Jane Porter LE 4000
Merida LE 6000
Megara LE 4000
Anna LE 8000
Esmeralda LE 4000
Alice LE 6000
Elsa LE 8000

I could see a heroine line been made, surely Meg/Esmerelda are more popular than Fawn? If they did the heroines just as detailed as Fawn, the same price and a lower edition size then they would sell out.

I could see a heroine line been made, surely Meg/Esmerelda are more popular than Fawn? If they did the heroines just as detailed as Fawn, the same price and a lower edition size then they would sell out.
EXACTLY. If the fairies can have doll collections and sell I don't see why Jane or other characters couldn't be just as popular if not more...

I had a beautiful Esmeralda doll when I was little. Hunchback has always been one of my favorite Disney films and I loved her so much! If they did her well, she would be extremely popular. I'd love Meg, too. I'd go for Jane, too, but I would prefer a really beautifully done Wendy or something like that, and Alice :) I think that they would sell really well, if only because people haven't seen them before! You can only have so many Cinderellas.

I for one am also very excited for a Silvermist designer fairy <3

Considering next year there will be Live-Action Alice in Wonderland 2 and we got, not one, BUT 2 Live-Action Cinderella 2015 LE Dolls this year, I expect some sort of follow up LE Alice in 2016. I can see a designer heroines line next year.

I would totally buy a Jane LE doll.

thre is a live action Tarzan coming out, I don't think it is Disney though.

But seriously, if we can have fairies we can have heroines. I know a 3 or 4000 edition Jane would sell. Maybe not instantly but it would sell.

Since when do Elsa/Anna fit in with heroines? I love them but they can go back to princess line, thanks :p

13483_805483549500154_8477337540127841840_n.jpg

This is was posted on the Disneylifestylers.com FB. Doesn't this look like it would be in the designer line?!?!

Last edited:
I like them :) I don't usually like the designer dolls but I do like the sketchs on the boxes and these of Anna and Elsa are beautiful. But why that lilac on Elsa?? And I also miss some green on Anna ;-)

The coloring may be a bit off since it's printed on a blue colored shirt. Might be different on white.

But all in all, this is exciting to see the potential of what could be. I like Anna much more than Elsa on this print.

It also makes me think that this could be the LEs for D23. :anxious:

I agree about Anna, I don't know why but I think her dress has more possibilities for a designer restyle, don't you? I mean Elsa's dress is wonderfull but I can imagine too many things they can do with it unless they change all of it...
Well, maybe that's why I don't like the Designer line too much :-D
But the journals with the sketchs are beautiful, I was tempted to buy the second series of couples for my daughter but I'm a completist and without the first serie of journals....
Sorry I overtalk :-D
i just find that Anna's face is not exactly right, it's not like her...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back