• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney pin blog slacking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney pin blog slacking?

breadnbutterflies

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
is it just me or does it seem like the blogs been lagging behind on updating us on the going ons in the pin community.there still has not been any updated info on the pins scheduled to be released in march or april.dlr traders got a peak at our jan trade night but havent heard anymore about them since then.im not even sure about the exact release dates anymore,i think some alice pins are scheduled to come out early march and mid april,but i want the dates to put on my calendar.anyone else feel the same?:dunno:

Yup. The blog's also been written pretty poorly, too. If anybody involved with What's HapPining is reading this, and wants a professional copywriter to write or edit the blog, drop me a PM. Unlikely, but hey - I'd rather try to be part of the solution than just a hapless complainant.

-JD

Last edited:
In my opinion, the pin trading information has been lackluster ever since Steven Miller was moved to a different position. Apparently there wasn't anyone to replace him, so they just left us all hanging. I am not sure there is anyone in the position now either. If there is, they aren't stepping up to the plate that was left empty!!

I was thinking the same thing about the blog. There used to be an update almost every week if I remember correctly. Now there's an update close to once a month! I have noticed that pin news is being moved over to the Disney Parks Blog, which to me, doesn't make a whole lot of sense. They have a Pin Blog already, they should give a sneak peak of the article, then send people to disneypins.com. In my opinion of course. They're probably doing this to reach out to more people, assuming the disney parks blog gets more traffic than the disneypins.com. Remember their "special" blog post that was to come at midnight on new years? I don't even think that came out on time!

I was thinking the same thing about the blog. There used to be an update almost every week if I remember correctly. Now there's an update close to once a month! I have noticed that pin news is being moved over to the Disney Parks Blog, which to me, doesn't make a whole lot of sense. They have a Pin Blog already, they should give a sneak peak of the article, then send people to disneypins.com. In my opinion of course. They're probably doing this to reach out to more people, assuming the disney parks blog gets more traffic than the disneypins.com. Remember their "special" blog post that was to come at midnight on new years? I don't even think that came out on time!

your so right about the new years post i was at home w/my husband and kids and loggedv on to see the news right after midnight and there was nothing there.idont think it was posted until the next morning.

Not only is the blog posts slow to come, they are very lacking and have been showing stuff either already shown or pins released at other places. Plus, everyone found the WDW Hidden Mickey pins and shared them before Disney got around to it.

As poor as the blog is now, I do feel that the bigger issue them keeping up on releases being posted. Lately there has been many pins that have been released before they even get a chance to list the upcoming release. If I recall, the Cars poster pin booster pack currently showing as an upcoming release was already released at WDW and the Cruise Line and I believe it was released before they even posted it on the site as an upcoming release. Also, they only show the WDW Version of the set when Disneyland has already released their own version! How come they are just showing the WDW one. There are many more examples though such as Easter Mickey and Minnie eggs only showing a WDW release but already out at Disneyland. Mickey Mouse Icon Yellow Glitter I believe is also out at DLR in other colors besides just the yellow shown.

Sadly, I think this will become the norm since there is no longer one person in charge of making things run smoothly for the pin program. If Disney cares, they should fix this as soon as possible.

i agree so whats gonna happen to us seasoned traders with new releases are we just gonna have to hope we show up at the park on the day a pin we really want is being released.disney should do something about this problem,traders bring a lot of money to the parks and disney franchise,to just ignore it will create worse issues down the road.i mean could you imagine missing out on a pin you really been waiting to get just because disneys to lazy to find someone to update us.i dont see what the problem is w/finding a replacement for steven; its not like they dont have tons of cast members just as pin crazy as the rest of us.which brings me to another problem withnot knowing release dates,cast members will know,so are we gonna start seeing a bunch of new pins on the bay with outrageous prices because cat members got to them before the rest of us.get with it disney WE WANT DATES!

I actually don't think replacing Miller would be easy. Being pin-crazy alone isn't enough - you also have to be able to write, which isn't as common as one might think. That's on top of a whole bunch of job qualifications that I'm sure we're not aware of. But yeah, they DO need to get on it. I think alot of the pins news is now over on the main Parks blog solely because they're still using Miller to generate that content.

I actually don't think replacing Miller would be easy. Being pin-crazy alone isn't enough - you also have to be able to write, which isn't as common as one might think. That's on top of a whole bunch of job qualifications that I'm sure we're not aware of. But yeah, they DO need to get on it. I think alot of the pins news is now over on the main Parks blog solely because they're still using Miller to generate that content.

your right there are a lot of other qualifications that come with the title, but how long do you think it should take to find a replacement,the way things are going now it seems like we wont get any updates until after the releases or events happen.and whats this going to do to upcoming events as well,nights,summer events etc?

.....but seriously sometimes i feel as if dlr stuff is always put on the back burner.

That is what happens when the team is based out of another resort 3000 miles away... As I have said many times in the past, the worst thing for Pin Trading at Disneyland was the loss of the Pin Project Manager for Disneyland.

I too am frustrated with the Disney pin blog. Sci-Fi Academy is coming up in June, can we please see some merchandise from it and a registration date? Same with Florida Project please!

I check the Disney Parks Blog too but there still isn't enough info on pins! There's a lot of focus on vinylmations (which I don't mind since I collect those too)but it'd be nice to get equal amount of info on upcoming pins as well

That is what happens when the team is based out of another resort 3000 miles away... As I have said many times in the past, the worst thing for Pin Trading at Disneyland was the loss of the Pin Project Manager for Disneyland.

i agree maybe the blogs should be divided that way each park gets the most updated info,and not have to limit itself to one park or the other.it just seems like the dlr blogs are always like "oh and by the way" type of stuff.

I too am frustrated with the Disney pin blog. Sci-Fi Academy is coming up in June, can we please see some merchandise from it and a registration date? Same with Florida Project please!

I check the Disney Parks Blog too but there still isn't enough info on pins! There's a lot of focus on vinylmations (which I don't mind since I collect those too)but it'd be nice to get equal amount of info on upcoming pins as well

i too want info on sci fi, but i was looking at the pins yesterday and a lot of the upcoming le's arent even listed it just seems like there listing rack pins,which is fine but i dont need dates for racks i need le dates.

So, at first I was a bit put off by the piece of film series because of the high LE and high price, but after seeing the Snow White one I'm excited about the whole set. But, after seeing the Bambi one I'm just a little worried about what they will look like when they are all together. I'm just concerned they won't "go together" as nicely as I had hoped....idk...maybe they'll be ok....eh....I'm liking them more the more I look at them....the big color contrast was just throwing me off...

400002262121.jpg
400002265191.jpg

Last edited:
So, at first I was a bit put off by the piece of film series because of the high LE and high price, but after seeing the Snow White one I'm excited about the whole set. But, after seeing the Bambi one I'm just a little worried about what they will look like when they are all together. I'm just concerned they won't "go together" as nicely as I had hoped....idk...maybe they'll be ok....eh....I'm liking them more the more I look at them....the big color contrast was just throwing me off...

400002262121.jpg
400002265191.jpg

ok these are two les out of about id say 15-20 that are scheduled to be released in spring,like ive said before there are no updates on pins trders were able to see at our last dlr night.thats whats upsetting,theres a whole new line of alice pins coming out as well as booster packs the cute cupcakes i really want any news anyone or if you were there and happen to know the dates of releases let me know please.

I talked with a cast member (one of the ones in suits) at LiM, and she said that Steven Miller's former position has basically been dissolved, and now, in addition to creating and making the pins, the pin team has to schedule all the events, update the blog, etc. So no one person is in charge anymore (according to her).

Like every other business in America, they're trimming back and dumping more work on employees that are already overworked >_<

Also, I don't want to start a whole West-Side-Story-ish East Coast/West Coast thing, but you DLR guys really don't have to complain all the time about not getting anything...you have plenty. DSF, WDI, better park pins, D23 events, NFFC events, Frank and Sons, 2 events (Alice and Sci-Fi, both of which I'd rather have over Florida Project as a theme), etc., etc.

Besides, we didn't have a free PTN for 3 months ourselves. And think of all those poor traders in the UK, or Japan, or middle America, who are lucky to attend one event or PTN.

And think of all those poor traders in the UK, or Japan, or middle America, who are lucky to attend one event or PTN.

Amen. Put me down for a +1 in the following categories: Never been to an event, never been to a PTN, never been to a major pin release

I talked with a cast member (one of the ones in suits) at LiM, and she said that Steven Miller's former position has basically been dissolved, and now, in addition to creating and making the pins, the pin team has to schedule all the events, update the blog, etc. So no one person is in charge anymore (according to her).

Like every other business in America, they're trimming back and dumping more work on employees that are already overworked >_<

Also, I don't want to start a whole West-Side-Story-ish East Coast/West Coast thing, but you DLR guys really don't have to complain all the time about not getting anything...you have plenty. DSF, WDI, better park pins, D23 events, NFFC events, Frank and Sons, 2 events (Alice and Sci-Fi, both of which I'd rather have over Florida Project as a theme), etc., etc.

Besides, we didn't have a free PTN for 3 months ourselves. And think of all those poor traders in the UK, or Japan, or middle America, who are lucky to attend one event or PTN.

hey im not saying anything that west is best or anything like that so i apologize if it came across that way;and regards to our stores yes we have stores that are not always open to general public,or everyday for that matter:but you guys have more parks and events at the different parks seem to be happening more than when our dlr nights come along,and we dont have games or all the fun stuff you guys do at yours,theres hardly any artists that show up or speak,they even took away our pin wall to be more like wdw,so they'll take away fun stuff for us before they'll add something new.thats just the way i see things i cant speak for everyone.once again i apologize if i come across as favoring one park over the other ive never even been to wdw so i cant really say much about it,except i sooooo wanna go.and a shout out to overseas traders i do wish there was more stuff for you guys to attend in your area.im just asking for more updated info thats all.

oh and another thing i forgot to say(hard to imagine right),i just wanna say i am as most are very apprieciative of all the hard work our pin team for disney works,whether it be artists,imagineers,the event planners and blog writers,even those poor cast members who have to put up with us inthe pin stores,you know the ones who roll their eyes when they think were not looking..thank you thank you your the bestest to quote my son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back