• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLL Release Discussion v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLL Release Discussion v2.0
I jusr learned that UPS delivered my pre-sell to the wrong house evem the wrong street...grrrr

CALL UPS directly and demand them to find the driver/deliverer of your package and ask them where he dropped it off. And ask them to get that package for you or if there is a way for you to retrieve it. And if they do retrieve your package, demand that you get your package redelivered by the end of today or first thing in the morning.

I REALLY HOPE THINGS WORK OUT FOR YOU.

Aurora is my favorite Disney princess, and I've really been going back and forth on whether to try and get this doll or not. I want to love it, but I'm not too happy with what they've done with her, and I agree that the updo is not very flattering at all. They probably wanted to try something different since several of the other princesses have the long flowing hair. To me, from what I can see, it's all quite bland. Hopefully she looks better up close and in hand. I so wish there was something special about this doll that said WOW. Aurora seems to get the short end of the stick, so to speak, much of the time.

Good luck in getting the dolls that you want and making the changes you want with Aurora! In my case, if I get her, I'd have to keep her as is since I wouldn't want to take her out of the box. Having no talent in this area, I'm afraid that I would completely destroy her if I tried to tinker.

UK Release Dates

Rose im struggling to find where they say the dolls will be released in the Uk ??

Rose, I can't find that announcement on the Disney Store facebook page either. However, there is an announcement, posted a couple of days ago, on the UK Disney Store site that confirms the date but not the time of the the release:

Dear Disney Store Guests:
As you may be aware, our new limited edition Disney Princess Designer Doll Collection has generated a good deal of excitement. While many of you love the new dolls, you have also expressed frustration in securing your favourite Princess, and brought to our attention ways we could make the process fair for all Guests. We want you to know that we read your comments on Facebook, saw your Tweets, and our Cast Members have told us what they heard from our Guests who visited our Stores.

Quantities of these dolls are very limited, and we realize that not everyone will be able to get the doll of their choice even with a new process in place. Our aim is to increase the chances of as many of our Guests as possible to obtain the dolls that they are seeking. Therefore we have updated our release plans as follows:
  • We will now release for purchase all 5 remaining Disney Princess Designer Dolls: Tiana, Jasmine, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty and Pocahontas on one date in Stores on 17/10/11.
  • We will then have a Disneystore.co.uk release of all 5 Disney Princess Designer Dolls: Tiana, Jasmine, Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty and Pocahontas, the following day on 18/10/11, at a time to be determined – and will be communicated at a later date.
  • We will be limiting the purchase to one doll per Princess, per Purchasing Guest. This limit applies both in-store and at Disneystore.co.uk.
  • We will implement a line queue and ticketing procedure (if necessary) in Stores on the release date and the dolls will be sold at store opening.
We thank you for your continued support and loyalty. We hope you have a Magical day.

Note: The following stores will be participating in the distribution of dolls on 17/10/11: Westfield, London; Oxford Street, London; Dublin, Ireland.

Rose, I can't find that announcement on the Disney Store facebook page either. However, there is an announcement, posted a couple of days ago, on the UK Disney Store site that confirms the date but not the time of the the release:
I just found part of the quote that Rose put up on the Disney Store Facebook page. The post from Disney with the actual time seems to have disappeared!?!

So people in the UK and Europe will get to order the dolls 8 hours before we do in the US and Canada! Good luck, Rose!

Last edited:

I've been out of town on business all week and won't be back home for a few more days - the package was suppose to be delivered to my work address ... the delivery confirmation email I got from UPS had a street address for an address that, according to google maps, does not exist. The confirmation said that the package was left at the front door last Tuesday afternoon and the driver did not get a signature. There is a soccer field where the delivery address should be.

I called Disney and they confirmed that someone on their end mixed up my home (street #) and work addresses (street name and city). The messed up address was also a non existant address, so it looks like the UPS driver just picked the next street over and put the big box at someones front door. Disney escalated the problem up the chain 2 levels and are trying to work something out - they did ask for the address that was on the UPS confirmation email.

Funny thing with the emails, I got a 2nd delivery confirmation for a completely different person living in a city that is 20 miles away from me (most like someone else that purchased a pre-sell at the Expo)....so sad...

Last edited:

OMG!!!!!!

This is like a reacuiring nightmare for you!!!

It doesn't seem to matter if you are at home or at work, no one delivers where they should.

I hope you get them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vicki

That's terrible! I hope your dolls get to you safe and sound soon!

Thanks to all for your kind words and suggestions. Hopefully Disney can get everything resolved since it was their original mistake that started everything. I really can't do anything directly with UPS because the only thing on that package address label that was correct was my name.

I would press them HARD tomorrow and tell them they need to at least reserve the next five dolls (that is if you still want them without the first five) for you before they are released in case they can't recover your package.

I know right i was totally freaked out and actually screamed out loud lol

Ohh so what time are the UK getting the dolls??

Yes they put for some users ... i hask about to 10 people and 8 see that and 2 not see. All say to me they will go on sale at 9am on UK site. I hope in that. Really.

So what time will the dollls go on sale for me, I am in Mountian time?
The time on October 18 for the online sale of the remaining Designer Dolls in the US and Canada are:

9:00 AM Pacific Time
10:00 AM Mountain Time
11:00 AM Central Time
12 NOON Eastern Time

Here is a Time Zone Table for the release time for cities throughout North America, and for cities throughout the World.

Last edited:
I know right i was totally freaked out and actually screamed out loud lol

Ohh so what time are the UK getting the dolls??
The UK Disney Store site will have it online at 9:00 AM UK time (British Summer Time = UTC+1 = PDT+8) so that is 1:00 AM Pacific Time, or 4:00 AM Eastern Time in the US. Of course, since the UK site does NOT ship to the US or Canada, that does us in North America no good to try to order it from the UK prior to it being online in the US Disney Store site.

Here are different pages of a useful website to translate between different time zones around the world:

Current Time around the world, or Time Zone Converter, or Event Time Announcer.

Using the last webpage, I've made a custom webpage for the UK Disney Store Release Time for cities in Europe, and cities throughout the World.

Last edited:

Im still sooo freakn nervous lol im not goign to sleep till i get them i dont think lol

Oh the same lol I dream last night i am on a bus and buy with a ipad 3 dolls (3 Tianas -.- >_>).
All this history make me so crazy...i will not sleep too... So nervous. =(

I hope you get for first your
Jasmine,i know you love her

I wrote to disney store Uk and yes Rose looks like your friends were right here is the reply

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your reply.

I can confirm that on October 18th, the remaining 5 Disney Princess Designer Dolls will all be available for purchase at disneystore.co.uk. At 9am or shortly thereafter, all 5 of the remaining dolls will be available for purchase. Guests may purchase all 5 dolls but will be limited to just one of each doll.

Should you have any further enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kindest regards,

Ashley
My Favourite Disney Character is: Simba

Status
Not open for further replies.