• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLL Release Discussion v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLL Release Discussion v2.0
Wow, that is so unfair. I placed my order at 12:22 AM (PDT), thanks to karkura's link, like you. I got my shipping notice two days latter, on Wednesday. I thought that everyone that placed an order before 12:30 AM would get the doll, but it seems not the case. The Disney Stores ordering and shipping practices for high demand items is all messed up. I sure hope they spend their full effort into trying to fix the problems in time for the Oct 18th online release.

WOW Dr your snow white is just amazing
Thanks, I think so too!

Thanks, she's the fairest of them all.

I was nervous about fixing her hair too, but eventually I got the stray hairs under control. I like Snow White the best of all the Designer Dolls too. I'm going to free her from her restraints over this weekend, and post some more photos. I've already done so with Belle, so I think I'll be okay with Snow.

You have a very nice, symmetrical number for your Snow White, at 0330. The lowest numbered doll I have is one of my Belles, at #1489. The full list of my dolls' serial numbers is as follows:

Cinderella: #1999 of 8000
Ariel: #3114 of 8000
Belle: #1489 & #6011 of 8000
Mulan: #4710 of 6000
Snow White: #3997 & #3998 of 6000

I am sorry, how is this a lawsuit? You have offered up money in return of goods. Disney therefore accepts your money and will send you the doll. If Disney decides to cancel your order for whatever reason, they legally can as long as they refund your money. You have not lost anything. You are left whole. Just as you were before the contract for purchase.

Bad customer service and confused agents does not make a lawsuit.

Last edited:
I'm sorry Moondance...I would be so upset. :cry:

On a side note, mine did arrive today. I snipped out her hairnet. #1570.

I think im lucky to have gotten any of them all my numbers are really really high lol
Belle # 7635/8000
Cinderella # 7978/8000
Snow White # 5841/6000 ROFL
Ariels number i dont know yet

OMG i just heard that the uk will only be getting 5% of the dolls to sell i really hope thats not true

Im sorry but these people that are selling there dolls because they are scared they will not get the rest is just strange I may not get all but i love the ones i have and will be keepign them for a very long time not sellign them because i just have to have the whole set So that brings me to a question wo0uld you keep your dolls if you miss out??

I never wanted the entire set to begin with, so yes! I really was only after three of them. If I don't get the third one I want, I'd still keep the other two.

Well i do want the set but only becasue i really do love them all but if i dont get them all im not goign to sell the ones i have been fortunite enough to get

Yeah, I agree with you. Even if I was after the entire set, and I missed some, I'd keep the ones I got. Who knows, later on down the line you could come across the ones you were missing. I guess some people have the have the *entire* set or they're not satisfied. But I don't really understand that. I'd be happy with what I did get. Disappointed if I missed the ones I wanted? Sure, but not enough to get rid of the others.

Well yes thats the thing the dolls first and formost are lovely so why not just be happy with some of them?? Yep i dont understand it either lol

I think im lucky to have gotten any of them all my numbers are really really high lol
Belle # 7635/8000
Cinderella # 7978/8000
Snow White # 5841/6000 ROFL
Ariels number i dont know yet

OMG i just heard that the uk will only be getting 5% of the dolls to sell i really hope thats not true

Wow, your Cinderella has a serial number only 22 from the maximum of 8000! That would be equivalent of getting #0023, from the low side. And your mention of the UK getting only 5% of the dolls produced corresponds to 200 of 4000, 300 of 6000 and 400 of 8000. If the UK were getting only the high numbers, then that would correspond to #3801 to #4000, #5701 to #6000, and #7601 to #8000 for the different sized editions. This is consistent with what your actual numbers are, so from the evidence so far, I'd say that your information is correct. Do you think getting #8000 is as cool as getting #1?

HAHA yeah i guess your right i just thought i was very lucky getting her
Awwww i guess it would to but that to me just doesnt sound like many at all
OH yes number 8000 would be awesome hehe but still number 1 would be better

If you think that Disney's practices are merely "bad customer" service than I guess you haven't experienced the worst of what Disney is capable of. And I personally don't think lying to your customers about the status of their order only to tell them after nearly 2 weeks and an item selling out that they won't be getting an item despite having ordered before others who did, is just bad customer service. I believe in holding people and businesses accountable for their actions. Disney is not going to change their poor business practices just because a handful of people complain. A class action lawsuit isn't about money, nor is it about one bad experience it's about holding businesses accountable for ongoing practices of fraudulent and unethical behavior.

It's been agreed upon by most people in this forum that line cutting is cheating and unfair to those people that did wait patiently, so how is what Disney doing any differently. They are processing orders at random instead of when the order was placed, which by all standards is the most fair and ethical way of doing so. And withholding people's refunds when they clearly cannot fill their order is considered fraud and that is a crime. Selling defective merchandise just to make a buck, is unethical and those are things that Disney should be held accountable for, but that's just my opinion. I believe if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Is a class action the way to go, I don't know. Is a total ban on Disney merchandise a better idea, possibly, but unfortunately that will never happen. People will complain and threaten to stop buying from Disney, but the truth is that most people can't seem to stop. People want that pin or this doll too much to stand up to Disney and say enough.

OK, any word on how they are going to handle this online? I am thinking of going to the store on the 17th but if I don't get it, stay up to try to get them online. Is anyone going to buy each doll individually and check out with separate order #s? How much is shipping for the doll? Can you get the Disney Visa 10% off? Free shipping over $75?

Well, I finally receive my refund thru PayPal. It only took Disney 10 days to do it. I was never in doubt that they WOULD do it, but it is still not right to hold someone's money that long [for a cancelled order].

I'm very much on the fence about this topic, because I originally wanted about 4-5 of the series only, of which 3 have been released so far. I changed gears to attempt trying to get a complete set, so if that does not happen, I will be disappointed. That said, I don't know if I would try to trade/sell the two I'm not so bonkers about to obtain the two that I really do want from the remaining five. At this point, I am not inclined to, but it's a toughie. Worst case scenario, of course, there's always eBay to fillin the gaps, but that is an absolute last resort because of the wonky prices for which the dolls currently are selling. Sure, a few years down the line, these dolls will probably lose some of their "must have" status and the prices may lower to a more moderate level, but we'll have to see what happens. I have a ton of other dolls (both Disney and others) that are lingering in storage, so at some point, I will have to take stock and prioritize what I really want to keep. Designer Snow White is definitely a keeper for me.

Oh, and to round out my doll edition numbers so far:
Cinderella: #3834
Ariel: #1473
Belle: #2967
Mulan: #3586
Snow White: #0330 (I am most happy with this, because I love the number 3 and it is a good symmetrical number on the CoA.)

Last edited:

I agree that there are issues with Disney and their customer service. But there is no lawsuit here. This is purely a contracts case. Did you get what you paid for? If not, did you get your money back? If you got your money back you are done.

Disney is not forcing you to buy their products. You do it of your own free will. If you don't like it then don't buy.

If you hire a gardener to mow your lawn and you pay him before the job begins. Then he decides he does not have time for you because he has just received a bigger job. If he gives you your money back, you can't sue him. Even though he accepted your job first and it is unethical behavior. But if he keeps your money then you can.

We all have horrible experiences at many businesses but you can't sue for that. I should sue the car dealership for lying to me about my contract. But I can't because I signed it and accepted the terms. They could tell me that angels will fly out of the tail pipe! But if it is not in the contract then too bad.

I am not against you here. I agree there are some major problems with how everything is being run. It is simply not a lawsuit. Disney is not stupid. They have had plenty of experiences with legal issues. This is not one. You are not injured and you are not out any money. There are no "damages."

Last edited:
A lawsuit makes rich lawyers even richer. They are the ones who always win.

On the 18th, only 2 dolls for me, if I'm lucky enough. However, I'm not counting on it!

Snow White #330 Good For you Shiva i love the number 7... i love if the punzy doll i will have (hope and hope .. :angel has a 7 in her number

Do not yell at me but I resorted to getting a Mulan on ebay. It was a reasonable price though. I think it was 115. I still told my self I would not pay over a certain price so I did have my limits. She is number 1557.

Here are my Girls from the Disney Princess Designer Dolls.

Snow White 4227
Mulan 1557

Hoping to Pocahontas and Jasmine on the 17th or 18th.

Last edited:
I think when I first looked at the collection I wanted 7 of them. Then my sweet DH said, "you might as well just get them all then..."

So I guess I am hoping to get the remaining five.

My doll #s are:
Cinderella 5092
Ariel- 6372
Belle- 7319
Mulan- 2979
SW- 1570

What I find sort of funny is that they don't ship them in any sort of sequential numbers to the stores that I could tell; my mom and I bought Ariel, Belle and Mulan at the same time at our DS, and her numbers were quite different than mine. I think her Cinderella was in the 5000s, but the others were all totally different. But our SWs, which i ordered online, were sequential- she got 1569.

Gee, you have a lot of questions in such a small post! LOL. I will attempt to answer your questions:

1. I intend to buy all 5 dolls in the same order, providing of course that all 5 are available at the same time.
2. Standard shipping charge is $9.50 if you are just going to buy 1 doll per order.
3. Limited edition dolls are excluded from the Disney Visa 10% off deal.
4. Free Shipping for orders over $75 was scheduled to end today, September 30, but has been extended to November 24, 2011!

Good luck in your pursuit of the remaining 5 dolls!

OK, any word on how they are going to handle this online? <snip>
All we have officially from Disney so far on the online release is what was announced on the Disney Store Blog last Friday, September 23, and posted at the beginning of this thread. There was also an email sent out the following day, and the Disney Store website was updated, with the same announcement with slightly different wording.

As for the rumor/speculation about the release being staggered on Oct 18th for the 5 remaining dolls, here is a post from the Disney Store Facebook page:

Status
Not open for further replies.