• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney shopping.com St. Patrick's Day green Si & Am AP? Legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney shopping.com St. Patrick's Day green Si & Am AP? Legit?

Arendelle

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
So I'm verifying my collection and organizing it in preparation for trading and selling and I came across pin 52787 which I have had for a very long time. It was then that I realized that mine was not black but gold. There is a listing for a gold artist proof number 67087, but it says that it will be back stamped with an "AP" which I do not see. What I'm not sure about is either if the listing is wrong, or if maybe I have a preproduction that isn't stamped, or maybe I just have a fake pin from a trade like 6 years ago. I'm going to attach a copy of the back of the pin here for y'alls comments and feedback, let me know what you think.
e4vxsxETko3EMJF7A

I can't seem to figure out how to attach the pic, I can't login to photo bucket on the laptop, on on my phone, and I can't seem to get the link or whatever. And Google seems to only give a url. So, I think I just have to leave this alone for a bit. I'll try again later.

Last edited:
According to the PinPics listing, it's supposed to have a gold back (I bolded the description where it says gold finished). So, I guess my question is, what is the issue? I see the PinPics picture makes it look like it's outlined in black instead of gold but maybe that's just the angle of the picture? Or is that the concept art?

Description:
Green Si & Am put two tails together on this cloverful gold-finished character pin, one in a series of St. Patrick's Day delights. Enamel cloisonné. Imported. The two villain cats from the film, Lady and the Tramp, are twisting their tails together to form a shamrock. They are facing forward, looking at each other. SIZE: approx. 1 5/8" W x 2" H (4.1cm x 5.1cm). Back of pin: 2 pin posts and Official Pin Trading 2007 logo Limited Edition 250 © Disney China Pins in the series include: 52781, 52782, 52783, 52784, 52785, 52786, 52787 and 52788.

Thank you so much for your help! My bad! I was just working on so many pins, that I guess I looked at the two pictures the one being obviously gold and the other not so much. That definitely answers the question for me!

(Feeling a little silly)...

Just as a reminder, when photographing pins, the outlines often look black in the photograph. So it's always important to read the description (and why it's important to write good descriptions). Scanning pins often does weird things to the colors too. Which is why some Ebay pictures look so awful, but are probably actually good pins (I've gotten a few good deals that way).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back