• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DisneyShopping.com Ariel Gold Star

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyShopping.com Ariel Gold Star

Aquata

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
So I bought this pin off the bay ... and it looks pretty darn good but ... upon getting it I notice one SMALL detail that's off. The white in her eyes and smile is missing and it's just the gold metal. Here is the picture of the actual pin...

arielpicture.jpg

Here is the picture of the pin on the auction....
arielauction.jpg

And here is the picture from PinPics

arielpinpics.jpg

I've heard this pin has been counterfeited so I had to check. Any help ASAP would be great as I have a small window of time to return it. Should I? Even if no one can confirm, what do you think? It's definitely not the pin that was shown in the auction photo due to the white paint missing on her eyes and teeth. Thank you guys for any help/opinions! :D

These DS Stars have been hit hard by the Scrappers. Does the back say Disney or Disney/Amblin?? On most of the fakes it will say Disney/Amblin which is the correct back stamp for Jessica but shouldn't be on the others.

These DS Stars have been hit hard by the Scrappers. Does the back say Disney or Disney/Amblin?? On most of the fakes it will say Disney/Amblin which is the correct back stamp for Jessica but shouldn't be on the others.

Nope! It says the standard "Disney Pin Trading 2007" logo so that's right. I think Shooting4OwnHand (Lisa) is right, It MAY be damaged. Either way I only paid $12 for it. I guess I'll keep it but I'm not leaving any feedback since I don't want to leave neutral/negative as it just causes drama. The pin I got is clearly not what was pictured... :\

There's another on eBay as part of the "Gold Star Series" set - Ariel's tail top looks completely different in that one, but the eyes and mouth look like they're suppose to...The color of Ariel's tail (and Flounders fins) on your pin looks too blue also...Ariel's fingers also look messed up on your pin...wouldn't hurt to contact the seller about your pin looking different than the photo in the listing...maybe they will swap for the one in the photo???

Last edited:
I always try to check the fine details, like fingers (Steve pointed out), eyes, lashes etc.

In this case, I also happened to look at the water lines around Ariel & Flounder.

My old eyes might be deceiving me, but I believe your actual pin is missing the 2 very tiny lines between Ariel & Flounder.

See the part where I marked with the red circle:

ariel1_zps47db042b.jpg

Also, Flounder's back fins seem to be less detailed in the pin in your hand.

I second Steve in encouraging you to contact the seller. Best of luck :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back