• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DisneyStore.com, worth the trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyStore.com, worth the trouble?

charlesu

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I placed a large order the day the pin sale started. However, like many others mentioned on the sale thread I had trouble with the site and ended up having to call to check out. And, despite being told on the phone that I had gotten all of my order, several key items (including the carriage set) were not shipped.

I've put up with very poor performance from disneyshopping.com and now disneystore.com over the years. I am pretty much out of patience for them and sent them some pretty direct feedback today.

What do you think? Is it worth the trouble to continue trying to work with them?

I didn't realize people were having problems with them. What I worry about is if you see a pin for sale on one of these sites and you don't buy it, will you have trouble getting it elsewhere? For example, a low LE that you know will be popular gets released through one of these outlets exclusively--do you buy it right away or take a chance getting through a trade or the secondary market?

Yes, I have had issues with the performance of the website going for several years. It seems better in the last year or so but still not very good if you compare to most shopping websites. Disney seems to do so many other things SO well but really seems to struggle badly with this. A couple of other folks commented in the Sale thread about problems trying to order sale pins earlier this week or even last week and having issues.

Waiting for secondary market is an option. Things will always show up on ebay. Or possibly for trade. So there are options as you mention.

Last edited:
I guess it comes down to if you really want the Disney Store pins. Personally, there usually isn't anything I want. Every now and then they'll come out with something I like, but usually I buy traders from them. Sales are always crazy, and I'm not sure anything can be done to remedy the issues that go along with a sale. I work at a company that sells swim supplies online. Since I'm in the warehouse I hear about the problems with orders coming in. There are "human errors", meaning that people who pick the orders may take longer to pick some orders or mistakenly pick the wrong thing. There's a lot that can go wrong with an order, but I think Disney is trying to minimize that. When you're dealing with LE's of 300 and bellow and everyone wants them at the same time (during a sale or when they first come out on Sunday nights) there's going to be issues. Like you said there are options, but it depends on how much you want the pin(s). To me, trading for it is a better bet than trying to buy it on the secondary market (where the price will probably be twice the original).

I've also noticed a difference of how fast they ship your order out, depending on how you pay. For whatever reason, Paypal takes longer to go through and has delayed my orders. But when I pay using my debit/credit card, everything goes through right away and my package (like the one from this most recent sale, where I received my "we just shipped your package" email the next day) is on its way.

It's funny (in response to an above post), I paid with paypal this time for the first time at disneyshopping (previously used my debit card), and this was the fastest BY FAR I have ever received my order AND it was actually all there AND nothing was damaged. After my last experience, I swore off ever buying from them again, but honestly, I think the quality of their pins is typically so superior to anything being released in the parks, that I find myself continuing to go back. I tend to get my most wanted pins by trading ds.com pins so I guess I'll continue to give them another shot, especially after this experience for me was the best so far. I will say my order was completed by 6:30am CST so I wonder if ordering that early helped??

To be fair, Disney Shopping has gone downhill ever since the new web re-design back in October 2010. I've had more glitches, delays, slow responses, and out right crashes during that time than I had the prior 4 years combined. I suspect with Steve Jobs now on the Disney board the web site was "optomized" or "redesigned" for non-PC access - ie IPad/IPhone.

Combine that with the marked decrease in quality and quantity of pins being released, and the extreme mark up of current pins... Well, lets just say I got a get well card from them wondering if I had been sick as "I'd not been ordering..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back