• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLR DLR Trip - 5/27&5/28

DLR DLR Trip - 5/27&5/28

ItzaPinfan

Noob
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Headed to the park later this week. To say I’m excited is an understatement. It’s been over a year, my last trip was the sweethearts even last year just before the pandemic hit.

That said, I have no idea what’s going on I’ve been recovering from surgery and work has been so crazy I haven’t had a chance to keep up.

I have my tickets, reservation to enter and all my food reservations. I think capacity is set for 25%? Not sure had a few questions hope the forum could answer.

What’s the state of pin trading? Do cast trade hidden Disney pins at all?

Is there any trading my westward ho? Should I bother bringing my pins?

What’s the AP situation?

Any tips to consider?

Thanks everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't been back to the park yet (reservations coming up soon though!) - but my understanding during the time before the parks were open, when it was just DTD is that security wasn't allowing guest-to-guest pin trading. I'm guessing that since CA/DL is still under enforced social distancing that it would still not be allowed.

While WDW started doing pin boards immediately, I've heard that none are out yet at DL and no CM's are wearing lanyards. (If that has changed though, hope someone posts about it!)

I don't think Westward Ho has reopened yet but heard a rumor it could soon.

Capacity reportedly bumped up from 25% to 35% this week when the OC reached the yellow tier, so expect longer lines and still no FastPass/MaxPass.

Re: AP's - DL has announced that a replacement 'loyalty'/membership program will be coming before the end of the year but no details yet.

When I go in a few weeks, I plan to bring a lanyard with a handful of traders on it just in case the pin boards miraculously return. But based on DL aligning with CA's June 15th dates to loosen restrictions (temperature checks, masks and social distancing are all staying until then), I wouldn't anticipate it would happen before then.

Also - you said you have dining reservations (lucky!), but if you plan to get any quick service, be aware that mobile order time slots can fill up hours in advance and take up to an hour for pick up once you signal you have arrived. So scheduled those accordingly. Also, snack choices are apparently very limited at carts right now.

Yay! Hope you're feeling better.

Same info as mentioned by Jabberwocky, I havent gone into the park still waiting for the new program? But it doesnt sound like itll be anything like an AP program we were use to.

Haven't seen any trading at DTD, and doubt itll be available till after 6/15th at the earliest? But it can always change

Heard lockers aren't available and hours are extended, be prepared to carry everything since it's a long walk back to the car. I'm thinking wearing/carrying a lanyard around might be extra work, but try it on the 2nd day maybe? Heard its crowded early morning, and to book Rise as soon as possible at 7am, theres a 2nd window, I think its 1pm.

Hope this helps, have a great time!

Headed to the park later this week. To say I’m excited is an understatement. It’s been over a year, my last trip was the sweethearts even last year just before the pandemic hit.

That said, I have no idea what’s going on I’ve been recovering from surgery and work has been so crazy I haven’t had a chance to keep up.

I have my tickets, reservation to enter and all my food reservations. I think capacity is set for 25%? Not sure had a few questions hope the forum could answer.

What’s the state of pin trading? Do cast trade hidden Disney pins at all?

Is there any trading my westward ho? Should I bother bringing my pins?

What’s the AP situation?

Any tips to consider?

Thanks everyone.

I wouldn’t bring your pins, cm pin trading is cancelled for the foreseeable future.(my best friend works there)

Mobile order is the preferred way to pay.

When I went racers had a 95 minute wait so lines aren’t always short.

They are very strict on not walking and eating and also wearing your mask correctly.

Not sure if it's been mentioned earlier, regarding the AP discounts, at DLR you need the digital code attached to your Disneyland account. CMs will not accept showing your card anymore. For those that don't have a smartphone there's suppose to be a card available.

Back