• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLRP PTN pins with out numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLRP PTN pins with out numbers

bretu

Bret and Kelli
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A seller from China is selling ( Pin Trading Night Mad Hatter , Prince John, Russell, and Pascal ). All with out a number on the back. Any info would be appreciated.

Beware of those EBAY sellers, most of the pins are FAKE including PTN and they have DLRP pins but also DLR, WDW, DSSH etc....

if you buy a ptn pin(s from a sellers who is from china or hong kong, the ptn are to be fake or ptn which are " preview test " . a true dlp le pin's . Ptn and others , must possess a number written on the back and a logical one. be careful, some are written " 524 /400 " for example.

Hi, in an italian FB group we covered the issue already, and we came to the conclusion that they are scrappers/produced in same facility, so the only to ascertain the originality is to check for the number on the back to be there and to be legit.
Scrappers exist of the following, as far as we know: nana, sully, lotso, pascal, russel, mad hatter, cinderella jumbo, the last cars one, lady marion, timothy mouse.

there was also a pascal ptn , sold on ebay. I hope the buyer knew that he didn't buy a true one.

What bothers me more than the Hong Kong sellers themselves, is the idea that there are people who may buy from these sellers and then re-sell or trade the pins later, having no clue that they are fakes. Makes it scary to buy/trade with ANYONE after finding out these things. Unless you know for certain where the person got the pins from. Sigh. I really wanted one of the PTNs someday, too.

It 'simple , when you buy or trade ask for picture of the back of the pin's . You will see if it's a good one or no

Thanks for all the great info. I assumed they must be scrappers. I hate counterfeits and scrappers, Have lots of Paris PTN pins I have collected over the years and this devalues my collection.

They aren't "fake." They are scrappers. Get informed. Scrappers are real Disney commissioned pins, authorized for production. Scrappers are not the ones actually sent to Disney for resale. They are often of lower quality, or they just make extras. Someone found out the factories in China have it included in their contracts that they can sell off the excess. Paris pins are just special because they are actually numbered by French law. All the pins in the US have many scrappers floating around that are completely indistinguishable from pins purchased at the store.

starry_solo, do you mean this thread?
http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?50636-Imagination-Gala-Every-Tear-Set

I've been following that one, but I didn't see anything about the contract with the factories actually allowing the sale of excess. I guess I'm just skeptical that a corporation like Disney would willingly give up any control over their product and agree to something that would cut into their profits -- especially since some of the overruns seem to be made intentionally (that is, in vast quantities).

for the billionth time (thank you, Mark) scrappers are still CRAP, doesn't matter how "good" they look. they are, by definition, substandard and don't belong in the general pin community (only in collections of people who know what they are and don't care).

folks with unnumbered Paris pins like to say that they are "artist proofs." hahaha
:nono:

Icebaay & Dizzymania88 are 2 sellers from China that are known to sell fakes & DLRP pin trading pins & also pins without numbers on back.
I reported both after receiving fakes. BEWARE!

starry_solo, do you mean this thread?
http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?50636-Imagination-Gala-Every-Tear-Set

I've been following that one, but I didn't see anything about the contract with the factories actually allowing the sale of excess. I guess I'm just skeptical that a corporation like Disney would willingly give up any control over their product and agree to something that would cut into their profits -- especially since some of the overruns seem to be made intentionally (that is, in vast quantities).
You honestly think Disney cares about the extra $200 per design someone in China is making off extras of their merchandise? If I were them I'd be more worried about the counterfeiters who are stealing their artwork and making unauthorized terrible quality copies. Most companies that do business with China know their stuff will be faked or the manufacturer will make unauthorized quantities for their own personal resale. But the benefit of the cheap labor is greater than the loss of those few extras.

Icebaay & Dizzymania88 are 2 sellers from China that are known to sell fakes & DLRP pin trading pins & also pins without numbers on back.
I reported both after receiving fakes. BEWARE!

Yes and i know also someone who get a fake DSF Ariel jumbo from those sellers!

Perhaps unauthentic or illegitimate is a better word than "fake", but it's still the same issue to me as counterfeits - if it's not properly licensed, it's a bad pin.

I know overruns and scrappers don't hurt Disney financially in the least, but I still highly doubt they would allow them to be sold legally. I would need to see it in writing from someone who has power and works there. Even if it was true, the bad pins are still very much less collectable/worthless to me, as I only desire the ones Disney had made to sell themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back