• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DLRP Tangled Rapunzel Pin Mix-Up??

Status
Not open for further replies.
DLRP Tangled Rapunzel Pin Mix-Up??

DumboLover21

Active DPF Member
Rating - 98.8%
160   2   1
So, I got these two lovely pins from 2 different traders. I noticed and even my husband does if you carefully take a look at Rapunzel's eyes they are facing different directions also take a look at her hand in the front (the fingers) look different. Here are the pictures of the two pins. Their both stamped with the same logo and year.

Is this a possiable Scrapper? Counterfit? Fake?
:(

((I took two pictures, 1 with the flash and one w/o the flash))

CentralContraCosta-20110925-00333.jpg

CentralContraCosta-20110925-00330.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Marcia

Looking at my Tangled pin, it comes on a cardboard backing card which has the website address at the bottom. Rapunzel's eyes are looking up to her left.

Looking through all my DLP pins, the newer open edition pins are all on cardboard backing cards and have the website address on the bottom.

Hope this helps somewhat!

Last edited:
The website has been on the Paris rack pin cards for a while.

I've picked up a couple of the Rapunzel for friends and all looked like the pin with the backer card with the website on it. I've checked the two pins I haven't sent out yet and all are a match for the website backing card.

I have not seen this pin with a LE backer card yet, and I have picked up a fair number of these. Bought in early March, late March and early July.

Was the plastic still around it? Almost looks to me like someone did stick the rack pin on the card of the LE pin. Doesn't explain the eyes of course.

Last edited:
To answer every1's question the pins are both the same weight, feeling, colors and same backing. I dont know if someone just opened it and put it on a different backing card. Constance-the color of her crown are the same and theres no diffference in the colors or fading. It just the eyes that are different and they are both OP pins. Also they are in the orginal wrappings that they came in. I also looked at the back of the pins and there was no AP or PP either.....thanks for trying to help me out. I like them either way and their both being displayed on top of my shadow box.

For some reason this happens with some DLRP pins. Jessica and I got a beautiful Ariel in her white wedding dress [pinpics]12502[/pinpics] and her eyes are weeeeeeird! I have seen several different versions of her now; her eyes ended up all over the place, and none of them correct. And check out a jumbo i just got [pinpics]70511[/pinpics]; Nani looks like she has had around 30 cups too many of coffee. I would say that your pins are fine; DLRP just has a very odd habit of letting their eyes look bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back