• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Does anyone have this pin so I may compare it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have this pin so I may compare it

Jrdnsmom

Active DPF Member
Rating - 98.9%
93   1   0
I bought it off Ebay but when it arrived I became concerned especially since he posted "Disney Auction pins have the hologram on the back" I know the earlier ones don't it wasn't till the scrappers started showing up (not necessarily disney auction pin scrappers, just in general) so when it arrived I was concerned because I can't remember if this one had the hologram or not, plus the pin has a bunch of nicks, dings and scratches, and the whole back looks bowed im not sure if my eyes are playing games with me. Does anyone have pics of this pin or have this pin and can share pics of it, I appreciate all info anyone can share.

20130222185950.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20130222185933.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'll take better pics tomorrow outside, sorry they are blurry.

Pulling out my Marc Davis Briar Rose, I can confirm that there was no hologram on its back. I purchased the set directly from Disney Auction back in the day. The back stamp looks higher then my pin's back stamp, that is the box with the copyright is appears to be closer to the bottom post and not the top. I dont know if that is simple manufacturing differences or a real issue.

kajtdd

Hmmmm I noticed my posts don't line up either is that normal? I can't wait to see pics of yours, thanks for helping, my eyebrows are raised in question right now

Here is the picture of the one I bought from Disney years ago:

538103_10200761162895297_1147570578_n.jpg

The front is taken with a flash; the back is with no flash, low light setting.

Hope that helps.

kajtdd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back