• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Does Disneyland Carry Many Pin Bag Options? Or?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Disneyland Carry Many Pin Bag Options? Or?

PersinettePins

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So I really need a pin bag. Currently I have my pins on a large cork board which is ok for now, but not very conducive for taking to trading events.

My debate is, I'm saving to go to Disneyland and I am wondering if I should buy a bag there, or just get one off ebay?

I know the Disney ones are expensive, but are they better? How is the quality? (The large not the small ones).
Do they have many theme options aside from the traditional black with the trading logo?
Do they have the side satchels that cast members sometimes wear for sale too?

If not an official Disney one, any suggestions? There don't seem to be many options online that I've found. There is a seller on ebay who offers a black bag that you can get any image printed on it you want (They have many many listings so are easy to find). Does anyone use these bags? Do they like them? How is the quality? Pros/cons?

Also, what are members opinions on the 3-Ring binders with trading card plastic sheets used to hold LE pins/pins with card backs? I saw this done and am considering this too. Just trying to decide the best method for safe display/carrying of my pins.

Thanks everyone!

Disneyland just had the basic versions the last time we were there. A boring large pin bag, a 3 ring binder and a couple different versions of smaller pin bags. I would look on the bay for one.

Good luck.

It has been awhile since I was last at Disneyland. But I can suggest a few alternatives for pin trading bags.

#1) Hard Rock Café - they also have a large pin trading group and offer pin bags for sale. At last check they were equally expensive at $45 for a large bag. On the positive side, some of those bags still featured the fabric pages instead of the neoprene style that has been in vogue for the past few years. https://rockshop.hardrock.com/PinsCollectibles/Pin%20Accessories/

#2) Olympic Pin trading bags - prices and styles can vary a lot. They range from a generic fabric page, to a 3 ring style binder, to a mini phone book size. Quality is equally all over the board depending on the manufacturer and style

#3) Pin Collectable supplies (example: http://ihobb.mivamerchant.net/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=iHobb&Category_Code=PINS http://www.safepub.com/sections/pin-collecting-display ). They also come in books / binders / display boxes / drawers. While primarily intended for Military / Mason style pins, they work just fine for Uncle Walt's treasures too.

Hope this helps offer some alternatives when Disney is low on supply or between designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back