• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway #5
"In Search of the Castaways" was a good one! Typical type of those 1960s live-action films, if you like them. Not quite as high on my list as "The Moon-Spinners", but very good!

Do you mean there's a rumor that a Moana ride is coming into Epcot? That would be cool . . . maybe it would mean they will release some more Moana pins!
There's supposed to be a walk through Moana themed water experience somewhere in the new future world remodel I believe!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

There's supposed to be a walk through Moana themed water experience somewhere in the new future world remodel I believe!

Yep.

41da120c906e4790f816c251502cb17a.jpg

Journey of Water - Wikipedia

My idea would be based off the secret library in Sofia the First. The entrance would be from the Fantasyland side of a castle kind of like how the castle walkthroughs are. But you'd go underground to a queuing area that introduces the world of Sofia the First. You board the boat which sails past the magical princess area as seen in the show. Then you arrive at the entrance to the secret library where you see Sofia open the door for you. Your trackless ride vehicle detaches from the boat to go through the opened door into the library where it goes onto the Enchanted Elevator. A random story is read as your elevator is lifted to the top of the secret library. As you exit the secret library from the top of the tree, you see see Sofia who is riding Minimus say "let's give this story a happy ending" while you enter into a simulation room similar to the escape pods in Rise of the Resistance. Here, you watch Sofia give the story a happy ending with some minor ride movements (must be safe with no height requirement) before the vehicle goes to the exit where Sofia thanks you for helping her. Due to the randomization, you can visit Avalor, the Mystic Isles, etc. which makes the ride worth doing multiple times.

My idea would be based off the secret library in Sofia the First. The entrance would be from the Fantasyland side of a castle kind of like how the castle walkthroughs are. But you'd go underground to a queuing area that introduces the world of Sofia the First. You board the boat which sails past the magical princess area as seen in the show. Then you arrive at the entrance to the secret library where you see Sofia open the door for you. Your trackless ride vehicle detaches from the boat to go through the opened door into the library where it goes onto the Enchanted Elevator. A random story is read as your elevator is lifted to the top of the secret library. As you exit the secret library from the top of the tree, you see see Sofia who is riding Minimus say "let's give this story a happy ending" while you enter into a simulation room similar to the escape pods in Rise of the Resistance. Here, you watch Sofia give the story a happy ending with some minor ride movements (must be safe with no height requirement) before the vehicle goes to the exit where Sofia thanks you for helping her. Due to the randomization, you can visit Avalor, the Mystic Isles, etc. which makes the ride worth doing multiple times.
Ooh Sofia the First! That's a really unique theme, y'all are creative!

I'd love to see something along the lines of Universal's Hogwarts or Escape Gringotts ride - 3D dark ride. Maybe flying through different castles/lands - could explore several different films/characters/themes.

(I'm not playing for prize - I just wanted to participate)

I'm also not playing for a prize, but would like to suggest a ride where guests could enter a virtual reality and meet and interact virtually with their favorite Disney character for a few minutes. For example, I would like to meet Mary Poppins (the original) and her parrot umbrella. I'd take along @Purplemandms because Emily is also Practically Perfect in Every Way :)

2nd to last day to enter y'all! Get your ride ideas in while you still can!

So, I may have overthought this one a bit, but it's given me a lot of details to think about on a couple of sleepless nights this week, in between cleaning out and cleaning up the rent house we moved out of... which is why I'm only now able to get on the computer to type this "too long" post. :)

I went through all my Disney movies (digitally) and narrowed it down to three. Two of those are a couple of my favorite movies; the one I chose isn't even in my top ten, but after thinking through concepts for each one, I couldn't stop thinking about... Wreck It Ralph. I had really hoped to re-watch the movies this week to fine-tune a few details, but that didn't happen, so please bear with any unfortunate mislabels.

I imagine this would be in Epcot’s Future World or Magic Kingdom’s/Disneyland’s Tomorrowland.

Upon entering the queue of the "Arcade" players are shrunk down so that they may enter the "Central Hub". At this point each decides at what level they want to "play" - "Beginner/Intermediate" (trackless vehicle; no height requirement; good for all ages) or "Expert" (track vehicle; height requirement; more speed; more drops). Upon selection, they are directed to the appropriate vehicle and given 3D glasses. Though the vehicles differ (tracked/trackless), they will enter and play the games "together".

Each vehicle travels through its own "cable" to the first game... they look above the entrance and see the game name: "Fix It Felix, Jr.". As they enter the game, there are two Soarin' sized screens on either side. "E" vehicles are on a floor level track closest to the left screen, while the "B/I" vehicles seem to roam freely between the track and the right screen. To the right, they see the "player", looking intently to win the game. This player may change each time a vehicle enters, but will most likely be a familiar face. Let's say this time, it's Andy from Toy Story. To the left, Wreck It Ralph is doing his thing, destroying the condos, and sending 3D bricks flying all over the "E" vehicle. Each time a brick lands, the vehicles "invisible shield/cover" lights up in 3D, and begins to crack; they may also feel bits of debris hitting and scratching the sides, jostling the vehicle a bit. It is up to the "B/I" vehicle to use their onboard "guns" to destroy the bricks, before they destroy the "E" vehicle. As they pull the trigger, 3D hammers fly toward the bricks, and hopefully keep that shield from being too cracked up.

Both vehicles come to the end of the screen, and find themselves back in "cables" headed to "Hero’s Duty" (queue Vanellope laugh here). Upon entering, they first notice "Sid" from Toy Story as the "player", and then the cy-bugs start swarming toward them! "Quick!" Calhoun orders the "B/I" team to use their guns to shoot 3D lasers, and sends the "E" team to retrieve the "Hero's Medal". "B/I" vehicle spins and weaves to dodge and shoot cy-bugs, while the "E" team finds itself climbing a track of "cables" leading to the top of the cy-bugs' tower. Along the way, a cy-bug flies on top of the cracked cover/shield, placing one of its legs into the hole of the biggest crack, right in front of the rider's face!!! Thankfully, Calhoun has them covered and sends it flying with one shot. Once "E" vehicle reaches the top, it circles the tower a few times before crashing through a window, over the cy-bug pods, into the middle of the room - right on top of the "Hero's Medal". Immediately a gold light shines from the front of the vehicle - it's the medal, and the "B/I" vehicle partner got it too. Great teamwork! Calhoun orders the "B/I" team to head out the back of the game, "your partners will meet you there". "B/I" vehicle narrowly makes it to the flashing "Exit" sign. As they enter the darkness of the exit cable, Vanellope can be heard from somewhere in the distance, "Enjoy your duty!". The "E" vehicle spins slowly around the room of the tower, looking for a way out... but wait, the broken glass began awaking the cy-bugs! There's just one way out - straight DOWN! "E" vehicle drops down and directly into its cable.

The next game? Why, "Sugar Rush" of course! As vehicles enter they are sprayed with all kinds of 3D sprinkles and icing, and both vehicles' medals fly (as if flipped) on screen, entering them in the race. And the player? Let's say Boo from Monsters Inc.! The race begins and so do the hazards. As "B/I" vehicle weaves this way and that to dodge gumballs, and then bounces off of marshmallows, the "E" vehicle quickly makes it's way up the side of a candied hill, above the dangers; up and down over the hills, it's making excellent time. Suddenly, Wreck-It-Ralph can be heard yelling "NOOOOOO"! "E" vehicle tilts to allow riders to look down... a cherry bomb is headed right for "B/I"! Ralph throws himself between the bomb and "B/I" causing a sudden "split" of the vehicles:

As Ralph attempts to save "B/I" you just know its not going to go as planned. Let's start with "B/I". Ralph throws himself right into the vehicle, knocking it off course and through the hidden entry in the side of Mentos Mountain. "B/I" vehicle is now spinning (tea-cup-ish style) around the coca-cola pond, which is geyser-spewing foam and coke because the impact of the entry has triggered a falling of Mentos. Round and round the pond they go, with foam flying overhead, until from a distance Vanellope yells "EXIT NOW!" The vehicle heads for the back wall of the mountain, and they almost close their eyes in anticipation of the "splat" to come, but alas, it is another hidden access... and a SHORTCUT! As they exit the mountain, they're ahead of everyone else, and can see the Finish Line. "B/I" vehicle quickly makes its way around swinging Laffy-Taffy, and through exploding Pixie Sticks, to the finish! Congratulations "B/I" vehicle! They're showered with 3D candy and confetti, as the crowd goes wild. Boo is jumping up and down, all smiles from her big win, too! "B/I" vehicle makes its way through the celebration, to the final exit cable, back to the "Central Hub".

But what about the "E" vehicle?? Well, when Ralph jumped between the cherry bomb and "B/I", he tossed the bomb upward... right beside "E" vehicle. It explodes, jostling "E" vehicle off track, and sends them spiraling through an off-screen cable to... THE INTERNET! "E" vehicle rides its new track through a variety of websites, and ads, and 3D digital noise, taking in the sights. Suddenly, Shank pulls up beside them... "Vanellope said you got a bit off course; follow me". She pulls in front, and leads them down a winding track of rainbow unicorns, bunnies and pancakes, kitties and milkshakes, bitcoins, and more ads, until the glow fades away... the dark web! Here's where "E" vehicle gets a little "Rock n' Roller Coaster". After a torrent of corkscrews, loops, and twisting, there is finally light at the end of the tunnel. "E" vehicle emerges at the Central Hub just as "B/I" vehicle pulls in with their win.

Now each departs their vehicles, and exit through a glass tunnel. If they turn around, they might find that glass reveals the 3D effects to the vehicles... perhaps a brick or two, some sprinkles, and/or a few cy-bug parts, and steam from a well-used vehicle in a well-played game.

This is something I’d ride with ALL my family!!! “E” level with the teenager niece and nephew, and “B/I” level with my sister and parents.

Again, sorry for the long post, but I'm also sure I left out some of the middle-of-the-night details that just didn't stick. :)
Thanks for the fun game, and distraction from this week's work. :)

Last edited:
Before the time runs out, I want to jump in! Since Sis already did my number one attraction wish/idea (Baby Moana's In the Sea Aquarium) . . . her is my number two.

This would go in Animal Kingdom. A ride themed on UP and more of a faster-paced car ride where the cars are like you are riding on Kevin's back and Kevin is running and jumping through Paradise Falls. After the ride, I would see an exit where you could go see Kevin in person, and definitely a gift shop at the end! The queue would have to be Paradise Falls themed, and maybe even feature Carl's House and the "Spirit of Adventure"!

I would go on this with Sis - @bingandnelsonfan !

So, I may have overthought this one a bit, but it's given me a lot of details to think about on a couple of sleepless nights this week, in between cleaning out and cleaning up the rent house we moved out of... which is why I'm only now able to get on the computer to type this "too long" post. :)

I went through all my Disney movies (digitally) and narrowed it down to three. Two of those are a couple of my favorite movies; the one I chose isn't even in my top ten, but after thinking through concepts for each one, I couldn't stop thinking about... Wreck It Ralph. I had really hoped to re-watch the movies this week to fine-tune a few details, but that didn't happen, so please bear with any unfortunate mislabels.

I imagine this would be in Epcot’s Future World or Magic Kingdom’s/Disneyland’s Tomorrowland.

Upon entering the queue of the "Arcade" players are shrunk down so that they may enter the "Central Hub". At this point each decides at what level they want to "play" - "Beginner/Intermediate" (trackless vehicle; no height requirement; good for all ages) or "Expert" (track vehicle; height requirement; more speed; more drops). Upon selection, they are directed to the appropriate vehicle and given 3D glasses. Though the vehicles differ (tracked/trackless), they will enter and play the games "together".

Each vehicle travels through its own "cable" to the first game... they look above the entrance and see the game name: "Fix It Felix, Jr.". As they enter the game, there are two Soarin' sized screens on either side. "E" vehicles are on a floor level track closest to the left screen, while the "B/I" vehicles seem to roam freely between the track and the right screen. To the right, they see the "player", looking intently to win the game. This player may change each time a vehicle enters, but will most likely be a familiar face. Let's say this time, it's Andy from Toy Story. To the left, Wreck It Ralph is doing his thing, destroying the condos, and sending 3D bricks flying all over the "E" vehicle. Each time a brick lands, the vehicles "invisible shield/cover" lights up in 3D, and begins to crack; they may also feel bits of debris hitting and scratching the sides, jostling the vehicle a bit. It is up to the "B/I" vehicle to use their onboard "guns" to destroy the bricks, before they destroy the "E" vehicle. As they pull the trigger, 3D hammers fly toward the bricks, and hopefully keep that shield from being too cracked up.

Both vehicles come to the end of the screen, and find themselves back in "cables" headed to "Call of Duty" (queue Vanellope laugh here). Upon entering, they first notice "Skud" from Toy Story as the "player", and then the cy-bugs start swarming toward them! "Quick!" Calhoun orders the "B/I" team to use their guns to shoot 3D lasers, and sends the "E" team to retrieve the "Hero's Medal". "B/I" vehicle spins and weaves to dodge and shoot cy-bugs, while the "E" team finds itself climbing a track of "cables" leading to the top of the cy-bugs' tower. Along the way, a cy-bug flies on top of the cracked cover/shield, placing one of its legs into the hole of the biggest crack, right in front of the rider's face!!! Thankfully, Calhoun has them covered and sends it flying with one shot. Once "E" vehicle reaches the top, it circles the tower a few times before crashing through a window, over the cy-bug pods, into the middle of the room - right on top of the "Hero's Medal". Immediately a gold light shines from the front of the vehicle - it's the medal, and the "B/I" vehicle partner got it too. Great teamwork! Calhoun orders the "B/I" team to head out the back of the game, "your partners will meet you there". "B/I" vehicle narrowly makes it to the flashing "Exit" sign. As they enter the darkness of the exit cable, Vanellope can be heard from somewhere in the distance, "Enjoy your duty!". The "E" vehicle spins slowly around the room of the tower, looking for a way out... but wait, the broken glass began awaking the cy-bugs! There's just one way out - straight DOWN! "E" vehicle drops down and directly into its cable.

The next game? Why, "Sugar Rush" of course! As vehicles enter they are sprayed with all kinds of 3D sprinkles and icing, and both vehicles' medals fly (as if flipped) on screen, entering them in the race. And the player? Let's say Boo from Monsters Inc.! The race begins and so do the hazards. As "B/I" vehicle weaves this way and that to dodge gumballs, and then bounces off of marshmallows, the "E" vehicle quickly makes it's way up the side of a candied hill, above the dangers; up and down over the hills, it's making excellent time. Suddenly, Wreck-It-Ralph can be heard yelling "NOOOOOO"! "E" vehicle tilts to allow riders to look down... a cherry bomb is headed right for "B/I"! Ralph throws himself between the bomb and "B/I" causing a sudden "split" of the vehicles:

As Ralph attempts to save "B/I" you just know its not going to go as planned. Let's start with "B/I". Ralph throws himself right into the vehicle, knocking it off course and through the hidden entry in the side of Mentos Mountain. "B/I" vehicle is now spinning (tea-cup-ish style) around the coca-cola pond, which is geyser-spewing foam and coke because the impact of the entry has triggered a falling of Mentos. Round and round the pond they go, with foam flying overhead, until from a distance Vanellope yells "EXIT NOW!" The vehicle heads for the back wall of the mountain, and they almost close their eyes in anticipation of the "splat" to come, but alas, it is another hidden access... and a SHORTCUT! As they exit the mountain, they're ahead of everyone else, and can see the Finish Line. "B/I" vehicle quickly makes its way around swinging Laffy-Taffy, and through exploding Pixie Sticks, to the finish! Congratulations "B/I" vehicle! They're showered with 3D candy and confetti, as the crowd goes wild. Boo is jumping up and down, all smiles from her big win, too! "B/I" vehicle makes its way through the celebration, to the final exit cable, back to the "Central Hub".

But what about the "E" vehicle?? Well, when Ralph jumped between the cherry bomb and "B/I", he tossed the bomb upward... right beside "E" vehicle. It explodes, jostling "E" vehicle off track, and sends them spiraling through an off-screen cable to... THE INTERNET! "E" vehicle rides its new track through a variety of websites, and ads, and 3D digital noise, taking in the sights. Suddenly, Shank pulls up beside them... "Vanellope said you got a bit off course; follow me". She pulls in front, and leads them down a winding track of rainbow unicorns, bunnies and pancakes, kitties and milkshakes, bitcoins, and more ads, until the glow fades away... the dark web! Here's where "E" vehicle gets a little "Rock n' Roller Coaster". After a torrent of corkscrews, loops, and twisting, there is finally light at the end of the tunnel. "E" vehicle emerges at the Central Hub just as "B/I" vehicle pulls in with their win.

Now each departs their vehicles, and exit through a glass tunnel. If they turn around, they might find that glass reveals the 3D effects to the vehicles... perhaps a brick or two, some sprinkles, and/or a few cy-bug parts, and steam from a well-used vehicle in a well-played game.

This is something I’d ride with ALL my family!!! “E” level with the teenager niece and nephew, and “B/I” level with my sister and parents.

Again, sorry for the long post, but I'm also sure I left out some of the middle-of-the-night details that just didn't stick. :)
Thanks for the fun game, and distraction from this week's work. :)
Finally got the chance to read this, wow! Your creativity is blowing my mind.

PS: just about half an hour left!

And our winner is @Mcgilligan! (apologies for the enormous sized image). Please DM me your address and I'll get on shipping when I get home in about a week and a half. To everyone else, thank you so much for participating I had a blast listening to all your ideas!
20HrJbI.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back