• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DPF Email Notifications

DPF Email Notifications

stratasfan

No Longer Active
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Don't know who else has noticed this or if it is something that only I seem to be affected with . . . but I've not received any email notification from DPF for over two weeks now. Notifications for followed threads used to be slap-dash, but I always got notifications for PMs or PM replies. However, I'm not getting anything anymore. Wondering if this is only me or is it something that was updated on the site itself or something?

Just wanted to share and ask!
Elizabeth

do you have them enabled in your Settings > Account details?

1651871181934.png

if so, (and if others aren't getting anything) it might be something on the server side, or they might be getting blocked as spam?

Yep . . . both of those are checked! I checked that when they first started, as I thought it might have been a site update and reset my settings. But they weren't changed.

I know Sis and I had to deal with a similar issue on the website I help run, and it was something to do with the server. Took us a while to troubleshoot (like months) but when we figured out what it was it was fixed in an hour. I could ask her if she remembers what exactly it was.

Yep . . . both of those are checked! I checked that when they first started, as I thought it might have been a site update and reset my settings. But they weren't changed.

I know Sis and I had to deal with a similar issue on the website I help run, and it was something to do with the server. Took us a while to troubleshoot (like months) but when we figured out what it was it was fixed in an hour. I could ask her if she remembers what exactly it was.
if everything is checked, then it's almost certainly something server-side -- i'll take a look, but in the meantime, if you have any ideas or remember what it was for you guys, let me know :)

thanks!

The last email I got regarding notifications was May 4th so not sure if it's something on the server side...

When we had to deal with this on one of Sis' forums, there was the same odd thing of some accounts receiving notifications, some receiving none and some on long delays (anything from two hours to a week).

What ended up fixing it, as far as I can remember was to change the forum settings to use Cron. This is a screencap of the setting it took to fix the issue:
i.php

Hope that might help, and if I can remember anything else, I'll post here.
Also, we were able to stop the notifications from being flagged with a warning and/or sent to members' spam by removing the website logo from automatically being added to notifications. That might help DPF, too.

Just following up that it isn't working still. Actually, I just found I have a whole bunch of messages! So, I'll be answering tomorrow. However, it would be lovely to get emails again. I'm not getting them for threads, either, though.

I was worried about that. I messaged a few members trying to arrange some trades for Christmas in July, but haven’t heard anything.

I'm getting email notifications....
Mine stopped months ago. Not in my spam or anything. And I've checked and redone my settings. And I know others are having this, so something isn't working. We had this on one of the military forums, and if you go to Post #7, you'll see what it was after hours and months of work. Might not be the issue, but I know it was na instant thing for us and it was the same issue as this forum is having now. Some people getting them and some not.

Weird, I'm getting double emails. One from DPF, one from Tapatalk for the same notifications.....
Same here for DMs; but for mentions, it looks like I might only be getting them from tapatalk; for watched threads - nothing. At least I think that’s the pattern for me, I haven’t really been keeping tabs.

Now, for the past month or so, I'm hardly getting the red notification bubbles up top even. Actually, the last bunch of times I've been tagged, it just never appears up there or on the list. I only found out because Sis saw it and verbally told me.

What web browser are you using to access DPF?

I'm also not getting email notifications, occasionally I'll get an email notification from tapatalk, but not always getting those either. I used to get 2 emails (DPF & Tapatalk) for each PM. Nothing in Spam either. I have 3 new PMs now, but no emails about them. My settings have notifications on. For me it started happening in July

Back