• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

eBay Question: Buyer and Seller Protection Policies

Status
Not open for further replies.
eBay Question: Buyer and Seller Protection Policies

echan50

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Hello All,
I recently had to ask for a refund on eBay as the item sent was damaged and not noted in the item description. I started a claim and waited until my funds were returned (which took about 4 business days). During my wait I was sent a message to print a label and return the item however it wouldn't let me print the label until the funds had cleared the seller's account. The day the funds cleared the seller directly contacts my cell phone to let me know if I don't send the item back she will have eBay and PayPal retract the funds as she has been waiting for the item to return since I opened the claim. I went to try print the shipping label but then I get a message saying I can keep the item since the seller closed the case.

This is the first time I had to open a claim to get a refund and I only buy on eBay so I don't know what rights does the seller have here.

Am I suppose to return the item even if the seller and/or eBay agreed to let me keep the damaged item? If I am keeping the item and the returned funds is that considered theft? How did the seller get my personal contact information if eBay prohibits direct contact from seller to buyers?

Any insight from either a seller or buyer would help.

Thank you!

When the item is shipped they have your name and address. An internet search is easy to find your phone number. You might have put your cell number on a site and they could have found it there. Do a search on yourself and see what you can find. As far as the item I would send it back. It's not theft but what else are you going to do with it if it's damaged. Hope this helps

John

Last edited:
Ebay might let you keep it, damaged, but PayPal requires you to send it back.

http://pages.ebay.com/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

PayPal's buyer protection policy requires it to be sent back:
https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/popup/ua-ebay-outside

I am currently waiting on a damaged item claim through PayPal. I decided to do the claim through PayPal even though seller said would refund, because seller is belligerent so I am using the protection of the PayPal protection policy.

As far as the seller getting your phone number, either party to an ebay transaction can request the other party's information. Once that is done, ebay send both parties each other's information that is logged within ebay. If you put your cell phone number as the contact number, that's how it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back