• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

El Capitan Pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
El Capitan Pins

Club33

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello Everyone,

Thank you again for the warm welcoming, I'm truly happy to have found a great group of people that share a love for Disney like myself. Anyway, not to get too mushy and to get back on point.

I've seen the El Capitan Pins on ebay and eBay and in many people's signatures - I'm just curious of maybe a few people could chime in and tell me why the value is so high, what the story is behind them, such as their significance, as well as where you can get them when released?

Thanks,

Nick:wavey:

Those are the marquees, and they release them periodically at what used to be DSF, now GSF! Everyone likes them which makes the demand higher and the price go up! :)

:D:wat::wavey:

elcapitan.jpg

Pins in a series, low LE, continue to release, feature popular characters/genres, make pins desirable. They constantly bring in new collectors to the genre. Marquees, PTD's, paris PTN's, Beloved Tales, WDI Sorcerer Hats, etc all stay relevant, continue to add to the series.

Marquees are based in movies shown at the el Capitan. They have always had a premium over other DSF pins as they represent the soul purpose (pun intended) of DSF. Hollywood glitz and glamour in lights, the movies!! Then when marquees and the movie genre bang together, like say Tangled and Up, you have two very large collector groups going after a very limited number of pins. Those cross-genre blockbusters really create high demand and thus value.

The set had LE's as low as LE 150 to LE 500. Resell value is only what people are willing to pay (shills are the exception) but the price ranges shift like crazy from $20-$1500 it just depends on the movie and the buyers

You should come join all of us at the next big release - Frozen- on Friday, November 22nd and see what it's all about firsthand! They always have a set of pins along with the Marquee to celebrate the movie, which makes the long drive from San Diego to Hollywood worth it. And if I don't get any pins, I drown my sorrows at Disneyland on the way back down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back