• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

"Error" Pins: What is the general opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Error" Pins: What is the general opinion?

SkeleCountry

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
How do ya'll feel about them? If it was a pin that you've only seen come up for trade (or sell) once would you still collect it/trade for it/buy it? Do you have any "error" pins in your collections? Share your opinion on them & please share any photos you have too!

I think it really depends on the pin and the error. Does the error look like it's damaged, or just a manufacturer oopsie? If it was something I knew I needed and it rarely if ever comes available, I would probably get it no matter the error.

I do have one error pin in my collection that I deliberately got because of the error. I think they look really neat next to each other. :3

40132629_877449449309690_4502747239570997248_n.jpg

I think it really depends on the pin and the error. Does the error look like it's damaged, or just a manufacturer oopsie? If it was something I knew I needed and it rarely if ever comes available, I would probably get it no matter the error.

I do have one error pin in my collection that I deliberately got because of the error. I think they look really neat next to each other. :3

40132629_877449449309690_4502747239570997248_n.jpg

I couldn't agree more, also, I like how you have them side by side!

I have #37743 - WOD NYC - Carriage Ride from 2005 (Mickey and Minnie riding a horse drawn carriage through Central Park). Its a pin-on-pin but Mickey. Minnie and the carriage are put on upside down. I also have a correct version of the pin. Obviously a manufacturing error.

I don't like them. I still have one or two in my collection as placeholders until I eventually replace them with correct versions.

But some people collect them. I once traded an error version of a Cheshire pin to someone for their correct version because they wanted the error as they saw it as a rarity and I saw it as a mistake!

I think this is the only "Error" pin I ever knowingly collected. As it never got a reprint, it never remedied the punctuation. It still is an interesting pin; I'll attach a word(serenade, song, canción, etc) or even another pin it if I ever get it framed.

Pin 7906 WDW - Dapper Dan's (Error)

573bf652-e19f-430e-948c-dd2a0e1c6f14-original.jpg

As a general rule (and this is just my opinion), I don't like them. I much prefer having the version of the pin as it was intended in my collection. The only exception to that is an AP/PP/prototype and only if the pin is visibly different from the version that was sold (that is, I have to be able to look at the pin and see a difference beyond the backstamp).

However, I do appreciate that some people collect error pins and have happily helped more than a few of these pins find loving homes throughout the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back