• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Excited for Friday at DSF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excited for Friday at DSF!

Elysandrra

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I am so excited about going to Disney Soda Fountain for the very first time on Friday!!! I love the colorful, fun pins they have for sale for The Little Mermaid, and I really hope I can get all four of them. My favorites are Little Mermaid and Friends, and Sebastian. Is anyone else going down to this release? Do you have a good feeling about the one pin per person rule for this release? I sure do!!!

Chrissy

Chrissy,

We hope to see you there! We too are excited for this LM release! I for one like the one per person rule it gives members coming by themselves or in small numbers a better chance of obtaining the pins.

I'm happy that I can get my marquee and be pretty sure it's not all for nothing. I have yet to pull a good number in the 3 times I've gone now. I got lucky with a friend on the Pixar marquee day and then the monumental DSF screw up last time I ended up with a set thanks to the 1 per person change. Will be interesting to see if there is a surprise pin and the LE size of it. I'll be going early to avoid traffic, probably bring my pins to trade this time.

I was going to try and make it! Will there be people still camping overnight even though it is a wristband/lottery distribution? I just don't want to wait in the back of a 400 person line for a wristband and a chance because everyone decided to hang out for 12+ hours. :/

I agree about the one pin per person rule. I also like their voucher system because it eliminates having to camp overnight and it gives everyone a chance at getting the pins, not just the ones that can stay overnight for three days in a row =( I love Little Mermaid and these will be my second set (my first being the ones that came out with the DVD 100 years ago =] ) It will also be my first Little Mermaid marquee. I love the Ursula too. Okay, I love them all. I hope I get a set =)

I was going to try and make it! Will there be people still camping overnight even though it is a wristband/lottery distribution? I just don't want to wait in the back of a 400 person line for a wristband and a chance because everyone decided to hang out for 12+ hours. :/

The only people who wait overnight are those who take the bus or train and decide that it won't arrive early enough for them to get a spot in line. This is typically on the weekend releases where the bus and train don't run as early or often.

Most people will arrive an hour before go time. People who travel from further out, will be there between two and three hours early. The long lines for overnight camping have been eliminated.

Aww well I hope to see all of you! Just look for the girl with all the poofy, curly hair lol about 5 ft short!!! :) I think I'm going to have to be there super early because I am not a fan of stop and go traffic. Last month when I took my mom to Disneyland I made us leave the house at 4:30 to avoid any traffic! Haha- so we just went to Wal-Mart and ate at McDonald's until the parking garage opened. I'm thinking it's gonna be one of those mornings again... except I'll have McDonald's in San Diego on the go! And I'm bringing a camp chair!

I will be there as well. Hope to see you there. No need to camp out since they do the wristband/voucher method and everyone has the same chance weather you arrive hours before or minutes before. Plus with one set per person about 400 people will be getting the whole set and a 100 more people will at least get the marquee. I do recommend arriving early with this new method of selling pins at DSF it is time consuming so, being at the back of the line takes FOREVER! Trust me I've been at the back of the line for waking up late. This release looks like it's going to be a big one!... I usually (if I do not wake up late) arrive about 30-45 minutes early but for this one I think I will be shooting for a hour to an hour and a half. Should be fun though everyone is very friendly and bringing your pins is not a bad idea. Lot's a people trade while waiting inline. And Yes Definitely bring a chair! See ya there! :)

I'll see you guys there. I'll be going solo so if you see some tall guy standing there by himself awkwardly, that'll be me. I have the day off so I guess I'll be there all day eating ice cream. Hm. I should make up a lanyard to wear.

Don't forget to get a PTD while you're there, can't get the full experience apparently until you do that. I was also told you need to wait overnight and take in the wafting smell of the homeless' urination, but I have yet to do that, so until then, my DSF experience will go down as "incomplete." Honestly, it might be incomplete for the rest of my life :lol:

Going too. When this release came out, a few buddies decided to call in a favor since they are enjoying the Villians event at WDW. I can tell they really want this set since they know I live 6 hours away.

I will be the short, sleepy one there. I'll bring my binder to see if people want to trade. Will need that PTD sundae to wake me back up to drive home :lol:

Yay! I can't wait to see everyone! I love seeing all my friends and having a wonderful time catching up (except you Angel...haha jk lol!!!) Hope you have fun on your first visit, it'll be an adventure, but it will be fun!

I've slept over I think twice. I do NOT miss it! Thanks for the clarification.

No need to spend the night. Just get there early in the morning.

I'll be there as well! I for one take the train and subway to DSF. My tip would be to wake up early enough and time your trip. For me it takes me an hour and twenty minutes to get to DSF so I would have to leave my house around 5:50AM to get to the station and catch the train at 6ish. If everything goes right I arrive to DSF at around 7:30AM. So just time your trip. :)

Can't wait to you all again! Let's just hope DSF puts all the numbers in this time. We don't want any adults crying this release, now do we.

can't wait! Taking a half day at work to drive up Thursday night, and then drive back to San Diego to make it in time for the second shift!I hope to recognize some of you and chat it up...maybe we should wear some name tags!

Good luck to everyone ! The set is amazing, I hope that a lot of DPF members will be able to snag one ... I will try to buy the surprise release pin only, you will have one for sure... If somebody wants to sell it or wants money plus the european DS Ursula pin, please let me know !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back