• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

WDW First Disney World Trip

WDW First Disney World Trip
Update going to EPCOT day of arrival to avoid half days. Anyone know what time the 60 day dining reservation hits pst? I read 5:45 on their site but last night saw it open up around 1 but it was stating it we weren’t able to make reservations at this time instead of it being booked up.

Has anyone done Rose & Crown fireworks package? Online views look to be from the side and not central, wanted to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ajk
Update going to EPCOT day of arrival to avoid half days. Anyone know what time the 60 day dining reservation hits pst? I read 5:45 on their site but last night saw it open up around 1 but it was stating it we weren’t able to make reservations at this time instead of it being booked up.

Has anyone done Rose & Crown fireworks package? Online views look to be from the side and not central, wanted to confirm.

If not doing split days, if you find AK day to be short (or choose to shorten it a bit), you could go to Springs that evening. Or, since you don’t care about galaxys edge, HS might be a shorter day and good one for springs. Nice part is no springs reservation needed so you can play it by ear.

Yes, we did the Rose and Crown package back when Illuminations was still running, and everyone thoroughly enjoyed both the view and the food.

Yes, we did the Rose and Crown package back when Illuminations was still running, and everyone thoroughly enjoyed both the view and the food.

But is the view from the side? I’d rather wait in a prime viewing position if it is not close to the center.

But is the view from the side? I’d rather wait in a prime viewing position if it is not close to the center.

The view is from the Rose and Crown deck, so it's from that "side," though if memory serves there really wasn't a true center for Illuminations (which is the now-defunct show we saw) so it really didn't matter. What we enjoyed was not having to battle crowds for an unobstructed prime viewing location, which we would otherwise have had to stake out hours beforehand, missing touring time. The great food was an added bonus, as was the comfortable seating.

Love the R&C food. And as was stated, if you want the absolute perfect viewing spot, be prepared to stake it out for a loooooonnnnnggggggg time. (And still have people try to squeeze in front of you when the show starts.)

You are correct R&C view is from the side. The prime viewing spots are between Italy and Japan or Mexico and Canada so you can see the inside of the circle.

Feel like we did everything we wanted.

Started with Epcot and drank/ate around the world but not from every pavilion. Got Neil Patrick Harris’ “black magic” margarita and they gave us 2 but we gave one away! Rode everything there but Test Track and Soaring/Living land. Our favorite is the Figment ride in which we knew nothing about until then and now love. We hate Mission Space, that ride makes us feel claustrophobic and sick. Harmonious was cool!
Epcot was our favorite ride apart from MK.

Animal Kingdom 2nd day, rode all the main attractions, fun, beautiful park. Lion King show was so good. Sadly no Tree of Life lighting which I was looking forward to.

3rd day Universal Parks.

4th day Hollywood Studios which was our least favorite possibly due to the fact that it was themed around our own city. It felt less like an amusement park. Kind of felt like Universal and wasn’t fan of the theming like Epcot and Animal Kingdom so far. Like for Epcot they had a huge gold ball that was amazing to look at. Then for Animal Kingdom the Tree of Life and a show going on with birds flying around, just set the tone. Hollywood Studios just felt dull in comparison.

Toy Story Land was cool but not enough content. No merchandise store or unique merch, and a qsr that had weak food themes for the land. Was excited for Slinky but it was a bit of a let down. Cool ride but just not what I was expecting especially for a 120min wait ride.

5th day Magic Kingdom we tried to rope drop but accidentally Ubered to Polynesian/Floridian Monorail/Ferry area so we took the Ferry. Missed rope drop but that was a cool experience to start off the day. Did Thunder, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, 7 Dwarves, People Mover, Carousel, Astro Blasters/Orbiters, Little Mermaid, and Peter Pan.

Got buttons customized for $3/piece I believe.
Favorite food was the Egg Roll cart outside of Adventureland. One of the best things I’ve ever had. It was so freaking good and they had a 50th pastrami one on top of the cheeseburger that was amazing. We also splurged and ate at Be Our Guest and was about to be seated in the West Wing but was able to get window seating in the Ballroom which was our most desired seating so lucked out. And did the Enchantment Fireworks package to not have to worry about waiting 3 hours for a good firework spot. They gave us a buffet of desserts and had free alcoholic beverages.

Last day Disney Springs, got Gideons.

No money, but amazing experiences!

Wow! That sounds like an amazing trip. I'm so glad that you had a great time. Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Feel like we did everything we wanted.

Started with Epcot and drank/ate around the world but not from every pavilion. Got Neil Patrick Harris’ “black magic” margarita and they gave us 2 but we gave one away! Rode everything there but Test Track and Soaring/Living land. Our favorite is the Figment ride in which we knew nothing about until then and now love. We hate Mission Space, that ride makes us feel claustrophobic and sick. Harmonious was cool!
Epcot was our favorite ride apart from MK.

Animal Kingdom 2nd day, rode all the main attractions, fun, beautiful park. Lion King show was so good. Sadly no Tree of Life lighting which I was looking forward to.

3rd day Universal Parks.

4th day Hollywood Studios which was our least favorite possibly due to the fact that it was themed around our own city. It felt less like an amusement park. Kind of felt like Universal and wasn’t fan of the theming like Epcot and Animal Kingdom so far. Like for Epcot they had a huge gold ball that was amazing to look at. Then for Animal Kingdom the Tree of Life and a show going on with birds flying around, just set the tone. Hollywood Studios just felt dull in comparison.

Toy Story Land was cool but not enough content. No merchandise store or unique merch, and a qsr that had weak food themes for the land. Was excited for Slinky but it was a bit of a let down. Cool ride but just not what I was expecting especially for a 120min wait ride.

5th day Magic Kingdom we tried to rope drop but accidentally Ubered to Polynesian/Floridian Monorail/Ferry area so we took the Ferry. Missed rope drop but that was a cool experience to start off the day. Did Thunder, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, 7 Dwarves, People Mover, Carousel, Astro Blasters/Orbiters, Little Mermaid, and Peter Pan.

Got buttons customized for $3/piece I believe.
Favorite food was the Egg Roll cart outside of Adventureland. One of the best things I’ve ever had. It was so freaking good and they had a 50th pastrami one on top of the cheeseburger that was amazing. We also splurged and ate at Be Our Guest and was about to be seated in the West Wing but was able to get window seating in the Ballroom which was our most desired seating so lucked out. And did the Enchantment Fireworks package to not have to worry about waiting 3 hours for a good firework spot. They gave us a buffet of desserts and had free alcoholic beverages.

Last day Disney Springs, got Gideons.

No money, but amazing experiences!

Sounds awesome! For the fireworks package, did you do the one where you eat before the fireworks or after? If before, how wa the crowd/view for the fireworks?

Sounds awesome! For the fireworks package, did you do the one where you eat before the fireworks or after? If before, how wa the crowd/view for the fireworks?

We did the after party, but you can check in an hour prior to the firework show. We went about 40 mins before and there were an okay amount of people just lying around on the grass. I’d say more people started filing in at about 20 mins before and try to stand in front of everyone but are told to sit because it’s used as a walkway/exit for wheelchairs/scooters. But 15-10 mins to the show they make you stand and move forward. I thought we would be able to sit and enjoy it. But if you have someone in a wheelchair or scooter there is a section where everyone was sitting.

The view is slightly angled to the right but not to the point that it disrupts the projection. I can see everything clearly as we were able to stand at the front of the railing. I’d say the viewing angle could be better because there are a lot of light fixtures/poles in the way so you have to find a view between those fixtures.

I would recommend the after party so as not to feel rushed to go to the viewing area and provides a nice relaxation time after a long day ending with fireworks. They do last calls after about an hour but still feels like there’s no rush.
07e4a34a710c2ce2123b7086cd985ca8.jpg

Back