Gold Prototypes of Blue Centaurette Pin

Discussion in 'Disney Pin Discussion' started by ElleSturm, May 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElleSturm

ElleSturm New Member

0   0   0

Hi there! Does anyone know if prior to the production of the LE 250 black versions of Pin 27311, there happened to have been four golden prototypes produced? I cannot find any record of these LE 4 golden prototypes anywhere and frankly am not even sure where to research something like this beyond pinpics. I'm ultimately trying to figure out if I got scammed by someone making all this up or not.

[​IMG]

SoraPandora likes this.
  2. goofyfordonald

goofyfordonald DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0

This is typically how it worked for DA pins. They’d produce a gold, silver and black version and then decide what to use for the full production run. This seems pretty legit to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Cheshirefied DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    95   0   0

Yup, looks fine. Back in the day, DA created and frequently sold prototypes of the two alternate metal colors from their released pins. So, if the pin was released on black metal, they would also have gold and silver prototypes. Or if it was released on gold metal, it would have black and silver prototypes, etc. Later in their run and into the DisneyShopping.com and DisneyStore.com era, they would have artist proof sets (sometimes marked, sometimes not) of all three metal colors that would be released together.

You've got the pin with the COA, you're good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.