• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PIN HAUL Half my haul from Tokyo thrift stores

PIN HAUL Half my haul from Tokyo thrift stores

nickerjones

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Low level new collector here. I am in Tokyo hosting adult hockey and came across pins in some places so picked them up. Love seeing ones with tokyo on them or from early 2000s. Also think its fun seeing US park pins showing up in Tokyo.

D3kqkVP.jpeg

zSVnuYf.jpeg

Thats probably a question for my 7 year old once i get home and he sees them. But i dont think he (or I) will be super attached to any of them. If there is something you really want or need Im sure something can be done about it.
Nothing jumps out at me as a super want... but was curious. Mostly trying to gage if you are only a collector and buyer of pins or also a trader. Some pin people don't trade.

Those are very nice pins! The Disney Ambassador Hotel pins and Wonderbles (the large poster pins) are two series I am working on myself.

Nothing jumps out at me as a super want... but was curious. Mostly trying to gage if you are only a collector and buyer of pins or also a trader. Some pin people don't trade.
I think the social aspect of trading is pretty high on my interest in pin trading, especially for my 7 year old. He is “socially awkward”. Originally I got into pins bc I bought a pin pack at the park so he would interact with the staff pin traders. He enjoyed it so here i am finding pins in weird places so we can do that more 😂

I think the social aspect of trading is pretty high on my interest in pin trading, especially for my 7 year old. He is “socially awkward”. Originally I got into pins bc I bought a pin pack at the park so he would interact with the staff pin traders. He enjoyed it so here i am finding pins in weird places so we can do that more

Love to hear it! As a thirty something socially awkward adult, pin trading really helped bring me out of my shell. If he ever wants to do a snail mail trade, just for fun and to make a new friend, please let me know! :)

P.S. Thrifting… in TOKYO? New bucket list item. I’m jealous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a lot of fun! We went to the same mall OP went to, in 2018. I intended to post a Trip Report, but never finished it. But this is what I thrifted on that trip

The store in Nakano Broadway is the biggest one. But there are a lot of those stores around Japan. I actually just picked up a whole bunch of pins from Akihabara today and I’ll post them soon. I also found this huge set of Coca-Cola pins in a frame.

The store in Nakano Broadway is the biggest one. But there are a lot of those stores around Japan. I actually just picked up a whole bunch of pins from Akihabara today and I’ll post them soon. I also found this huge set of Coca-Cola pins in a frame.
I hope you brought a big suitcase. :)

Back