• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Has anyone ever traded with tia7872 on pinpics,She's from Florida.I need advice please.

Has anyone ever traded with tia7872 on pinpics,She's from Florida.I need advice please.

teddy_ruxpin

DPF Nut
Rating - 99.6%
284   1   0
Hi Everyone,
It looks like i've traded with someone on pinpics again that is just out to get free pins from people!
This has happened to me SO many times over the last two years.
I traded with tia7872 on pinpics,She lives in Florida. Has anyone dealt with her before please?
I sent around November 10th and i sent her my WDI Sorcerer hat Daisy Duck pin from my own collection ! and also my WDI Buena Vista street Daisy Duck pin .
I traded my sorcerer hat Daisy from my OWN collection because i really wanted the Fairytails Aristocats mini jumbo pin and i'm devastated now! The other pin i was supposed to receive was Pocahontas ptd.I never received anything and i've written back to her twice but she never replies now! I'm so upset from being constantly cheated out of pins,I send mine but SO many people don't send anything back to me for the trades so they're just getting free pins all the time and my pins get less and less.
I don't usually write a post for it but i sent really good pins and it just left me really sad and i wanted to warn everyone!

You should create an account on Tapatalk and post this on the PinPics forum so that the mods there can be on the lookout. The mods don't come here.

@starry_solo, I don't have tapatalk sorry. The pinpics mods don't get anywhere,I've tried many times on bad trades before. They can't get replies from people either. I just wondered if any members here had any experience with them.

So sorry to hear this. One of the reasons I dont trade on pinpics anymore, if they cant show some kind of feedback from some trades.

wont help now but for the future. If you have facebook there is this super good group named psa: pin scam alerts (resources references & reviews)

On that group you can search pinpics ids and names to see if anyone has been trading with people before and if they have good or bad reviews. Has helped me avoided scammers before. If I do a trade outside of DPF (which I rarely ever do) I always check their name in that group first. If you dont find the name with the search function you can also make a post asking if anyone traded with them.

Also a good tip is to finish the trade via email or facebook so you have another way of contacting the person than just via pinpics. I dont get notifications when I have a pinpics pm anylonger so its easy to miss messages there.

Again, Im so sorry that this has happened to you! Sorry I cant help with any information about that person.

@Snoffsan, Thanks for your advice. Someone did actually mention that facebook page to me last year when i wrote about problems i'd had and i joined facebook but the pin scam alert rejected me from the page because they said they thought i wasn't a real person and a robot ? I apparently didn't have enough friends to be a real person. They didn't want to know when i said i don't have many friends and said it couldn't be possible! So that isn't an option for me. I don't use facebook now,It's horrible.

Hi Everyone,
It looks like i've traded with someone on pinpics again that is just out to get free pins from people!
I traded with tia7872 on pinpics,She lives in Florida. Has anyone dealt with her before please?
I sent around November 10th and i sent her my WDI Sorcerer hat Daisy Duck pin from my own collection ! and also my WDI Buena Vista street Daisy Duck pin .
I traded my sorcerer hat Daisy from my OWN collection because i really wanted the Fairytails Aristocats mini jumbo pin and i'm devastated now! The other pin i was supposed to receive was Pocahontas ptd.I never received anything and i've written back to her twice but she never replies now! I'm so upset from being constantly cheated out of pins,I send mine but SO many people don't send anything back to me for the trades so they're just getting free pins all the time and my pins get less and less.
I don't usually write a post for it but i sent really good pins and it just left me really sad and i wanted to warn everyone!
If you also live in the US, I'm pretty sure you can file a complaint with the federal government regarding mail fraud? I've never done it before but I'm pretty sure you can.

If you also live in the US, I'm pretty sure you can file a complaint with the federal government regarding mail fraud? I've never done it before but I'm pretty sure you can.
This might not be a bad idea; what you're describing sounds like a pretty clear cut description of mail fraud. I'm not familiar with the nuances when the parties involved live in different countries, but maybe make inquiries with both USPS and Royal Mail and see if that gets you somewhere?

This might not be a bad idea; what you're describing sounds like a pretty clear cut description of mail fraud. I'm not familiar with the nuances when the parties involved live in different countries, but maybe make inquiries with both USPS and Royal Mail and see if that gets you somewhere?

Sounds good, but mostly when it comes to claims with the PO (in the US, anyway) it takes an immense amount of your time and trouble and telephoning and you hardly get anywhere. Unless it is a PO insurance claim.

Hi Everyone,

If you go into your PinPics messages with them, can you try contacting them through the email that is listed in the top of the message? Once you get a PM from a member, their registered email address is displayed on the "From" line.

Do you have her full name? In that case I can search for her in the FB group for you. I did not find anything on her pinpics ID

So sorry this happened to you :( Can i make a suggestion. If they are high value pins set up a third party pin trade instead. Have both you and the person you are trading with mail your pins to the trusted third party from the forum here. Then when the third party person receaves the pins from both traders they send them on to the other person. That way if the person you are trading with never sends there pin the third party will just mail your pins back to you and you aren't out anything but a little time :)

Back