• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hello from the SF Bay Area :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello from the SF Bay Area :)

sayshelen

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Hi all! :wavey: I've made a couple posts around the forums already but it's time for an introduction. I'm Helen, sayshelen both here, on PinPics and on the DIS boards. I grew up in Los Angeles and I've been to DL *maybe* a hundred times growing up ... my dad absolutely loved the park and we went quite often, a few years with APs. I associate DL closely with my birthday, which you can read more about here.

I currently live in the San Francisco bay area with my husband of (almost!) 3 years, who grew up with a Disney fanatic for a parent too (his mom). We are taking our first WDW trip together in May. It'll be my second time there ever, and my first time since 1996. Never done any pin trading at either park before, so I'm excited to have that experience as well.

My biggest passions are singing and storytelling, and those two things have been dancing through my day-to-day activities for most of my life. I got a degree in Opera Performance a few years ago and I continue to perform. I've got some performances on YouTube here if you are at all interested! I know the lyrics to WAY too many songs, but especially Disney songs. Not only did I grow up during the Disney animation 'golden age' (Little Mermaid was my first movie in theatres), but I have always been a big fan of the Sherman Brothers' songbook too, and I know so many of their songs that I think most people find obscure. (Makin' Memories, anyone?)

My love for storytelling comes out in various places too -- reading, acting, even archival management and library science (I'm currently working on a Master's degree in that field).

I have to say, it was the POHM series that got me hooked, I think in part because it is just TOO cool to own a cel like that! I hope Aladdin, The Lion King, and The Little Mermaid also become part of the series. :)

Hey Helen - welcome to the DPF!! Glad you could join us! The movie pins are awesome - love the first release & really looking forward to collecting the series!!

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the forum! i am listining to your youtube videos now. I wish that the kiss Legit Goodbye was an actual video it sounds so funny! But truley an amazing voice. I also love to sing and the two things that got me started was 1 the little Mermaid, and 2 The Phantom of the Opera. I am not in any theater group but I do sing offten. Hope you enjoy the group! i'm bay area too and we are having a pin trading gathering in Roseville the 26th. If you can make it that would be great!

Welcome fellow Nor Cal Trader!

Be sure to check out the Trading events here in Nor Cal!!! We have a blast and there are tons of pins to be traded!!!

Vicki

Hello and welcome from another Bay Area resident who was formerly from LA. You should come to the pin meet this Saturday! It's a great way to meet fellow pin and Disney enthusiasts. My husband will be there playing pack mule and watching the table. He's not a Disney enthusiast (shhh) but he is a classical musician and you two can talk shop. ;0)

--Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back