• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Help please

Help please

RFD

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I am new to the forum and having trouble making contact with other members, I did shower today so it can't be that. I have sent out a few PM's and Friend requests but nothing in return. Is there a limit on on Newbie's? What is the protocal on trading and asking for trades?

Thanks

Hi Richard
Theres no protacol..did you send the PMs with a read reciept??did they read them?I know alot will not be on a computer or any other mobile device when they recieve
a request for a trade or friend request!Just make sure you were friendly and the trade was fair...and you will be fine...WE traded right??So see everything will work out

Judy

To my knowledge, there is no limit on newbies as far as friend requests go. You might have to be patient and just wait for things to develop. How long ago did you send out those friend requests? The reason I'm asking is because not everyone visits DPF every day and, perhaps, your recipients aren't yet aware of receiving your requests. It's also possible that your recipients might be waiting to find out a bit more about who you are and your personality/posting habits before they accept your friend request.

As far as the protocol for asking for trades goes, there really isn't one, per se. I would just go with a few guidelines and I think you'll be fine:

1. Always be polite throughout the whole process (initiating, negotiating, declining, accepting)
2. When you send out a trade request/email/private message, try to make the trade as fair as possible while understanding that people value pins differently (ask yourself if ownership of the pins in question were reversed, would you still consider the trade fair and want to make it)
3. Always use common sense and don't feel compelled to make every trade that comes your way; if an offer seems too good to be true, it probably is and never make a trade unless you are 100% comfortable with it
4. Don't forget to have fun - after all, isn't that why you collect pins?

Thank you All _ Reason I was also concerned is I had a hard time when I registered for PINPICS or maybe irt was anthoer forum, I forget, but I was using my Mac and receieved the message that I was a Spammers. When I Registered on myWive's PC I was able to gain access. I was concerned that DPF was also stopping some of my PM's or Emails. Thsi is the message I get at certain times
[h=3]The following errors occurred with your submission[/h]
  1. You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again.

Really not in a rush- just making sure to follow the rules. Common sense prevails on the forum and in life. Be kind to everyone and they will return it ten fold!

I know I got a PM from you when you asked about a trade, but no friend request was attached, so I have sent you one this morning

Ohhhhh ... I think I might know what is happening. I think you might get that message sometimes because the computer might be 'timing you out' and signing you out. You can't perform certain functions (like post) if you aren't signed in. When you sign in, do you mark the little box underneath that says 'Remember Me'? (I think that's what it says, anyway) I used to randomly and unexpectedly get signed out and encounter the exact problem you are describing when I tried to post until I started checking that box every time I signed in to my account.

Thank you all for the help- I seem to be getting more responses and making more contact

Back