• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

PIN ID Help pricing pins?

PIN ID Help pricing pins?

Loomi

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Hi all! I'm not sure if this is allowed - I couldn't find any rules against it, but please let me know if I am in the wrong.

Being in the UK and long starved of any LE pin releases after they stopped EU releases many years ago, I have been strangled out of trading really. I am trying to price up my traders to sell, and I don't know if the eBay market has been terrible or if I just have deeply misunderstood how to work the sold items searches, but there are a number of pins I am really struggling to price up! I just can't seem to find ANY sold listings, and in some cases no active ones either (though those aren't really entirely helpful for pricing up)/ And I've not even finished checking all of them yet. Being out of the game for so long also means I have no general recent pin-knowledge to fall back on.

If anyone has any idea of market value on these, I would be deeply appreciative of the help and guidance!

DLP Pin Trading Day Sven LE500
DLP Frozen Pin Event Let It Snow - Young Kristoff and Baby Sven Snowglobe LE700

DLR Diamond Celebration - Belle and Beast
Disney Grins Mystery - Beast
Royalty Reveal/Conceal Stained Glass - Belle

DSSH Oscar Winners - Aladdin LE300

DS UK Lady and the Tramp 60th Anniversary LE300
Disney Films Mystery - Lady and the Tramp - Lady in the Hat Box

DLP Thumper and Miss Bunny St Valentin 2015 LE700
Walt’s Classic Collection - Thumper Slider LE1000 - ??? there are active listings from £30 to £120!

POP Villains - Cruella
DS UK Cruella in car LE800
Villains Tonight Marquee - Ursula LE300

DS UK Kevin and Babies LE300
DSSH Alphabet Series #6 - Wall-E (W) LE300

DSSH Pin Trader Delight (PTD) - Brave Queen Elinor as Bear
DSSH Pin Trader Delight (PTD) - The Carpenter LE400
DSSH Pin Trader Delight (PTD) - Hunchback of Notre Dame Frollo LE400

WDW - Love is An Adventure - Mystery - Jack and Sally Chaser LE250
DLR - Date Nite Mystery - Baloo and King Louie

DLP Stitch Glitter Mug
Winnie the Pooh “Happy Everything” 9 Mini Pin Box Set - Pooh as Pumpkin
DLP Cast Lanyard 2016 - Peg

Last edited:
I finished searching all my traders and updated my somewhat extensive list of struggles! :eek: I understand this is a big ask, but appreciate any help.

The only ones I have familiarity with are the PTDs. As you mention, none sold on ebay recently and in Frollo's case, isn't even listed. But I don't think that is a sign of them being rare so much as not overly popular. I see some folks are trying to get $65+ for Elinor, but considering other Brave pins have sold recently for a third of that, I don't see that happening. Similarly, Carpenter is being offered for $35 OBO with no takers. So likely real value is less than $30. I think that it's the same situation in Frollo's case. So maybe ask around $30 each but be willing/ready to take less? Unless you want to sell all three to me in which case I am sure they are worth about $20 each. :D:cool:

On the Love is an Adventure chaser, I do recall that one being one of the hardest to get so probably worth a fair amount. In that one's case, I do think the lack of an ebay presence is due to scarcity.

I'm sorry to hear you are selling off your traders. I hope that doesn't mean you are getting out of pins completely.
Good luck on your sale! Will you be posting it here?

The only ones I have familiarity with are the PTDs. As you mention, none sold on ebay recently and in Frollo's case, isn't even listed. But I don't think that is a sign of them being rare so much as not overly popular. I see some folks are trying to get $65+ for Elinor, but considering other Brave pins have sold recently for a third of that, I don't see that happening. Similarly, Carpenter is being offered for $35 OBO with no takers. So likely real value is less than $30. I think that it's the same situation in Frollo's case. So maybe ask around $30 each but be willing/ready to take less? Unless you want to sell all three to me in which case I am sure they are worth about $20 each. :D:cool:

On the Love is an Adventure chaser, I do recall that one being one of the hardest to get so probably worth a fair amount. In that one's case, I do think the lack of an ebay presence is due to scarcity.

I'm sorry to hear you are selling off your traders. I hope that doesn't mean you are getting out of pins completely.
Good luck on your sale! Will you be posting it here?

Thank you so much for the help and insight! I know Frollo is a niche character and to be honest I don't even know who the Carpenter is so both cases make sense. But I hadn't even been able to find any of these three on eBay at all! I don't know why it's not showing me all the listings.

Don't think I will be totally out of the pin game, I still really enjoy them, but trading is near impossible so I mostly buy instead now. Thank you for the luck, I probably will post it here yes :)

Carpenter is from Alice in Wonderland. He was in the scene with the Walrus and the Oysters (all of which will mean nothing to you if you haven't seen the movie. :))

I wonder if you are prevented from seeing some listings based on your location. Just a guess. If it helps, I always search for pins by first going to Shop by Category and clicking on Collectibles under Collectibles and Art. I then select Disneyana and then Pins, Patches & Buttons. I then start my search from there.

Good luck again! I look forward to seeing your posting.

I wonder if you are prevented from seeing some listings based on your location. Just a guess. If it helps, I always search for pins by first going to Shop by Category and clicking on Collectibles under Collectibles and Art. I then select Disneyana and then Pins, Patches & Buttons. I then start my search from there.
That's a good wonder. I checked Carpenter from a California location and still no PTD Carpenter sales! Frollo PTD I couldn't even find a current listing.

Back