• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Heroes & villains collection first look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heroes & villains collection first look
Cinderella is one of my favorite Classic Disney films but I pass on so much of her merchandise because the wrong hair color and she always looks like a Barbie!! BUT this Cinderella, I am SO IN LOVE with her!!!! By far the best set!! I'm am bummed that we aren't getting a Tiana and Faciller set..........I was looking forward to Faciller as a doll

I haven't seen anything official yet on dates, whether from the Tumbler pages or Facebook pages, so I hope these dates are accurate.

I honestly am surprised that Japan is getting these first, considering Disney is an American-based company, but whatever. It could just be Japan changing up things. Hope they at least had notice before these went up for sale. If we're all getting the look of the dolls at the same time, then I feel bad for the collectors in Japan who are scrambling right now.

EDIT: Also, do we think they're gonna do an early pre-order for all 4 dolls, like they have in the past?

We have gotten into the habit of getting Tsums Tsums before Japan does when that is a Japanese product, so maybe this is a trade off of some kind haha. Japan is one of Disney's biggest markets, so I hope collectors there weren't thrown off by this reveal where it was so random.

As for the pre-ordering the full set, I would assume that they would give people that opportunity seeing all the past waves have done it. This reveal was so sudden, so we should get an official US announcement with more details on that by the end of the week (maybe even later today).

Last edited:
The bow on top of Cinderella's dress as well the one on the bottom left are not fully tied. I wonder if that's intentional or not.

If you look at the illustration on the box, her dress is torn there, too. It's probably supposed to be toward the end of the scene when her dress is almost completely torn and the bead necklace is the next thing to go.

If you look at the illustration on the box, her dress is torn there, too. It's probably supposed to be toward the end of the scene when her dress is almost completely torn and the bead necklace is the next thing to go.

I just looked again you're right. Kind of taking it from the live action movie where Tremaine does the majority of the dress ripping. Poor Cindy.

This is the first doll release I'm actually excited for since frozen fever!

I want aurora but I really only want her and not the set, ditto for gaston and Cinderella. So it looks like I'll only be trying for Alice. But I really am so blown away, they've done an excellent job.

That. Is Not. The Red Queen.

*SMH*

Beautiful set that might tempt me even though I don't collect dolls, but seriously?!?!?! It's the Queen of Hearts! The Red Queen is the Burton version!

*SMH*

Beautiful set that might tempt me even though I don't collect dolls, but seriously?!?!?! It's the Queen of Hearts! The Red Queen is the Burton version!

I think it may have to do with China and not a general oversight, or maybe I'm just hoping for the best... They haven't officially released Alice in Wonderland over there.

The description on the Japanese website says ハートの女王 (Ha-to no Joō) which is the Queen of Hearts. It's going to be the lazy, let's not fix it Briar Rose/Aurora packaging all over again. :rolleyes:

*SMH*

Go to the Japan site link ... fifth picture ... the BACK of the box says "Queen of Hearts." Maybe they're hedging their bets. :p

Homg BLUE DRESS AURORA BLUE DRESS AURORA BLUE DRESS AURORA YAY. The others are maybes but BLUE DRESS AURORA YAY.

This post made me realize how impressed I am with Disney for not going with her in pink! We got her and Cinderella switched from what they usually are, and I am very excited about that!

YAY!!! I can't believe the wait is finally over (it seemed like it was going to go on forever).

I'm also really pleasantly surprised at how wonderful all of four of these sets look. My favorite is Cinderella/Tremaine-I was really hoping they would both be in their ball outfits pre-Fairy Godmother but I had no idea how amazing they would both turn out! And I agree that Cinderella's face mold is the most movie accurate I've seen on an LE doll yet. :)

The others are all fantastic as well, especially Alice (this is my personal favorite Alice doll Disney's ever made). And in my opinion the box art, which I always really consider when choosing LE dolls, is the best ever for a Designer collection.

Oh, I'm so excited about these. I am in love with Maleficent, but I don't know that I'd want Aurora. I've always wanted a Belle and Gaston set (I was going to start making one for myself in about two weeks, I just haven't been able to find a case.. or a Gaston haha). So I may have to get them for that reason, even though I can't decide how I feel about Belle's dress. I adore the tiny Alice. I want her so badly! I'm not a fan of Cinderella personally, but this doll set is amazing! She and Lady Tremaine are gorgeous!

Hands down best designer series so far! Even blows the 17 inch dolls out of the water.
Cinderella and Termaine are perfect, love the hair colour and lucifer!
Second favourite is Aurora- no shiny skin for Maleficent and aurora has red lips! I can see why people would think auroras lower half is plain- but I really like her dress. Auroras dress is meant to be simple and I am glad they didn't go embroidery mad on her.

The Alice set is cute I really like the queen of hearts she looks great.

My least favourite is the belle set but I do prefer both of them to the 17 inch dolls.

They look awsome!!! But now looking at Alice&QueenOH I think even more so that Ariel and Ursula look ridicilous. Proportions are so wrong on those two.

Reading Facebook comments why is it people always say the new set looks cheap( which ever is newest at time)People saying this set isn't that nice compared with part one. And be same next year with what ever designer set they release will be labelled cheap and this set will be praised.

They look awsome!!! But now looking at Alice&QueenOH I think even more so that Ariel and Ursula look ridicilous. Proportions are so wrong on those two.

You think so? I think they're much closer than Ariel and Ursula, where Ariel was almost bigger than Ursula!

I'm so in love with the whole set!!! The artwork is stunning, love that they included backgrounds this time round. If it weren't for the exchange rate/shipping I would go for all of them. If I can find the funds I'm definitely going for the Cinderella and Belle sets!

WOW. That Cinderella is amazing. I have actually never purchased any of the Cinderella Designer dolls even though I had a chance to, but this is my number one preference and a must for my collection. Amazing.

I'm really stunned by this set of designer dolls! Like everyone is saying, I'm amazed Cinderella actually looks like her movie self. Her hair color and face are finally accurate! I'm not the biggest Cinderella fan but this is the prettiest in the set. I honestly wish I could afford all 4 this time around.
I'm probably narrowing it down to Alice and Aurora. I'm far too excited there's an Alice doll! She's so adorable too.
I also agree on Aurora's set needing the spinning wheel. It was the first thing I thought when I saw her face. I get what they're going for with her blank expression, but it doesn't fully translate without the prop. I love my girl too much to pass on this set though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back