• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

QUESTION Heroine Profiles

QUESTION Heroine Profiles

Arendelle

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Just a general question as I’m starting to look at a trade for Merida. Does anyone know if these have been faked? If so, are there any specific “tells” that help differentiate?

I always get nervous when getting ready to trade for a “fancy” pin and just want to be as aware as I can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think only Villains profiles have been faked, not the Heroes and Heroines.

Correct re: known fakes about villains.

However (and I'm checking the data on my phone about it), there was a post on Facebook a few years ago (April 2021) that these profiles had been faked / were coming out of a manufacturer:
Belle
Ariel
Syndrome
GoGo
Baymax
Jack
Sally
Jafar
Rapunzel
Hercules
Jasmine
Flynn
Eric
Anastasia
Madame Medusa
Penny
Mickey House of Mouse

I remember keeping an eye out on various sites to see if there were any fakes coming out for the next several months but never saw anything come out.

So, no re: Merida.

The exact text was "PSA. there is some information coming out today that the following profiles have been faked by a manufacturer in China. Please be cautious when purchasing or trading these pins in the upcoming months and forward. As soon as we can verify pictures and comparisons we will update this post."

I also never saw an update to the post, but I screenshot the post and it's on my phone.

This is awesome news.

Now on to advice (if y’all don’t mind).

I’m considering trading some of the new Hero vs Villains for this pin, but I don’t want to be insulting with a low offer, but I tend to prefer to hold my newly released low LE pins for awhile (for 2 reasons, 1. It gives me joy to just have the new pins as “mine” for a while even if I got them without intending to keep them yes I know Im weird and 2. I like to see what happens with values after the initial chaos and demand settles down, I’ve often seen the values not be as high as when the initial demand is, but I also feel less anxious about trading as I feel values are just more established and it feels somehow “easier” to me to figure out a fair trade).

They are in the UK, I don’t know them personally, and obviously we can’t do a meet up. As you can imagine, that concerns me, but they sent good pictures (with hand written name and date) and we ended up chatting and they shared *amazing* photos of their personal collection, etc. I do think they are legit.

That being said, I have 5 pins this trader is interested in from that set. Mickey, Phillip, Belle, Baymax, and Hercules (The sets not just the heroes). I really don’t think I’m ready to part with Mickey or Phillip and I’m not sure how I feel about Belle (being a princess, it’s one of the set I’ve been toying with keeping along with Aladdin, Phillip, and Eric).

Taking those 2 or 3 two off of the table do I even have a reasonable offer left? Is it just too rude? Any thoughts? I find it hard to figure out values for profiles. Merida is listed for sale on the auction site, but I think pricing can be weird (both high and low honestly, it can be helpful if selling, but I find it challenging for establishing trade values). And there are no sold listings to view. I can see two sold prices on MyPinCentral but they seem kinda old ($325 “73 weeks ago”and $265 “50 weeks ago”). I also think prices are a little wonky right now as everyone is D23 poor and as such I think at least some older pins are available (and possibly priced less) that you might not likely see often.

Making this just more challenging for me personally, I was just scammed on Mercari on a several hundred dollar pin purchase (I’m just dumb, I really should have known it was too good to be true, but lesson learned and hopefully I will eventually get a refund ). So I’m just like a bit gun-shy.

I also had a negative trading experience at a VERY tiny in person event this past Sunday that just left me feeling icky. Thankfully that trade ending up concluding with us “untrading” but I just felt gross about how the interaction went. I love pin trading, but this was awful. I haven’t felt like that when trading since I was first learning to trade and was sharked at an event as a teen. I guess my take-away is that particular event I probably won’t go back to.

So I’m trying to establish better habits, make slower more thought out decisions, and just make sure I keep it fun.

I’m so glad I got back on here, you people are (and have been for like forever) such a support, source of knowledge, and a way to keep my passion for Disney pins alive and well and have just been the source of so much joy for me over many, many years. [mention]Captain Fartbeard [/mention] has reminded me how much joy I used to take in this hobby and I’m so grateful for the perspective and tips to keep it a fun, engaging hobby and not get bogged down in all the things that can surface or make it less than fun.

I hope to hear from some of y’all with thoughts and my messages are open if that’s easier.

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure Mercari has a way to complain about bad sales

I’m in touch with Mercari, it’s just that the package is not “delivered” yet (I honestly don’t expect it to ever be based on what I’ve read for how this scam works, apparently it’s not super rare, I learned about it in a pin FB group). The photos of the item are obviously stolen from an actual active eBay listing (same exact pics) with the item literally 40x what I paid. So I’m pretty sure that they don’t even have it. It’s being rerouted (again) and severely delayed and looks like the delivery address was changed from mine (California) to somewhere in Michigan, which is apparently common in these types of scams. So then it shows up as “delivered” but you don’t get it and if you don’t file a complaint within 3 days of delivery, there are no refunds or corrections possible. So I’m checking delivery status every morning. Last update was nearly a week ago. They will refund me if it isn’t delivered within 30 days and has no updates for 7 days. So for now I wait and try not to worry.

Back