• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How do you get your more "valuable" pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of that guy, Kyle MacDonald, who traded a red paper clip for a house...step by step. ;)
i always thought those were fun activities.

I used to play Magic the Gathering and there was a project that one guy did called "Pack to Power -- or, how to steal $1,000)"

basically he bought a pack of cards @ $3.99, and traded up, step by step, for what is basically one of the "holy grails" in Magic cards -- one the "power 9" -- 9 vintage cards, each worth about $1,000 each, and he made it happen :D

I've recently started pin trading/collecting, and i've been doing a combination so far. I've been doing the step-by-step thing both through lucky finds on CM lanyards (recent example: just found an LE300 DSF Tink on a lanyard) and via trading, and I have bought a few on eBay as well as done the campout at DSF for the NBC pins recently.

I've had the same question too though, so thanks everyone for the feedback!

I use Disneyshopping and eBay to get my pins right now. I've also bought some from this board and am in the processing of getting more. :) Just be careful with eBay, you can get some really great deals there or you can get totally ripped off. :)

I've bought some traders from disneyshopping.com but I also hit the outlets sometimes in Orlando and find some good traders or some inexpensive pins that I will take to WDW and play treasure hunt on CM's lanyards. Occasionally I will do the ebay thing, but I just can't stomach it most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back