• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

How do you personally use the pinpics Trade Assistant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you personally use the pinpics Trade Assistant?

Imagineer2802

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi all!

I have just used the pinpics trade assistant for the first time in months - last time i sent out over 100 requests and got no replies at all - not even a "No thanks". I stupidly sent out requests for all pins i could receive today, and now I have 11 people all wanting the same few pins! God knows how im going to sort through it!! Do you have any kind of system for situations like that?

Also, i am interested to know how you use the TA - do you send out all possible requests at once, or send a few out each week etc?

Sorry if you are one of the people waiting for a reply from me - it may take me a while to sort through them! Was not expecting such a response !:lol::wavey:

When the mood strikes and the time is ample, I usually go through all of my tradeables and check all reasonable offers. When I get new tradeables, I will often just use the trade assistant for the new ones. But I, like you, receive responses from only about 10% of my offers. Except here, of course.

I ussually pick and choose a few matches from TA every week and send those out, if I get responses and trades out of those I will send some more out. when i get multiple responses for the same pin I ussually go with whoever responded first and let the rest know that the pin is already involved in a trade and that I will let them know if it becomes available again.

I use the feature of "pending trades" to review to whom the request will be sent, many times I delete trades to folks that I know will not respond. After a few million unanswered trade requests you get a feel for who doesn't reply. I will sometimes narrow it to one or two traders and see what happens.

I tend to trade-blast every possible match once a week or so, accompanied by a message stating that I'm looking to open a trade dialogue (just so nobody thinks I'm looking to offer, or receive, a ridiculously unbalanced trade).

-JD

We use the TA, but never shotgun. We click on "What could I trade to get this pin?" or "What could I get for trading this pin?" and look through the listing and select what we believe are possible equitable matches. Then we look at our pending trades and, like Kmcwi, delete folks who don't reply (this includes anonymous, since we have NEVER received a reply from one of them), those who are particularly difficult to trade with, or those we have had bad experiences with.

Despite this, we receive responses on only about 20 percent of all requests we initiate. On the reverse side of the coin, Debby responds to 90+ percent of all trade requests we receive, only ignoring lopsided requests which we receive repeatedly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back