• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hows Overseas Trades doing right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hows Overseas Trades doing right now

tiggermickey

DPF Nut
DPF Correspondent
Rating - 100%
1591   0   0
Ok I still have 8 overseas trades out,I recieved 2(1 Eline/Lee)still have not recieved several more and I have not heard if they recieved mine..I have some dating back to DEC 6th shipping..plmk if you are getting these..starting to really worry me here..Plus no 1st SS pkg either..the way my mail runs and my neighbor stealing my mail as they get it by mistake and keep it..I have no clue what might of came in here..

Judy

I sent 3 packages off to the US on the 23rd November and none of the 3 (2 to pin traders, 1 to someone else) have gotten theres yet, yet I have recieved both the pins I made in the trade. and I can replace the pins the trades but cant afford the money from the sale I made. Hope they turn up soon.

I have two that I sent out to Europe that have not arrived yet, and out of those trades, the one from UK just arrived, and the one from France is still not here

Hmm.. I sent two packages to the UK earlier this month and don't know if they arrived. I hope they arrive soon, if they haven't already. They were for a pin-it-forward/secret santa.

Very interesting topic. As some of you may know I'm starting a 100 day pin trading project. Perhaps I should factor in excessive shipping time outside of the U.S. Does anyone have a rough estimate of shipping times to the U.K. and other European countries? Thanks for the help!

Extract from Royal Mail UK

Increased security measures delays some mail to USA

In November, the United States Department of Homeland Security increased security measures for items carried on passenger airlines. As a result, mail entering the US from around the world, and including the UK, that would normally be sent via passenger aircraft must now travel by other means, including cargo planes.

The vast majority of items, including letters and Christmas cards, posted prior to the last recommended posting date of 10th December have been and will continue to arrive in the US in time for Christmas. However, these ongoing security issues, combined with the impact of recent severe weather on the movement of mail throughout the UK, are causing delays to some items bound for the US. We’re really sorry for these unavoidable delays and are doing everything we can to keep mail moving out of and into the UK.

Since the middle of November and throughout the recent period of weather related service disruption in parts of the UK, we have implemented a number of contingency plans to ensure as much of our customers’ mail reaches the US as quickly as possible. In finding alternative, available routes and transportation to the US, it’s possible that the delivery pattern of some items may have been interrupted and not all mail will arrive in the sequence in which it was posted. Handling significantly increased volumes of mail at this festive time along with the complexity of reacting at pace to contingency arrangements, means we’re unable to track individual items for customers or identify exactly when in the current arrival patterns deliveries are likely to take place.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and are continuing to work to minimise disruption to our customers, whilst ensuring we comply fully with the US directives and regulations.

These delays do not apply to letters

==========================================================================================================================

Okay the above said this also affects mail into the UK with respect to the "adverse" weather conditions. I have spoken to my local mailing office & typical delays are 3 to 4 working days - they are doing what they can to catch up.

As for sending pins to the US, the package should be marked "Small Packet", the customs label completed AND sent via Airmail (3 to 7 working days) & NOT surface mail (anything up to 6 - 8 weeks!)

I did get an ebay purchase from December 6 yesterday, still waiting on one from December 3 - both US purchases.
Also I am waiting on a trade from Florida mailed around the same time.

I did send a bunch of trades off on December 3 and 6 though and those have all arrived. One letter even made it to Chicago in four days.

I received a trade from Belgium in 6 days no problem. I sent 2 across the pond and both arrived in 6-10 business days. all were started the last week of November.

For me as Im in Ireland I get pins in about 5 days from the US. And from Ireland takes about the same amount of time to the US but I posted my stuff from the UK so I have no idea. I wish the woman behind the counter listened to me when I asked first class :( I shipped mine on the 23rd so from reading what Chris posted my stuff is due in time for xmas...I hope so anyway.

I received a pin in trade from the UK yesterday that had been mailed Dec 2nd. I thought that was pretty quick. I only mailed mine last Wednesday so I am quite certain that mine has not arrived there yet.

Just updating
I recieved trades from Duckmite(Mailed 12/10),Eline(mailed 12/7)Joanna(Mailed 12/6)Martin(Mailed 12/6)
Still waiting on LEE to see if he got his,I recieved on 12/10 I sent 11/30..and for Natalies(Both mailed on 12/6)Sam(both mailed on 12/10)

Just a quick update

Judy

Ok update here..I recieved Natalies that was mailed 12/6/10
it arrived today

Still waiting on several more to recieve from me
I will keep you posted

i have sent you an email judy :) still no pins at our end hopefully arrive soon but more snow on the way tonight apparently for the uk :( just saw this new thred lol

I made a trade to Japan. It took about 2 weeks for my pin to arrive while it took about 3 weeks for his pins to arrive to me.

I just sent one to Belgium yesterday. I hope it doesn't take too long.

still no word on mine arriving :( I hope I dont have to refund the item I sold. Hope they arrive before the 24th as then thats 4 weeks since they been posted...Im guessing its caught in the US as I sent it before the UK got all the snow..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back