• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I have to VENT!!Kinda Discussion though

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to VENT!!Kinda Discussion though
Postage due has been a big problem for me. I have finally told my postal carrier, not to deliver any more postage dues. It's amazing how unfriendly another trader gets when I ask them to send me postage stamps to make up for their error!! I pay $2.80 now to mail a pin (my choice to use delivery confirmation), so to expect me to pay up to half of their postage is outrageous!!

Packaging up pins has never been a problem for me. I use good bubble envelopes, bubble wrap (UNPOPPED). I don't think I've ever had a complaint about my pin arriving damaged in 10+ years of on line trading.

I once received a pin mailed in in a paper McDonald's bag!!!!! Received way too many in white paper envelopes to count!!!! Half the time I only receive the mangled paper envelope. Again, the trader is unhappy to have to send a replacement. Really??!!

Bluie - check with talesoftobv - she has an excellent (inexpensive) source of bubble envelopes too (and I think at 4-5 cents per envelope INCLUDING shipping!). Of course, you have to buy bulk!

I always wrap my pins in bubble wrap and put in a Scotch bubble envelope .
No names mentioned , I received a $15.00 package in a white paper envelope, no bubble wrap around anything , no bubble in envelope . Our postman is horrible . One item soaked , ruined, beyond saving at dump by now . Pin card soaked , dried out on heat vent , looks horrible to trade on damaged card . Me don't think I was liked to much . :lol:

There is no excuse for this. I purchased 300 bubble mailers for some obscenely low price. 25 or 30 bucks if I remember correctly... A whole spool of bubble wrap was such a negligible cost, that I cannot even remember how much that was!

Hi all, speaking as a Letter Carrier, you would not belive some of the things people try to mail. Try delivering a glass picture frame mailed in a plain manilla wrapper, and have the customer yell at you because the glass is broken! We do care, we don't like delivering damaged goods anymore than you like getting them. About the postage due, mailing rates are moving towards what can be sorted by machine, and what has to be manually sorted. Also, I have seen a large increase in postage due on small bubble mailings. Part of this is because if you put delivery confirmation, and first class postage on an envelope that is not a specific thickness, it must be sent priority mail, instead of first class. I just love explaining this to people ten times a day. Anyway, this is relatively new, and all I can suggest is to talk to a window clerk once, and get the low-down on the rates. Thanks

That's not exactly correct according to the USPS web page. First Class / Parcel is up to 13 ounces. After that it becomes Priority Mail reguardless of weight.

I suspect a bigger error here is some postal employees forgetting that a FOREVER stamp went up in value, even if the stamp was sold prior to the recent rate increase. I've caught both the Seattle Federal building post office and Everett Main post office on that error. In addition, people have forgotten that due to thickness, pins are almost automatically First Class / Parcel.

But one problem I will lay at the door of USPS. The "glue" of several recent self adhesive stamps appears to be weaker than normal. I have actually had stamps pealing off of my envelope as it was given to the postman at the counter. This appears to be more of a problem for those of us who recycle envelopes as the tape lends itself to stamps pealing off. So while I'm all for saving the environment, old envelopes are now going to become pin padding, and a fresh new envelope will be used for mailing.

Hi,
I always use bubble wrap and if I get a package from Disney store they have this nice comic tissue paper they sometimes send I re-use that and the bubble wrap from the trades I receive (recyling lol)
I am actually away to get new jiffy bags today lol and fast running out of sticky labels!!!
Ebay is terrible for packaging I ve received some real bad ones in the past , I even got a gaming miniature (plastic) in a see through plastic bag!!!! luck it was not a rare lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back