• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I hope this isn't a fake...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this isn't a fake...

ckuhrt21

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
So I took a chance on a pin I've been wanting for a while. Pin 80553: DisneyShopping - Jumbo Pin Jessica Rabbit as Jasmine Halloween Series

Now, this seller on that auction site has perfect feedback and looks to be selling other genuine pins and vinyls.

Now, I looked back at a few other threads it looks like this one might be different than one that was pictured that was real. Mind you this is still in a sealed package so it threw me off a bit, plus I'm hearing more and more now that pins of this nature are coming like this and could be fake. some of the numbers on the sticker aren't exactly the same as one in another thread. I don't want to open it or take off the sticker if folks think this could be a fake.

Has this pin been faked?
IMG_2062.jpg

IMG_2063.jpg

Any suggestions here would be appreciated.

Chris

I would ask the seller A)where they acquired the pin, and B)if it would be all right for you to carefully open the packaging and inspect the pin to validate its authenticity. :)

I don't ever remember these pins being sealed in bubble wrap. I always thought it was simple shiny plastic bags. Does anyone remember DisneyStore sending pins in bubble wrap?

DisneyStore has sent pins in bubble wrap. The Piece of Disney Movie pins that I was able to purchase online came in bubble wrap with a sticker that matched the formatting of this one.

I looked thru my disneystore.com pins and although I could not find the exact pin you have, the Jumbo Halloween character dressed as another character pins for two other years are packaged the same as your pin (all of mine were purchased directly from disney) - you have a legit pin.

I know that series came in bubble wrap. I'd have to look at mine to verify, but by first glance it looks legit. I remember reading something about which characters were on the label... might want to look into past posts about that.

I've looked at a few other threads. The character images look the same as the other, however, some of the numbers do not match as well as one part of the text.

Yes there have been a few pins that came in bubble wrap at that time. The fact that it's still sealed is harder to fake but you really need to look AT the pin itself.

I have two Jessica as Jasmines purchased directly from DS.com...I see some differences betwenn mine and yours, although I am no expert and don't know if these differences mean anything or not. :)

Your description reads "Limited Edition Jessica Rabbit as Jasmine"
My description reads "PIN- JESS AS JASMINE- LE300 followed by a long space asmine (missing the J)

Your very bottom left corner number reads R- 006
My very bottom left corner number reads P- 006 (we would need someone else that purchased this pin from DS.com to verify if they are all like mine with the P, or could have different letters)

Your long sequence of numbers in the bottom left corner end with 3707
On both of my pins, the long sequence of numbers in the bottom left corner end with 3697 (again, we would need someone that purchased this directly to verify if they are all like mine, or could have different numbers)

The last four digits of your top right corner number are different, but mine are both different as well, so I am assuming these numbers will be different on each pin...so I wouldn't worry about that one.

Here are my two stickers:

photo-129.jpg
photo-130.jpg

The MAIN difference that bothers me is the description...that should be consistent with all of the pins.

If this is a fake...they are getting really good. :(

I bought mine directly from DS and still have the package. The pin is in storage so won't be able to get it for a day or two though to confirm.

If you really have to scrutinize it this much, is this hobby really worth it then?

What's wrong with being an informed collector? Is it better to pretend fakes don't exist when they clearly do? I would rather scrutinize a pin sticker for one minute to see if my pin is legit or not, but maybe that's just me. :)

I found my set (directly from disneyshopping.com). Here's the label on my Jessica as Jasmine

ForumRunner_20121005_204118.jpg

and it's sealed just like your pin is.

Last edited:
And the plot thickens...

It's very odd that they would make such differing labels...now I don't know what to think. :)

Yeah, if you open two windows and compare the bar code for the first posting with the bar codes from the other 3 shown here, the second half of the codes look different.

going off the 3 different pictures they all seem to have something different as Theothersteve is J-007 and the other two are different. The number on bottom right is different on Theothersteve's as well 415/01-M11U where as both of proncessbeckys and OP pin has the same numbers/letters 396/01-M15U.

Also the number under the barcode is the same on OP's and Becky's 010181238 and Theothersteves is different 010190545.

there is alot of similarities to the two Becky has to the one the original poster has and differences from all 4 pins.

I would say it is a legit pin as numbers match on a few occasions and are different in certain places on all 4 pins. But to be 100% sure Id say you would have to remove the pin to have a look at it.

Just checked mine. Can add a photo later when I get a chance.

My codes read:

S1-SS-24-CC-3 0942546642
515125 -

Limited Edition Jessica Rabbit as Jasmine

00000026103613 010200544
E-004 452\01-M11L

Also the characters at the top of mine are:
Peter Pan Christopher Robin Wicked Witch

Maybe we should start a thread trying to get a photo for a Disney shopping LE pin from everyone who own it - wouldn't that be cool to have 300 photos of a pin package! :lol:

wow... so 2 pl have the Pin from DS.com..... and the words are diffrent and the numbers dont match.

so crazy... i would have guessed the one with the name spelled wrong was the fake... but not sure how that works when it comes from disney and has diffrent sku numbers and writing. makes u wonder if disney is selling bad pins or if the LE number is not always true? just thinking :facepalm:

I found my set (directly from disneyshopping.com). Here's the label on my Jessica as Jasmine

View attachment 10292

and it's sealed just like your pin is.

I have one as well, still sealed, and it matches everything from the barcode up, but the numbers are slightly different below the barcode, like you have J-007 and I have G-008. It might mean storage location in their warehouse, when the order was packed, etc

So I went back and looked at said sellers feedback/items sold over the last 4 months or so. They have sold 4 of these pins all with the same description. I think this is a fake based on all correspondence with members here. The barcode and name just don't look right. I've asked for a refund. It sucks that we have to deal with this. Anyone want to trade or sell me a real one???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back