• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I think this is fake 74490 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is fake 74490 :(

maxtrexmom

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I traded for this through pin pics and I am thinking the border on the back means it has to be a fake but I was hoping you guys could take a look too, just to confirm... The person I traded with has tons of references so I'm assuming they would know this looks bad. The front is ok but it's much thinner than other Club Penguin pins we have. :( What should I do from here?
a1vyUv0qnSTOPaVveDYNxRYeQIvkRNqIPkKwqOUBv2iL=w446-h595-no
w
auFFCmcTP4dUhJRKQvFvEFqeSglY6w3oBEPe_3VcRzfD=w446-h595-no
y50JsdZQiK03HVctjcVK_WyVwi2JrE12G_jdTKTk9DTm=w446-h595-no

To me, it looks like a pin with a back I would get if I bought a lot of pins on eBay...Not gonna sugar coat, your border is really bad.. :(
Even if a person has a lot of references, it doesn't necessarily mean they are good at picking out scrappers or not..maybe all the people they traded with just didn't notice..or maybe they just missed it by accident.
There's always a possibility they were trying to pull the wool over your eyes, but there are always other issues that factor in :)

I hope that helps and I'm sorry if I kept rambling haha..

Yep. Not only is there a border but Mickey's ears are too small and the heads are too far apart compared to real pins.

Indeed a counterfeit, like others said :C but before you get angry at the trader, you should determine if they knew it was counterfeit when they sent it to you! If they did you'll probably want to make a note of it in their references so others know, but if their references are good they might just be unaware and maybe they'll give you your pin back or a different pin :)

Yeah, I'm not really mad or anything, just a little disappointed. More than anything it just bums me out to know there are fake Club Penguin pins because my boys collect them and I hadn't seen any fakes before today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back