• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I traded for a fake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I traded for a fake

wonderwoman3553

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I was at the Disneyland on Friday and I traded an le 5000 for a Paris princess pin the other pin 69782 Cheshire Cat bottlecap is a fake. I am not angry at the trader. I am hurt, angry and disappointed at myself. I want to go and tell that trader but I don't want to cause any friction. What should I do? Please any advice would be great.

Ugh I'm sorry that happened... Hopefully the trader didn't know? Maybe go back and just politely point out that it's a fake, and that you would't have traded had you known? I would trade back if I were the other trader, so maybe you'll get lucky? Good luck!!!

I hate that. Honestly, I see fakes in the park all the time (I'm not sure if you were trading with a CM or with another pin collector). I started my alphabet set in the park and got around half of them there. All fake. I know that half of why I collect pins is what they mean to me/memories/sentimental value, but still, it irks me that scrappers are so prevalent!

Sorry you had a bad experience. :(

Aww! What a bummer! :/ I recently discovered that one of my absolute favorite pins was a fake. My first pin, in fact. It broke my heart. But I still love it since it has so much memory attached to it. But I know the pain.

~Merlin

Please I would really like some advice right about now.

I'm really, truly sorry. Getting a fake pin really is a disappointment. Please, don't be hard on yourself, you didn't do anything wrong. The way my friends and I think about it is, would you be OK if you found out that that diamond you just bought was CZ?

I would give you two pieces of advice. One, you are now a better person for the experience and have definitely learned something, and knowledge is invaluable. Two, you can make a choice; you either take it in stride and reassure yourself that you will not let yourself be fooled again and make it your prerogative to educate yourself so it doesn't happen again (wise regardless) or you can politely ask for your pin back in trade. If the person is honest, they should legitimately feel bad and be willing to work it out with you. If they are mean or belligerent, you know not to ever buy/trade from them again.

Don't ever let anything ruin pin trading for you! Educate yourself with our wonderful resources here in the Pin Comparison section and know that no one will be able to fool you in the future and happy trading!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back