• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I won't say I'm in love with (Counterfeit?) Megara pin 13576

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't say I'm in love with (Counterfeit?) Megara pin 13576

ladyroselie

Water Talent Fairy
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Hello all,

[I am reviving an old topic, this may need to be merged with the old thread about this pin]

Megara 13576 open edition

I bought this from a 100% feedback seller on eBay before I knew there was a fake version available, I also bought a Fantasia Autumn Fairy pin from her that looks good, and she didn't sell a ton of pins, but she may not have know if it was a fake.

I think I have a legit pin. Her fingers have graduated lengths, her lines are clean, the colors are right, she is hefty and smooth, and she has a pin nub.

However, the toe of her left foot wasn't stamped in well and is mostly gold and her back stamp is a little too far to the left. Because this is an open addition I am thinking she may just have some QC issues, as she does not have: the incorrect hairband color, the ear colored brown, or the all same-length fingers.

If anyone can shed some light I would appreciate it, I have studied the photos in the old thread and am still not 100% sure. Thank you for helping this newbie out in advance!

My camera is not up to snuff (last 3 photos), the first two are from the eBay listing:

I have this pin and traded it with a trusted person here. I will take a peek at mine for you later.

Thank you so much, that would be great!

I really think this one may just have a weirdly centered stamp, because the more I look at her all the lines are so sharp and the detail is really good. Especially on the hand that holds the flower, the fingers are properly graduated and clearly defined.

Since your pics are blurry, I can tell much. Sorry.

But, I would suggest to look at the hand w/o the flower. If the fingers are different sizes, then probably you are good. In my fake one, all fingers hit one same line, middle finger is not any longer than others.

Since your pics are blurry, I can tell much. Sorry.

But, I would suggest to look at the hand w/o the flower. If the fingers are different sizes, then probably you are good. In my fake one, all fingers hit one same line, middle finger is not any longer than others.

Thanks for the input! The fingers are all different, the middle is slightly longer. They are defiantly not all the same length.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back