• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Open Game: Ideas Needed for Next Pin Game(s)

Open Game: Ideas Needed for Next Pin Game(s)

mybabykelly

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
297   0   0
Pin games have been hit or miss lately, but I really enjoy hosting and I could definitely use the extra cash for all my extra hobbies :p I'm going to be hosting a series of 5 pin games in the next few months, each game with 15 spots costing $16 each with a flat shipping rate of $5. If a member participates in all five pin games, they will be in the running for a bonus "Grand Prize Drawing" for a HTF pin that will be revealed once the first game is posted. A member that participates in all five games can combine shipping so you won't need to pay any additional shipping.

For example, I purchase 2 spots in Game One, 4 spots in Game Two, 3 spots in Game Three, and 1 spot in Game 4. 1 spot in Game Five. That means I would receive 11 spots in the "Grand Prize Drawing" free of charge. However, if I failed to participate in Game Two, I would not be eligible to participate in the "Grand Prize Drawing".

Here's where I need your help, especially from my loyal players! Vote on pin themes you would like to see as prizes in the games. If you love Stitch and Cruella, I will try to include some prizes from that theme. If you love park/ride pins, I will try to pull some pins from that theme. Comment below with your suggestions and I will do my best to pull prizes that fit that theme in at least a few of the games :)

Admins: sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot, not sure where it belongs but since it pertains to pin games I assumed here. My apologies in advance if I am incorrect!

Last edited:
Price sensitivity is always my biggest hurdle in any game. Most of what I would be looking out for is what I collect: Mickey (very selective on these, more and more Mickey in unique costume), Maleficent (usually alone), Moana (all from movie), Star Wars (focus on Leia, Rey, Droids), select Marvel, DLR 60th anniversary pins, characters in costume, hidden disney/mickey, Stitch for daughter, cute villains.

Will look forward to seeing your future games!

Price sensitivity is always my biggest hurdle in any game. Most of what I would be looking out for is what I collect: Mickey (very selective on these, more and more Mickey in unique costume), Maleficent (usually alone), Moana (all from movie), Star Wars (focus on Leia, Rey, Droids), select Marvel, DLR 60th anniversary pins, characters in costume, hidden disney/mickey, Stitch for daughter, cute villains.

Will look forward to seeing your future games!
Thank you Anne, I have lots of those themes and will keep them in mind for the games :) Stay tuned!

I love games. But for me it comes down to price. Since I pay a lot more for shipping I think before I participate. Say the spots cost 30 dollars each. And then say 10 dollars shipping. I think it actually is more like 15 but say 10 to make it easy. Then I want to find at least say 5 pins that I would pay 40 dollars or more for to participate. Unless its a super high want as the grand prize. Then it might still be worth it.

I also like to see that I would want at least a few of them for my personal collection. If it comes down to just traders for me I could rather just buy the pin I need. But then again its just not as fun! Games are så fun :D

As for themes Minne and Chip and Dale always works for me. Olaf too but I dont miss as many there so Chip and Dale and Minnie is easier

I love games. But for me it comes down to price. Since I pay a lot more for shipping I think before I participate. Say the spots cost 30 dollars each. And then say 10 dollars shipping. I think it actually is more like 15 but say 10 to make it easy. Then I want to find at least say 5 pins that I would pay 40 dollars or more for to participate. Unless its a super high want as the grand prize. Then it might still be worth it.

I also like to see that I would want at least a few of them for my personal collection. If it comes down to just traders for me I could rather just buy the pin I need. But then again its just not as fun! Games are så fun :D

As for themes Minne and Chip and Dale always works for me. Olaf too but I dont miss as many there so Chip and Dale and Minnie is easier
Hi Elin!!! Yes totally understandable with the price of shipping and stuff!!! I will be sure to include Chip and Dale as that seems to be a popular theme ;) hope you are doing well friend

For me, I'll usually participate in games if I know I can get either pins for my collection or good traders that are worth the price. I'll only buy a spot if I see a majority of pins that are worth more in retrade value than what I'm paying for the spot, or if the Grand Prize is irresistable to go for. I don't know if I should give my opinion because I'm reaaaaally short on pin funds at the moment, but I love seeing Auctions and Shopping pins, or good traders like DSSH, WDI, etc. If I see a lot of park releases or booster pins I'll usually pass. Or a lot of Fab Five. I love seeing Alice, Dalmatians, and Pooh for me, and yes, Chip and Dale make for good traders :)

For me, I'll usually participate in games if I know I can get either pins for my collection or good traders that are worth the price. I'll only buy a spot if I see a majority of pins that are worth more in retrade value than what I'm paying for the spot, or if the Grand Prize is irresistable to go for. I don't know if I should give my opinion because I'm reaaaaally short on pin funds at the moment, but I love seeing Auctions and Shopping pins, or good traders like DSSH, WDI, etc. If I see a lot of park releases or booster pins I'll usually pass. Or a lot of Fab Five. I love seeing Alice, Dalmatians, and Pooh for me, and yes, Chip and Dale make for good traders :)
Thank you for your helpful feedback :)

I’ll prob give options for the “Grand Prize” so members can pick from different themes. I’m really excited to plan and start posting soon!

Whatever would workout as good traders! I don’t have many pins I want and would actually keep for my collection so it’d just be stuff to get people interested in for trades. But definitely excited for that grand prize!

Echoing similar thoughts to what Katrina posted, that's how I approach participating in games.
I prefer a wide variety of characters as prizes (and I usually prefer critters to human characters), vs any one particular theme myself, but I have to admit you've done some more fun themes!

Echoing similar thoughts to what Katrina posted, that's how I approach participating in games.
I prefer a wide variety of characters as prizes, vs any one particular theme myself, but I have to admit you've done some more fun themes!
Yay these are all super helpful tips. I plan to spend the weekend pulling pins and can’t wait to see what I come up it!

I think you should consider the timing of games. For some time, it seemed like as one game ended (or was close to selling out), you were putting another game out. I think it was around the holidays. Maybe space it out a bit, like give it a month in between games ending and the start of the next game.

Value is, of course, important. Some people will play for traders, some people want to see at least half the pins as potential keepers before they will play.

I agree with sockgnome’s statements though I tend to skew towards games where I have good odds of ending up with pins for my collection vs traders. Pins I like right now: characters in costumes, castles, AIW/tea party, Star Wars, fun features (spinners, dioramas, glow in dark, etc).

I have only played a few pay-to-play games on this forum. The things that factor into me playing are the price point and the odd of me getting a pin for my collection.

I know I have been tempted to play a few of your games in the past. I hope you are able to fill some games.

For me, I tend to look for Scrooge, Chip/Dale, Mandalorian/Ahsoka pins.

Back