• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

If you make your own pin pages....

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you make your own pin pages....

mom24k9s

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
What kind of material do you use? Do you sew them? What do you use for the protective pages?

I'm after all kinds of helpful hints! My main collection is Halloween pins, which have a lot of black in them and so they don't show up so well on the black backgrounds of the ready made pin bags. I'd like to make some of my own with some other colors. I've tried using those foam sheets from the craft stores, which are pretty stiff and easy to turn but those seem to fat and the Mickey pinbacks tend to fall off. I'm not a real crafty person, but I can sew if I have to. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I love Disney Halloween Pins...

I have my Halloween Pins in a shadow box...

mail-3.jpg

Always out for Halloween [=

Marcia, That shadowbox is too pretty! Love the spiderwebs! Maybe I could do something like that for my favorites.

Judy, I've tried felt, but I'm not sure how to do the holes for the binder clips. I've tried a paper punch, but it's not sharp enough to go through the felt and I've tried plain scissors, but then the pages seem to want to tear.

we use heavy stiffened craft felt, doubled and stitched at the part that fits in the 3 ring binders.
using a leatherworkers punch for the holes , either a hand held or a hammer driven one (this you might not have but you might find some boyscout to borrow one from) pages of plain felt to seperate and keep em from scratching.

that has worked very well for our home made ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back