• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I'm a freak / needed plastic bins to protect pins from Hurricane Irma!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a freak / needed plastic bins to protect pins from Hurricane Irma!

LeisaV

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other people at Lowes and Home Depot...where's your plywood, fans, water....
me: where are your plastic bins? I need to protect my pin collection!

im bringing them into the closet with the family if (when) thing get bad :eek:

anyone else as crazy as me?

Nope. I've been organizing my room and had yet to use a couple plastic containers. I put my dolls and vinyls in it today and pins tomorrow. The only things I bought just in case were plastic wrap, duct tape, and silicone in case I need to seal myself in from the water.

I'd be doing the same thing! They have way too much sentimental value to me. I'll be keeping you, chubs, and the other FL members in my thoughts. Please stay as safe as possible and check in with us when you can. <3

It's not just my pins in concerned about. I have a huge American Girl collection in the original style trunks (aside from plastic bins)that I keep up on bricks in my room (we had a minor leak a few years ago). That's my "couldn't have it as a kid, have it ALL as an adult" collection. my pins, and I just started to put stuff on cork boards as opposed to them all being in pin bags. Plus my art collection up on the walls. Stuff can be replaced I know, but so much of that is original pieces, limited run prints, and pieces gifted to my by the artist. I couldnt care less about my TV or PS3, but my guitars have survived one flood already, I'm kicking myself for not getting a second hard case for my Strat, though my aucoustic is in a hard case. My books, my antique mirror... oye.

this house better be fine! Ain't nobody got time for this!

So no. You're not a freak.

Well, you all be safe! Looks like there's been a west shift, not good for my friends on the west coast or Disney. I went through Andrew while living in Kendall-not taking this lightly. Godspeed.

We just finished making our 'go bag' of irreplaceable pins & will trash bag wrap the pin boards in a bit

I'm just sticking everything in plastic bags! And throwing the more important items into a plastic storage trunk. We're not expecting flooding in our area, so the worst that could happen is that a window could break. Crossing my fingers for y'all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back