• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Jessica Rabbit Decades and Costume Scrappers or Fakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jessica Rabbit Decades and Costume Scrappers or Fakes?

disneypastor

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if anyone has any information about the Jessica Rabbit Decades release from DSF being a fake? Out of nowhere, there seem to be far more of these pins than ever before at suspiciously cheap prices. I won one in a second chance bid, but now am worried it'll be fake. Is this a problem? I've never heard of DSF pins being faked or scrappers, but anything is possible.

How about the Jessica Rabbit costume ones from the Disney Store? Specifically the ones like Jessica as Ursula or as Tink or as.... you get the idea. Any input? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
is definitely a seller of fakes...I would be leery of anything they sell. :( I know Jessica as Alice and Jessica as Hook have been faked...and DSF and WDI pins have been faked as well....so if you start seeing a bunch of these pop up for sale (especially from these sellers)...that is a pretty telltale sign that fakes are out there...unfortunately. :(

Just looked at as well...yeah I would steer clear of that seller too. They have hundreds of pins for sale...where a ton of them have scrapper warnings and/or you see all over CM lanyards. And they are from ...how are they conveniently getting such an influx of pins?

Hey guys. It is in fact against DPF rules to say actual user names on the boards. You can only mention them in pms. Don't want anyone getting kicked out.

Thanks uptownbabe. I'm new to the boards and just wondered if scrappers were being made of these pins. I have noticed some authentic decades pins going for reasonable rates so that one I wasn't sure about, but I was really suspicious of the Jessica Halloween ones. Thanks everyone for the input.

Have you checked pinpics to see if there were warnings on the pins? That is the best way to know.

Yes, I do check pin pics regularly and have found that there hasn't been any updates about the pins I was curious about. Thanks though.

I, too, have just gotten 3 DSF Jessica decades pins through a seller on this board for a great price. They came sealed on their cards. Hope they're not fakes.

The Jessica decades don't have scrappers (yet) that I know of. But the Jessica dressed up as various characters (Ursula, etc.) have scrappers.

Sadly many of the Jessica as pins have been scrapped. And I am not so sure that the DSF Decades series has not been scrapped, and as you said disneypastor there are an overwhelming amount of them for sale, even on card and in package, which would not be so hard to replicate. I mean very few DSF cards are in different packaging. Couldn't scrapper sellers just be recycling the backer cards and plastic sleeves from other pins? I know mine are all authentic because they were purchased at DSF, but I'd be interested in buying some of the ones off of ebay and comparing because I find it really hard to believe that there are so many authentic LE300 Jessica pins that are being sold all at once and from the same sellers.

From what I understand, they aren't being faked/scrapped yet... they are simply not in high demand because they aren't that old yet... Even though they are all LE300. I have ordered a few from Ebay, and I'm getting them soon... I'll post pics when I get them, and if they are fake/scrappers I WILL be sending them back. I'm not buying from either of the two sellers you mentioned though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back