• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Jessica Rabbit Premium Format Photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, looks good to me. :) It wasn't actually up on the site, though...did you get the pics at a con, or through their newsletter...?

Any idea when pre-orders start?

Jessica

Very nice! Am I seeing the pic correctly? Will the statue have a cloth dress?
Yes, the statue will have a cloth dress, as a lot of their premium format figures do like Maleficent and The Evil Queen.

Abyssinian28 said:
It wasn't actually up on the site, though...did you get the pics at a con, or through their newsletter...? Any idea when pre-orders start?
It actually is on their site, but not very obvious: Jessica Rabbit PF
It seems from that page and their message boards that this is going to be a statue everyone wants to get their hands on, even people who aren't a fan. Hopefully at Comic Con they will announce when the pre-orders will start, and more info - like what the exclusive version of this will be.

Yes, the statue will have a cloth dress, as a lot of their premium format figures do like Maleficent and The Evil Queen.

It actually is on their site, but not very obvious: Jessica Rabbit PF
It seems from that page and their message boards that this is going to be a statue everyone wants to get their hands on, even people who aren't a fan. Hopefully at Comic Con they will announce when the pre-orders will start, and more info - like what the exclusive version of this will be.

Very VERY nice! I checked out their site (thanks for the link) and they have made a ton of great figures/statues. Will definitely have to bookmark this site. :bigthumb:

I just love this character. She brings the oomph in cartoons. I was wondering who could play Jessica Rabbit in real life. I came down to Camilla Akrans, Katy Perry, Joan Holloway, Christina Hendricks and Melyssa Ford.

I just love this character. She brings the oomph in cartoons. I was wondering who could play Jessica Rabbit in real life. I came down to Camilla Akrans, Katy Perry, Joan Holloway, Christina Hendricks and Melyssa Ford.

No one- her dimensions would look terrifying on a real person. LOL!

I was wondering who could play Jessica Rabbit in real life.
I agree, there really isn't a woman who could play her, no one has the correct proportions. If I was forced to pick I'd say Christina Hendricks. I think thats why a Jessica walk-around in the parks wouldn't work using a real woman - my reasoning also being - you could argue that Cinderella, Peter Pan, Snow White, Aladdin - are really humans and their story is just told through cartoon. However Jessica is really supposed to be a cartoon in the human world - therefore she couldn't be played by a human, it would ruin it. I could see her as a costumed character - though that would be one heck of a costume. Betty Boop, Popeye and Olive Oyl were like that originally at Universal Studios. Now they just have real people walking around there dressed like them with no mask, and it just does not look right at all.

interesting. I'll be at comic con for event photos/press coverage :) If i see it, ill get some pics :p

I agree, there really isn't a woman who could play her, no one has the correct proportions. If I was forced to pick I'd say Christina Hendricks.

:drool:

although the old Heidi Klum photo from GQ a few years ago was pretty good.

8vDzE.jpg

I actually kind of want to do a series photos with people as disney characters :eek: Coordinating makeup/hair/wardrobe is really difficult, though :/

You can see more of the Jessica Rabbit statue in process of being made on the artists site:
Art Of Schu
Go to "Sculpture" and then to Jessica.
It's going to be amazing :D

The full Jessica statue has been revealed. There is a real dress, the base is part of her stage from the Ink and Paint Club, and the Exclusive Edition will come with a Penguin Waiter!! The pre-order date should be revealed at Comic Con. It looks amazing!

Just letting everyone know that the full info on the Jessica Rabbit Premium Format will be revealed on August 16th - and the pre-orders will start on August 18th. From what I understand, Sideshow toys is in California, and people do wait until midnight to place orders - much like Disney pins. So looks like that will be a late night for me! The statue is about $325 so it's not cheap but looks like a lot of people are interested in it.

The Exclusive Jessica Rabbit Premium Format Figure, which will include a Fine Art Print, will be priced at $324.99 and will have a 10%, or $32.50 Non-Refundable Deposit required 24 to 48 hours after a Pre-Order is placed. Additionally, the regular version, without the print will be available for Pre-Order and also priced at $324.99. Also, both versions of the Jessica Rabbit Premium Format Figure will be sold on a first come, first served basis, and will have the FLEXPay option available as a payment choice when placing your Pre-Order. Make sure you log into your newsletter account on August 18th, 2011 to secure this piece for your collection.

want.

....has anyone been able to order it yet? It just redirects me to the old page...I guess it's not up yet.

EDIT:

Hmmm, there's little banner on top that implies that it's been pushed back a week. Unless it's an old banner. Curiouser and curiouser...

Last edited:
I ordered the Exclusive version today at 5pm. It says it went through and other people are ordering, should be able to get it now if you order.

is the exclusive version priced differently? that's the one that comes with the penguin waiter, correct?

But she has no feet!!!! That's my big deal with Sideshow Collectibles. They did all the stuff for Lord of the Rings along with Weta and none of their statues had feet. Why no feet???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back