• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Just saw some Disney Mac make-up on ebay, oooooee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw some Disney Mac make-up on ebay, oooooee!

Belle

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I know they've been out for a while but didn't know there were so many!
The one I saw was some blusher with the evil queen on the lid, very tempted..
Anyone have any of the others? Do you class it as a collectible? Not sure I would use the blusher myself lol :p

Back when they came out, I purchased and used the Maleficent eye shadow, and the Cruella lip gloss. Both had super cute packaging, but the sticker on the lip gloss rubbed off. They're generally super expensive on ebay now because they're several years old. And really, it's just a high quality sticker added to their normal packaging, so unless you love the color I don't think it's worth the price.
Were you aware the Sephora has a Cinderella make up collection right now? http://www.sephora.com/disney-cinderella-collection
I bought the mirror, both eye shadow palettes, and the nail polish. My favorites are the Compact Mirror and the Storylook eyeshadow palette. The mirror is beautiful, has a nice weight to it, and has a magnifying mirror on one side. It's much better than the Designer Collection Snow White Mirror, which is rather flimsy. And the Eyeshadow palette has great colors, plus the box is super pretty, and can be reused to store jewelry or whatever once you're done with it. I personally would recommend this collection over acquiring the MAC Venomous Villains collection secondhand on ebay.

Oh it is just a sticker? :| That sounds cheap lol. I wasn't aware I live in the United Kingdom and not sure if we have that store here.
The Cinderella collection does look very elegant though and I especially like the look of the perfume :)

We used to have Sephora in the 90s but not anymore. Who knows if they return.
That Cinderella mirror is designed brilliantly, I'm not a big make up person but I wouldn't mind carrying that about in my rucksack (not a handbag girl either, lol).

It's not noticeably a sticker... I wouldn't say it looks cheap, but the image on the packaging fades off rather easily under normal use (ie, carrying around the make-up in your purse for touch-ups throughout the day). It's good quality makeup. The collection sold in 2010 and sold out very quickly.
I would recommend reading the reviews here if you want more info (and they also have great pictures, I love this blog although it does encourage me to buy way too much makeup) http://www.temptalia.com/mac-venomous-villains-evil-queen-review-photos-swatches

I have a few pieces from the collection and I adore them, just be careful with the mac makeup on ebay, a large portion of it is fake, even some of the villians pieces, I've seen fake eyeshadow quads that weren't even in the actual collection. However, most CCO stores have pieces of the Villians collection left, though the last couple of times mine has been all out.

ELF cosmetics did a disney villains line for halloween... I was not lucky enough to pick one up... :/ I don't know about you guys but I like ELF the products are good quality, for such a good price.

E.L.F.-Cosmetics-Disney-Villains-Palettes.jpg

Sephora is doing EVERY princess in the next few years I heard!! I really want a rapunzel line. That would be my dream come true.

We used to have Sephora in the 90s but not anymore. Who knows if they return.
That Cinderella mirror is designed brilliantly, I'm not a big make up person but I wouldn't mind carrying that about in my rucksack (not a handbag girl either, lol).

The mirror is beautiful as well :)

It's not noticeably a sticker... I wouldn't say it looks cheap, but the image on the packaging fades off rather easily under normal use (ie, carrying around the make-up in your purse for touch-ups throughout the day). It's good quality makeup. The collection sold in 2010 and sold out very quickly.
I would recommend reading the reviews here if you want more info (and they also have great pictures, I love this blog although it does encourage me to buy way too much makeup) http://www.temptalia.com/mac-venomous-villains-evil-queen-review-photos-swatches

Thanks for that link I read the review and I still might buy something from the collection to judge for myself :)

I have a few pieces from the collection and I adore them, just be careful with the mac makeup on ebay, a large portion of it is fake, even some of the villians pieces, I've seen fake eyeshadow quads that weren't even in the actual collection. However, most CCO stores have pieces of the Villians collection left, though the last couple of times mine has been all out.

Thanks for the warning, I might try my nearest store and check with them soon :)

I was one of those crazy people that went to half a dozen stores to get the Villains Mac stuff. I had the best luck at my local Macy's. Their Mac counter is never very busy and I walked right up and found just about everything in stock. Too bad I didn't start there. LOL. I keep all my make up in cosmetic bags (another thing I love)- I stopped carrying lots of make up in my purse because of melting issues so I don't know how the cases would hold up but they just bring a smile to my face everytime I see and use them. The make-up itself is fabulous. I own tons of other Mac stuff too (love love love the Company Stores at the outlet malls for discounted eye shadow and lip gloss) and it was great that most of the Evil Queen and Maleficent line was in colors that I can wear. The red Cruella lip gloss is one of the prettiest reds I own.

I think I was too late for the Sephora Cinderella line. I went to my local Sephora two weekends ago and not a sign of it anywhere :0( But if they do a Sleeping Beauty line, I'm in big trouble.....

I was one of those crazy people that went to half a dozen stores to get the Villains Mac stuff. I had the best luck at my local Macy's. Their Mac counter is never very busy and I walked right up and found just about everything in stock. Too bad I didn't start there. LOL. I keep all my make up in cosmetic bags (another thing I love)- I stopped carrying lots of make up in my purse because of melting issues so I don't know how the cases would hold up but they just bring a smile to my face everytime I see and use them. The make-up itself is fabulous. I own tons of other Mac stuff too (love love love the Company Stores at the outlet malls for discounted eye shadow and lip gloss) and it was great that most of the Evil Queen and Maleficent line was in colors that I can wear. The red Cruella lip gloss is one of the prettiest reds I own.

I think I was too late for the Sephora Cinderella line. I went to my local Sephora two weekends ago and not a sign of it anywhere :0( But if they do a Sleeping Beauty line, I'm in big trouble.....

I am really jealous you have most of the Villain Make-Up! I really like the look of the Mac Hot House lip gloss it is really sparkly on the lips :D

Same with Snow White, in fact I just googled it and some Snow White and The Huntsman make-up popped up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back