• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Making frames?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making frames?

reeneibakini

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Hey guys
I was just wondering how do you make your frames? Like to you just pin the pins to a piece of cardboard (covered with fabric/picture) or what? And does the glass not scratch the pins? I am pretty much just wondering how you put them together :)

I generally try to find frames that are deep enough to find the pin and its post in it. Usually, those frames have two layers of cardboard in between the glass and the back so I know the pins will fit in it. I just arrange the pins, push the cardboard on the back, and put the frame back onto it. I'd imagine you could probably use any frame and use cardboard as the back and push the pins through it and put pin backs on.

I've never had the glass scratch the pins because they don't move around once I place them in the frame. As far as backgrounds, I usually print something from the internet or use nice paper like scrapbooking paper.

Hope this answers your questions!

If you do fear the pin touching the glass, you can always put a thick mat between the glass and the pinart. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back