• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Maleficent 2014 Merchandise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maleficent 2014 Merchandise
My serious question is, if DS does a 17" LE Maleficent (which seems pretty much a gimme at this point), how are they going to fit her horns inside the box? There's not much headroom as it is and her horns add more height than a second head would.

Uuuu... I'll take a Dark Beauty version, uhm.. not sure about the Coronation one will have to see it in person. Thanks to Designer Maleficent :D, I'm looking forward to newer Maleficent's for me to buy lol. Not big fan of Angelina, but yes for her Maleficent character. Also looking forward to the movie. Need to watch Sleeping Beauty ^^ (not sure if I have when I was younger). Just watched the TLM the other day, amazing. Ursula man Evil! hehe...

i love her cover of the song. it fits. it just fits. i should mention that i am not really a fan of lana del rey, but she has her awesome moments for me.

i heard that the script was fake? o:

until i see the finished version, i don't really like to comment on the "maybes". it's like the bioshock infinite thing. they had so many changes, it was just like "might as well wait until the actual product comes out". that said, i can understand your concerns. :c it's kind of scary when they take a beloved tale and decide to tell it differently. but at least some positives will probably come out of this movie, like new merchandise and cool special effects as seen in the trailer! so even if it sucks, there are redeeming qualities (LOL, i'm so horrible).

i need to watch the last airbender and see why people dislike it so much. i need to open my eyes to the awful. ; u;

i don't know. like i said, not really a fan of aurora (urgh, out of all the possible people to cast) but jolie look like she is going to kick some major... good (cause she is evil, get it? lol ahahahaha... /cries)

i'm biased cause i actually liked alice in wonderland, especially all the characters and the settings. oz was meh but enjoyable. again, i liked the characters and settings.

whenever i am excited for something and hope that it doesn't turn out badly, i usually go "they might make a remake in 40 years, maybe they will get it right then" or i just go into the theater and focus on the parts i liked. like her costume. it's sooooooooo cool. and the little fairies! yaaaaaay.

Oh no I love the cover lol its just the more I listen to it the more I think about the state of the film and if it will be good. Merchandise and hopefully Angelina's excellent acting I say would be the redeming qualities of the film if it turns out bad. The script has gone through a lot of changes (I mean a LOT) due to two more writers being brought onto the project (one of them is Paul Dini, the writer of the Batman, Superman, and Justice League cartoons), so im hoping it isn't anywhere near like the original script. I mean, it was SO bad. Im talking fan fiction quality. But yeah regardless some good will come out of it and there really will always be the original movie (especially where it is getting re-released this fall).

I'm not a fan of Lana Del Ray but her version of "Once upon a dream " is amazing! The new trailer looks very promising, I can't wait for the movie. Even if the movie is awful at least we will get new Merchandise:) I think it will be good though, and fingers crossed it's excellent! But their will always be people who love the original and no matter what will hate this new film, I love the original but will go in expecting their to be a lot of changes and hopefully I will like it:)

The cover song and the casting is good though. At first I wasn't keen on the casting choice for Aurora but I have changed my mind. What other actress is blonde, can act and is pretty and also the same age as Aurora? Jolie will be amazing.

I don't understand the hate Alice and Oz get:s they were both very good, I especially liked Oz. I went to see it with all my family who usually don't like Disney films but all loved Oz! So as long as maleficent is as good or better than them I will be happy:)

I am still very excited for the film. I am worried that it will be bad, but if the script really has been completely revised, then I am okay. There is a lot of talent going on in front of and behind the camera, so its chances of sucking are low. And regardless of if its bad or not, Angelina will be amazing as Maleficent, and I am sure Elle Fanning will be a good Aurora too.

I think the hate for Oz and Alice is that they weren't what people were expecting. To me, Oz and Alice were good high quality films, but were disappointed. There was parts of the stories I didn't like for example. Alice didn't even feel like a sequel to the original to me. It felt like a fantasy adventure film that was loosely inspired by the original book. There just felt like there were a lot of missed opportunities. But they are good films and very well made. Just they were disappointed to me and a lot of other people.

My serious question is, if DS does a 17" LE Maleficent (which seems pretty much a gimme at this point), how are they going to fit her horns inside the box? There's not much headroom as it is and her horns add more height than a second head would.

You'd think that the actual doll will be 17", including the horns.
Like Ursula. I'm pretty sure her hair was at least an inch.

You'd think that the actual doll will be 17", including the horns.
Like Ursula. I'm pretty sure her hair was at least an inch.

I would say Maleficent will be 18" like Cinderella, Tiana and Prince Eric.

I also think her head would be raised a bit so that her horns are not pointed straight up but at a diagonal angle instead so that they will utilize the width of the box rather than the height.

Ive really fallen in love with the Lana Del Rey version of "Once Upon a Dream"

Id like to see dolls based off of the movie, similar to what was done for Oz.

But last night I had a dream that we got a LE doll of Maleficent when the movie came out, and then LE of Aurora and Phillip when the dvd release comes out in Fall. That would be awesome, to break up the sales/money spent.

Ive really fallen in love with the Lana Del Rey version of "Once Upon a Dream"

Id like to see dolls based off of the movie, similar to what was done for Oz.

But last night I had a dream that we got a LE doll of Maleficent when the movie came out, and then LE of Aurora and Phillip when the dvd release comes out in Fall. That would be awesome, to break up the sales/money spent.

I would love that too and also a gift set of the 12 inch dolls including the king would be awesome.

Im nervous about potentially having three LE dolls released with the movie in the fall (at least thats my hope), as it will be hard trying to get them, and thats a chunk of money all at once. So having a LE maleficent release in Spring and then hopefully a LE Auroa, and a LE Phillip in the Fall would make it a little easier.

finger crossed.

I hope SO too!! Disney is making all these beautiful dolls so hard to pass up!! Hopefully we have a little break in between to save up!! Maleficent sounds amazing, but so does the Sleeping Beauty collection!!! And can't forget couples number 2 =)

I feel confident that we will see a LE Maleficent and Aurora this year. Im hoping for a LE Phillip as well since the sales of Eric from TLM were good. I think there is a market for the men in dolls as well.

I feel confident that we will see a LE Maleficent and Aurora this year. Im hoping for a LE Phillip as well since the sales of Eric from TLM were good. I think there is a market for the men in dolls as well.

Don't know much about the LE dolls, but a designer couple Aurora/Phillip would be bliss for me.

But... when it comes to re-selling, Eric doesn't seem popular. I've seen it mostly sold for retail price or sometimes less. But, I guess they could just make a Phillip doll with the same low amount as Eric.
I wouldn't be interested though... not in any male character to be honest - unless it's the fairytale couples.

But... when it comes to re-selling, Eric doesn't seem popular. I've seen it mostly sold for retail price or sometimes less. But, I guess they could just make a Phillip doll with the same low amount as Eric.
I wouldn't be interested though... not in any male character to be honest - unless it's the fairytale couples.

Yeah, him and Ursula are both selling for about retail on the secondary market. So maybe the reason they sold out was all the scalpers buying them up. Kind of makes me happy that they are having trouble reselling them and marking them up. Hhahaha

I am a huge Angelina Jolie fan have been since I saw Gia:drool: and Tomb Raider I am also a big Maleficent fan(shes one of my favorite female Disney villains) so I hope that there are dolls released foe the maleficent movie that have Angelina Jolies likeness. Would love a 17" one as well. Come on Disney make this happen

I am a huge Angelina Jolie fan have been since I saw Gia:drool: and Tomb Raider I am also a big Maleficent fan(shes one of my favorite female Disney villains) so I hope that there are dolls released foe the maleficent movie that have Angelina Jolies likeness. Would love a 17" one as well. Come on Disney make this happen

ei1i7E9.jpg
rQjscBg.jpg

Those Jakks Pacific dolls are nice and I will get them but I hope Disney store puts out 12" dolls like they did for OZ last year because I was highly impressed with those and their likeness to the actresses that played the characters. fingers crossed that Disney store does it again

Those Jakks Pacific dolls are nice and I will get them but I hope Disney store puts out 12" dolls like they did for OZ last year because I was highly impressed with those and their likeness to the actresses that played the characters. fingers crossed that Disney store does it again
Me too, I loveee the wicked witch doll and the quality of her costume. They have to or they will drop the ball big time.

Guys in 99.9% sure that they'll make dolls.
A)they made dolls for Oz and line ranger
B) it's maleficent
C) they will try to capitalize as much as they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back