• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Marking threads/forums read?

Marking threads/forums read?

Duckmite

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Ok, another thing I couldn't figure out. I'm sure I'll find the answer the minute I've done posting this like happened with my last question :rofl:

How do I mark a thread read (hey, it rhymes!) without opening it? The same goes for whole forums. Also, is it/will it be possible to hide a forum? For example, there won't probably ever be a pin trading gathering here in Finland so I wouldn't mind if I didn't have to scroll past a Gatherins Forum whenever I check the site for new messages.

Hi Duckmite! Welcome to DPF!

With regard to the "hiding" fo forums, you can collapse the forum category by clicking on the arrow to the right of the category title bar as seen below:

this will hide the forum from being listed on the front page, provided you do not log out. it will remain persistent and "collapsed" while you are logged in. I have nto yet tested if it stays in your settings (i.e. if you log out and log back in, if it will still be collapsed).

I just checked: the forum _does_ stay collapsed, even after you've logged out. Hope this helps!

Thanks! I did notice the way to collapse a forum _category_ (yes, after I had posted the question...), but I suppose there is no good way to hide a single forum within a category so it would be easy to unhide it when wanted. That would probably mean you'd have to have forum control in user settings which might be a major fix for a minor problem.

Thank you for checking that the category stays collapsed for me, I appreciate it.

Thanks Judy, hadn't noticed that. But I found it only on the top page which I suppose means it marks all forums in all categories read. I would like to be able to mark individual forums as read.
It's under Forum Tools! Dang I'm good!