• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

MG2:KILLER IN THE KINGDOM--the game starts

MG2:KILLER IN THE KINGDOM--the game starts
Congratulations Crystal and great game again Wally.

I had an idea we were looking in the Aladdin film but still wasn't sure on the character as lots of the clues tie to Abu and he was playing.

Looking forward to the next game where hopefully Figment will make a reappearance.

I was nowhere near the answer. I was stuck in Narnia, which I've never seen. I was REALLY confused towards the end when you kept saying that Iago should know something. Iago knew NOTHING! Maybe next time, lol.
Great job, and count me in.

How fun to read everyone's thoughts. I had been leaning towards the Aladdin Movie and for some reason I didn't put the transformation idea to Genie earlier but as soon as I read Dodo's clue I had no doubt - so I called Grim and said I think its Genie and I'm making an arrest - wish me luck lol . . . . :0) Even if I had NO other clue but Dodo's last one I would have know exactly who it was. Thats one of the most memorable parts of the movie for me :0)

Great game Wally!!!! Thanks for everything!!!

And yes Mods - Wally needs a medal!!!
These games take a lot of time to prepare and exectute.

Can't wait for the next one!

wow would never have guessed it was Genie, that was pretty fun and will definatley pay alot closer attention to it in another game.

definitely wally deserves a medal for the game and bring on the next one XD

Great game Wally! I understand how the clues get there. After the revelation that it wasn't in one of the countries/continents listed, I was thinking Narnia, Alladin or Little Mermaid. I wasn't thinking Narnia b/c of Jadis, but couldn't really get between Alladin or TLM as movies b/c the dad from TLM kind of fit many of the clues.

Win or not, I always enjoy the games as a nice diversion. I'm looking forward to the next one, as these games are likely the only way I'll visit TDS in the near future.

now the clues have been explained I can see the logic that has gone behind the thinking of the clues and I have to say it really does make you think and you definitley can give Miss Marple a run for her money XD

Yep, Wally. As I said, *everything* just clicked as soon as Dodo posted his (well her) clue and I knew the killer was the Genie. So, yes, all the clues made sense in the end. :)

Ok folks update time on the next game......too be honest I am debating if I should have it here or move it to another forum. I originally moved it here because a good friend requested that I try it here. Recently however...there has been too much drama on this site. Also I have hosted two games here and had the most views and posts in a thread in a short amount of time Also many people thanking me, but I guess my contributions haven't been enough to geta Contributor medal....maybe I have to cause controversy. Anyway it is possible I may move it or juststop hosting them all together. I will update soon if I will host the next one or not.

I really hope you decide to host another one Wally, as I had so much fun trying to figure it all out and Im looking forward to the next one since I enjoyed my first try. I think you fully deserve a medal for the 2 murder mystery games, even though I only played the 2nd I can imagine the 1st would of been quite as fun as this one.

If you move it please post here where it is going to as I really want to play again :)

Ok folks update time on the next game......too be honest I am debating if I should have it here or move it to another forum. I originally moved it here because a good friend requested that I try it here. Recently however...there has been too much drama on this site. Also I have hosted two games here and had the most views and posts in a thread in a short amount of time Also many people thanking me, but I guess my contributions haven't been enough to geta Contributor medal....maybe I have to cause controversy. Anyway it is possible I may move it or juststop hosting them all together. I will update soon if I will host the next one or not.
Wally, please stay here, and give it some time. No forum is without its controversy at one time or another. give it a chance, more time to get straightened out. a new forum is still growing and its in its teen years so to speak. that is why I have not left. I dont want to let the actions of a few ruin it for all of us. host host host away! pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssseeeeeeeee!!

The antsy-ness of the forum has been a bit much but hopefully the situations fixes itself soon. I just started playing this and had a blast.

Hmmmm....looks like he has already been hosting other games on that forum. Ah well, if he does decide not to run it here I guess that's that. :sad:

Ok folks here is an update on the situation. Let me state for the record that I originallly hosted these games on Dizpins. When Dizpins closed I was invited onto Dq talk to host the games. I have hosted several on there before hosting any here. I was then invited to come here and host the game. I did as a favor to a friend. I will continue to host games here, but I will also host games on the other site. The next game is currently scheduled to possibly be on Dq talk if enough players signup. I am not asking that you come over there if yoou don't want to, but youb are welcome. For those that only want to play here I understand that also and the game after this one will possibly return here. I want to rotate when possible and sometimes two or three in a row will be played on one sight If not enough people signup on any one sight I will rotate back to the other sight Does this make sense?

that makes sense but I can only play here since Im banned on the other forum. I will wait to see if you host another one on here but by that time I might have lost interest in playing again.

UPDATE FOR YOU. I am running a game now, but have prepared another one. It will follow as soon as the current one is finished. I will put up a signup the same day as the other game finishes. I expect maybe mid August. Keep checking back.

Wally, can we push the start date back just a bit, PLEASE? Maybe to the middle/end of September? You're going to be starting a game right before D23 (19-21 August) ... and then the Florida Project is right after (9-11 September) and I know most people who go out for that usually stay at the World for at least a few days after (I know I'm going to). I do want to play, but I *know* I won't be able to keep up at D23 or while at WDW ... and I'm sure I won't be the only person in this same situation.

I totally missed all of these posts . . . . I am sorry I missed the game over there just signed up like a week ago even though I have yet to post or explore it at all . . . but happy to hear there will be another game here!! :0) And I see you got your medal - congrats!!!! The medals are awesome!!!

Back