• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Mickey Mouse gear Series- Any known scrappers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mickey Mouse gear Series- Any known scrappers?

YoSoyAhPuch

hello
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I'm posting this here because after seeing some interesting listings on eBay, I am wondering if there are any known scrappers for these pins:
Pin 77803: DisneyStore.com - Mickey Mouse Gears Series - Cheshire Cat
Pin 77802: DisneyStore.com - Mickey Mouse Gears Series - Pluto
Pin 77801: DisneyStore.com - Mickey Mouse Gears Series - Tinker Bell
Pin 77798: DisneyStore.com - Mickey Mouse Gears Series - Mickey Mouse
Pin 77799: DisneyStore.com - Mickey Mouse Gears Series - Stitch
Pin 77800: DisneyStore.com - Mickey Mouse Gears Series - Jessica Rabbit

Im sure I'm just letting my paranoia getting to me (especially since there are no scrapper warnings on Pin Pics) but if you have any idea or know of any scrapper versions, let me know!

- Alex

34080478.jpg

http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?10962-Mouse-Gears-Steampunk-series-warning

Hi Alex,

I've seen those listings too. I bought a Mickey and Tink Gears pin on eBay a year or so ago. They look pretty authentic but they didn't come with a card so I didn't know what to think exactly. Selen pointed out to me that the real pins have that code printed on the back. I had bought some directly from Disney online so I had those to compare to, and both my Stitch and Chess have the code, but the eBay ones didn't.

But they do look *very* good other than that. Those real pins are a little odd-looking in person anyway; the characters are shiny or coated in some different way to a standard pin. The eBay ones I bought have no borders, sharp edges, paint dips etc. Made me wonder if they were rejected by the factory so they didn't get the code stamped, rather than being actual counterfeit copies. I'll never know! But if you're considering buying, I would PM the seller and ask for a picture of the back of the pin so you can see if the code is there or not.

my 2 cents!

Laura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back