• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Most Popular Pins People Collect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most Popular Pins People Collect
Started with mainly Tinker Bell. Now I am kind of losing interest in her and focusing more on Lady and the Tramp, Aristocats, and 101 Dalmatians. I have to say, it seems almost harder and more expensive to get some of my Lady and the Tramp wants than the Tinks lately.

I have noticed over the years I have changed directions in what I collect, use to like haunted mansion, pirates, but do not really collect to many of them anymore, especially the pirates, I have always collected chip and dale, I do however love the halloween and christmas pins, and never tire of them, I also still will collect some of the princess pins not just the princesses but all characters from the films. but I have been wanting to add more of lady and tramp, aristocats, dalmatians, I have quite a few, but am wanting more of them, probably because they have not saturated the market with them yet, I also collect alice, but am not a fanatic about her, but I do love all disney cats, and will collect them. I never collected stitch pins, but then I collect tower of terror and got the tower of terror pin bag with stitch on it and so then I decided I would collect stitch when he was either reading a book, or had the ducks or frogs with him, and then got some of him dressed up, and now half the pages are full of stitch pins, and I only have two filled with the tower of terror pins.
I also really like the pin of the months pins and have collected some of those sets, and I don't really collect hidden mickey's but while I am at the park I love to go hunting for them and so I have a whole pin bag full of hidden mickey pins.
And I really love the dumbo pins and would like to have more of them.

stitch, alice in wonderland, jessica, and tink are popular. chip and dale seem popular, too. right now, those POMH pins and the monthly "D" pins are pretty popular.

I collect mainly Pluto & other Disney dogs, Stitch, and heroes/villains. I also love characters dressed as other characters and "vehicle" sets like cars, trains, & carousels.

Most Popular Pins..

Well.. we collect Tron (you would probably never have guessed that..), Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Maleficent (mainly as Dragon), and Chernabog. We also have collections of Princesses, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck (happy Don is preferred), Castles, and a few of this and that.. :)

We have been sorting all of our pins and getting them organized in pin bags and we got a nice shadow box with cork board to display some of them, still a work in progress..

Edit:
Oh, and I almost forgot, we have a nice collection of VMK pins. The main one we are missing is the VMK 1963 Tiki Room pin shown in my signature below.. ..and we love the Country Bears pins that we have..

Last edited:
Goofy, Grumpy, mickey ,transportation specifically buses, baseball,figment , Walt Disney,
WDW attractions, Scoop Sanderson, fab 5, and anything else that catches my eye

I started out collecting park signs, but that quickly dissolved into a myriad of other collections. My top five now are: Chip and Dale on Attractions, Barefoot Mickey, Retro Disneyland, Shirtless Donald, and Retro Walt Disney World. This definitely keep me busy. I also collect some of the lesser characters that are more popular at Tokyo and Hong Kong mainly Shiriki Untundu, Chandu, and of course my favorite: Scrump.

mayb ppl dont like nbc pins anymore,,,,,, everyone can send them to me. i will give them a safe and happy home.lol

I mainly collect Haunted Mansion pins, but have expanded a bit to Alice and Pirates. And I have most of the DLR Dateline Disneyland pins & sets including the light blue retro Tink/DLR bag. I LOVE all the DLR Alice April 2nd release pins!

I started out collecting park signs, but that quickly dissolved into a myriad of other collections. My top five now are: Chip and Dale on Attractions, Barefoot Mickey, Retro Disneyland, Shirtless Donald, and Retro Walt Disney World. This definitely keep me busy. I also collect some of the lesser characters that are more popular at Tokyo and Hong Kong mainly Shiriki Untundu, Chandu, and of course my favorite: Scrump.
I never even realized that I hadn't ever seen Mickey Mouse's bare feet before, until you said that you collect barefoot Mickey. Then I became curious, and just had to look it up. So cute! That is a very unique thing for you to collect.

Then again, you have listed many unique themes. :donald: I bet you are excited about the Florida Project pins!

My taste changes so much!

I'd say my main theme I have always collected and never changed my mind on has always been Alice in Wonderland. They were some of my favorite pins from the day I started. I will never forget being in Animal Kingdom on our first Disney trip and I had bought some pins to try out pin trading. This was back in 2005. I had my pins on my lanyard and I came upon a cm who had a Mad Hatter AND a Cheshire Cat on his lanyard and I could not get over to him fast enough to get those pins. lol They have always stood out a lot to me.

When I started out I stuck to more things that the guys would like since I was the only girl in the house...lol It was all Mickey, Donald, Pluto, Haunted Mansion, NBC, Stitch, Captain Hook, etc... After time I all but gave up every one of those and moved on to more of what I really liked for ME... Princess pins!! I started out collecting Snow White #1 but that changed the day I got the Sleeping Beauty/Fairy boxed set. I fell in love with Sleeping Beauty pins. This was about 3 years ago and I have not looked back. haha

So... here is what I would say I collect in order of priority at this point.

1. Alice in Wonderland
2. Sleeping Beauty
3. Characters dressed as other characters (this is where Tink, Jess and Stitch fall in) :)
4. Beauty and the Beast
5. Little Mermaid
6 Robin Hood (mainly Prince John)
7. UP
8. Dumbo
9. Mary Poppins
10. Tangled (I put Tangled here not b/c it is my least fave but b/c I have been wanting to collect these but have had ZERO luck getting my hands on a single on of them.
11. Nurse and Armed forces pins have been working their way into my collection a bit over time as well.
12. Occasionally some Wall-e pins are big faves as well.

There are others I am leaving off I am sure. I collect a little of everything honestly. It is just whatever stands out to me. I definitely have my faves but I love so many different themes that there is always something new catching my eye.

I collect pins that are park related. Things like signs, road signs, trashcans, transportation, attraction pins, etc...

Last edited:
I collect stitch in general, along with some Hercules and Atlantis pins. But, I mainly focus on my warrior stitch collection (I.e. Stitch as a ninja, a roman centurion, a samurai, etc.). The only downside is that warrior stitch pins tend to be quite expensive :(.

My main collection is Pluto, but because there are so many I am focused on collecting holiday themed Pluto's. I also collect Little Mermaid, Muppets and Chip and Dale for my two year old. I used to have a big obsession with Snow White and I have started to focus on some of her pins.

I think the current hot trends have been covered already, but if you still want to know what everyone collects, for us it's Halloween, Tink, Stitch, Pluto, Haunted Mansion, Ariel, and Jessica.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back