• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My Favorites and Limited Editions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Favorites and Limited Editions

swashandbuckle

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just sat down and went through all my pins and pulled out the ones I know are real so I could show you guys some things! I collected all my pins in a 9 month period when I worked in the Magic Kingdom with the Disney College Program. Some were from trading with guests, others were my own finds when I went into the parks, and others I purchased or was given. Some of these might be up for sale later. If you'd like to see any of them larger just ask, I'll see what I can do! Took these with my iPhone...so forgive the quality for some.

beourguest1_zps9febb071.jpg
beourguest2_zps18aa9051.jpg
beourguest3_zps836857ee.jpg

So this is a WDW cast exclusive pin, one of 1000, that celebrated the opening of the Be Our Guest restaurant in Fantasyland. It's a pretty heavy pin but it's so detailed and intricate I couldn't pass it up!

flagsbambi_zpsf578c84d.jpg

EPCOT is my favorite park and I had collected all of the flag Mickey heads, but upon further inspection most of them were fake. I know the Germany and dragon ones are real as I purchased them, and the England and Mexico ones seemed all right, but every other one was a dud. The Bambi ones are from my roommates, they got them for me for my birthday because of an inside joke. My nickname was Bambi's Mom...long story.

vilcomics_zps0ef16a05.jpg

What can I say, I love the Disney villains! All of these were purchased except for the Maleficent one, although she seems pretty legit to me. Pluto, Figaro, and Baby Herc are there to make sure those baddies don't get out of hand.

limitededitions_zpse5565179.jpg

I worked at EPCOT for the Food and Wine festival in 2012 which happened to be the 30th anniversary of the park. I couldn't pass up the pins! The 30th year anniversary pin is a cast exclusive pin, also one of 1000. The Sorcerer Mickey pin lets the word 'Be' slide, so it can say 'Believe the Magic' or 'Be the Magic'. It's also a cast exclusive pin, and the Chip n' Dale is one of 1500. The Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom pin has me a bit baffled. It's got a serial number printed in white on the back, so I'm not sure if these were given out at a special event or not.

grimgrinningghosts_zps80f4e477.jpg

My favorite ride in the Magic Kingdom is the Haunted Mansion, so when they started to sell the packs I had to get them. I'm still shy a few pins, but I got Gus, Phineas, and Ezra, so I'm pretty happy! The Goofy was my first ever pin trade with a guest as a guest - I always traded CM to guest or guest to CM, but this Goofy is the exception. And he's from Disneyland Paris! So fancy.

misc_zps6f42ff54.jpg

The one on the bottom is interesting, although I can't be sure what it is. It sort of looks like the Beast, so I'm thinking it's a pillar from his castle, but please correct me if I'm wrong! It was neat and I grabbed it.

misc2_zps3fd314e1.jpg

Scar, Mulan, and Khan, three awesome characters from two favorite movies! The Mulan and Khan one moves up and down and is a limited release. It came in the same box as Jasmine and Raja, but my roommate had been buying the boxes for weeks trying to get that pin, so I gave it to her. I really only wanted the Mulan one so...everyone won!

magic3_zpsb5b506b6.jpg
magic1_zpsa51c651c.jpg
magic2_zps12041f65.jpg

This pin was given out to Magic Kingdom cast members for about two days during the opening of Fantasyland. It came with the little box and images shown in the last two pictures. The pin is completely golden so it's kind of hard to read, but it says Grand Opening, New Fantasyland, December 2012. It's limited release and has a black serial number on the back.

So yes, those are my pins! I haven't been back to Disney since I worked there but I want to so badly. I've got a bunch of pins that passed my quick inspection that I'll go back and look at later, also found lots of scrappers and fakes so I'll have to figure out what to do with those...but enjoy these! Thanks for looking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back