• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My first ever Disneyland Paris Pin Trade Event, what should I expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first ever Disneyland Paris Pin Trade Event, what should I expect?

xPrincessEmilyx

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hi everyone :)

I'm a newbie around here but I've been collecting pins since I was just 10 years old, back when the pin trading began to kick off in DLRP.

I'm off on holiday there in just over a week (9 days to be exact, suuuuuper excited :D ) and there will be a pin trader event on the 30th March at the Cheyenne from 6pm onwards.

I've never been to one of these events before as my parents didn't want to take me there and this is my first ever holiday without them, with my bf instead, so I'd love to finally try one!

I'm really not sure what to expect so anything you can tell me about these events would be brilliant! Hints and tips, what happens there, what the actual trading is like (how it works etc), can you buy special pins there that are event exclusives? Should I take all my collection with me or just my traders?

Anything you know from knowledge or experience would be brilliant!

Thanks in advance all! :)

If you are talking about the pin trading night then be sure to get there around 12 noon you mihgt as well ignore the 6pm as they can sometimes go on sale well before 6pm. Be on the look out for any one person starting a line etc as that would be the time to get in the queue and they could start the queue at least 3 hours ahead of time. Someone did that at the ptn that I attended and we were lucky they released the pins at around 3pm due to the crowd (its not a civilised queue trust me on that)

There will be a cocktail available which you will recieve a free pin, you might as well get one of those as they can get quite warm in those rooms with all the traders.

Be warned though that they are very hard to trade with some of them at least at PTNs and some only look for other PTNs or htf pins and they all know each other so if your the only english speaking people you may feel ut of place. We did at first as everyone was on edge for the queue once the queue started and people got their pins they seemed to relax a bit more.

ONLY take your traders with you to the PTN as no one would know unless you told them what is or isnt for trade. you can purchase 2 of each PTN pin released per person (sometimes there is 1 or 2)

There will be 2 pin boards there as well for you to trade from also.

Thanks for all that info :)

I don't think it'll be possible for me to go to the event early though :/ Just because my bf isn't interested in this stuff and it'd be unfair to make him wait around 3 hours when he could be on rollercoasters lol.

Is there any point me going to get there at 6pm or will all the free pins and the PTN pins be gone by the time I get there?

Yeah I guessed it would be a bit daunting but I speak reasonable French so hopefully that'll help keep my confidence up enough to try at least one trade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back